Mic Grills

Do mic grills matter?

From what I've read a Beta 57A is essentially the same mic as the 58A with the exception of the grill. Is that a load of BS or not?

If the above is true will this grill be an acceptable replacement or should I look for an OEM part?

http://www.long-mcquade.com/product...kville_Sound/Replacement_Grill_for_a_SM58.htm

The 58 grill will not go onto a 57 because there are no screw threads.
But yes the same mic .
A screen on a mic can make a world of difference ....look at the work M. Joly does with the new head basket onto Rode NT1a changes the mic a lot (along with other mods he does to it).

:cool:

sometimes it takes me 10 minutes to write a reply and when it's all said and done... there will be 5 or 6 other post in between that already answered the question then I just look old,slow and senile. :(

sometimes it takes me 10 minutes to write a reply and when it's all said and done... there will be 5 or 6 other post in between that already answered the question then I just look old,slow and senile. :(

Like James T. Kirk.......Must.......hit.......submit reply ........button. :laughings:

Not only that but my eyes have been failing these past few years and at first glance the title looked like...... Mc Grills.....thought it was a new burger!:laughings:

yo yo yo listen up MC *Mc Grills* here up in your grill given you pills of delight in your musical appetite. ~ Hows that?

Holy thread off on a tangent Batman.

Are you guys sure you shouldn't be spending more time in the SAS forum? :eek:

you're a generic garageband beat away from a #1 hit!

Trust me, we're a generic garage band that's lucky drunk people will sit and listen through a whole set. No illusions of grandure here. That dream died when i turned into a bitter 30 something after I realized that for the most part life sucks.

Back