"Mastering" limiters are forcing me to change the way I mix.

Ummm... what are harmonics and fundamentals? How do I get to know where to find them on the EQ plot?

Take a parametric EQ, set the Q value fairly tight. Sweep the frequency toward the the lower end of the frequency spectrum of the instrument and listen for the first "bump" in volume on average. The is generally where the "fundamental" of the the track lies (though it changes from note to note and chord to chord). Then gradually sweep up. You should hear the volume change at multiples of this fundametal frequency, though the volume change will decrease as you go up. These are the harmonics.

This is probably one of the most bipolar (or tri/quadpolar) threads I've seen. Limiter tips, EQ tips, tips on Chicago cuisine, etc. Keeps it interesting though.

Does anyone have any tips on making good Sushi?

Ummm... what are harmonics and fundamentals? How do I get to know where to find them on the EQ plot?

One of the links in southside glens signature has a chart that shows you where the fundamentals and harmonics are for many different instruments.....

If you wanna sound like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers:D
As their CDs clip like hell, I suspect they didn't use limiters at all. Looks like some bus compressor on "Californication" and "Stadium Arcadium" and excessive multi band compression on "By the Way" to me.

Back