MATH

I think it is a pretty done deal that we are warming the planet? I am sure the calculation involving the increased concentration of C02 and Methane in the atmosphere and the effect that has on heat retention is a fairly well understood one? I guess the naysayers might suggest other sources for the gasses but they have little hard evidence for that.

Yes, climate change is driven by industry, transport, and farming and at least 50% of the stuff made we either don't need or want. Most of the food produced goes to fat people who waste at least 30% of it. "Mammon" is the root of it all and I cannot see any end to that.

The super rich will be able to keep moving further up the mountains....for a little while anyway.

Dave.

Statistics are like algebra... Math without real numbers or any real life application:geek:
Al Gebra is just the basic rules of math. If you are performing addition, subtraction, multiplication or division and don't know basic algebra you are just a parrot who learned by rote. You can get it done but you don't know how you did it.

You can't pin the dinosaurs' demise on us. They went before we ever got here.
No doubt us little monkey men have done a good amount of moving dirt around to build our nest for existing here. In the process of getting along living and "advancing" our quality of life, we definitely have left our excrements all over the place. That said, The warming and the cooling of this big blue marble has been going on for eons and perhaps we have given the warming a little nudge but in the big picture we're a grain of sand on the beach...Now a meteor the size of New York plopping down somewhere might throw up enough dust to get us back on the cooler side of life and wipe out a bunch of creatures. The earth is in constant evolution and revolution spinning around the sun... millions of years before we existed it was hotter than hell sometimes and covered in ice other times...The process rinses and repeats over and over over millions of years. Sometimes it is exterior forces and sometimes it is just the nature of the system. This little snippet below kind of brings the point home of what I am blabbering about...
What caused Earth's ice age?

In general, it is felt that ice ages are caused by a chain reaction of positive feedbacks triggered by periodic changes in the Earth's orbit around the Sun. These feedbacks, involving the spread of ice and the release of greenhouse gases, work in reverse to warm the Earth up again when the orbital cycle shifts back.

The never ending story of which we humans merit just a few pages in the book...we really take our selves way to seriously....seriously! :laughings:

I think it is a pretty done deal that we are warming the planet? I am sure the calculation involving the increased concentration of C02 and Methane in the atmosphere and the effect that has on heat retention is a fairly well understood one? I guess the naysayers might suggest other sources for the gasses but they have little hard evidence for that.
Do you know how much of our atmosphere is CO2?

0.04%

Plants rely on CO2 to survive -- it's to them what oxygen is to us.

Guess what -- at 0.02% CO2, plant life starts to die down.

Friendly advice -- please check your stats before you start quoting this Greta Thunberg bullshit, it's really getting on me nerves!

In Biden's State Of The Union address he claimed control of the economy, control of healthcare and cancer research, control of planetary clean energy initiatives, and control of global warming...

And they say Trump thinks he's god :ROFLMAO:
You heard a different speech than I did.

I tried to post a transcript with commentary here... but the site won't let me. Too long :(

The super rich will be able to keep moving further up the mountains....for a little while anyway.

Dave.

But they don't, do they. They buy high energy consumption mansions on the coast, or places like Hawaii where common needs must be transported long distances. They fly around the world each to a private jet, attending summits to determine what the rest of us must do to save the planet. Modern technology they could do all that summiting over something like zoom. But they don't, do they. You can't be catered to and served extravagant meals while they plan for the rest of us to adopt eating insects to survive over a zoom meeting. They say and are all concerned that China is building islands for military purposes. Why would they be concerned, those islands will soon be underwater on account of rising sea levels caused by climate change. Seems to me if it were true or is going to be true that the super rich will be moving further up the mountains they would be investing and buying up cheap land in W. Virginia. Are they? I don't think so. They're buying homes on the coast while they plot how to force the rest of us to live in narrow enclosed cities stretching for hundreds of miles, for our convenience and to save the planet. Question is, save it for who?

Are they? I don't think so.
For years I have read that many are. Buying/building compounds and/or bunkers. W. Virginia or "up in the mountains"? I would think the specific location(s) have lots of considerations.

But, maybe it's not true. Or just a matter of degree.

Last edited:
Mick, "moving further up the mountain" was really a catch-all term for the fact that the super rich will use their wealth in every way possible to avoid the consequences of climate change.
Many of them must also be in HUGE denial! "Surely my father's steel business and uncle Jack's cattle farm in Oz the size of Texas is not causing global warming?"

Dave.

There is more than enough money locked away in this world to make it a really nice place. Why they are hanging on to it and making more baffles me? What to they think they are going to do with it when the world is proper fucked?
Do they keep it "locked away"? Like it's shoved in a mattress doing nothing?

How do you propose to make Iran and the rest of the Middle East, Israel/Gaza, Russia, China, Africa, Central and South America, etc. a nice place? Throwing money at urban craphole crime centers in the US has never done anything but make them worse. I keep hearing how great California's economy supposedly is, yet poster boy for Brylcreem and leftist ideals Gavin Newsom can't keep the feces and needles off the streets of San Francisco.

I keep hearing people talking about greedy corporations that pay their executives too much, don't treat their workers fairly, don't do the right thing with their wealth. What I never see are those same people creating hugely profitable corporations that distribute the profits in what they perceive to be the right way.

Back