Mandolin...MSH-1's

Gorty

Here's a short clip of my new Mandolin using the MSH-1 mic's. The mandolin is a stereo track panned left and right at 20. The nylon string acoustic guitar is two different tracks panned hard left and hard right.
The left guitar is the mic that was pointed at the fretboard of one stereo track take and the right guitar was the mic that was pointing at the body behind the saddle from shoulder height of a different stereo track take.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=10753

Sounds great.

Sorry, I´m listening without good monitors now.But even on these cheap pc speakers ...I can understand why you´re using the MHS,sounds fine...
Considering the excellent level "player+instruments+room+mics+mic position", a new preamp seems not to be a "must have" now (and seems like you already have a good "clean" pre amp option...)

Very good playing too, I can see the cangaroos jumping around...:D

Ciro
www.soundclick.com/openstation

Sounds great.

Sorry, I´m listening without good monitors now.But even on these cheap pc speakers ...I can understand why you´re using the MHS,sounds fine...
Considering the excellent level "player+instruments+room+mics+mic position", a new preamp seems not to be a "must have" now (and seems like you already have a good "clean" pre amp option...)

Very good playing too, I can see the cangaroos jumping around...:D

Ciro
www.soundclick.com/openstation

Thanx for listening CIRO. I think you are right about the pre-amp situation. I want to buy some stuff! :D

The kangaroo's love this tune! :)

Gorty - you never told me you were a hot mandolin player. I knew you were a rockin' guitar player. :D The recording sounds good - those mics are clean! Positioning seems to pick up everything nicely.

:cool::D:cool::D

Gorty - you never told me you were a hot mandolin player. I knew you were a rockin' guitar player. :D The recording sounds good - those mics are clean! Positioning seems to pick up everything nicely.

:cool::D:cool::D

Thanx ido1957. I used to be a mandolin playing elf in my former life! :D

Nice plucking Gorty. I was thinkin' Irish whiskey & the theme from Skippy all at once.
You've made me jealous - the Mrs gave me a resonator guitar & a mondolin for xmas.
I managed to tune the mandolin - well almost everything was set but for the 2nd E string - it was about a semi tone flat - one more wind and BANG! Impressive string snap sound. Now I'm playing a 7 string - well fooling about with it. Another instrument that requires me to re think where notes are - why oh why isn't everything tuned like a bass guitar - life was so much easier when I just played bass.
I have new strings BUT I don't want to go through the fiddly marathon that is tuning one of these blighters.

Nice plucking Gorty. I was thinkin' Irish whiskey & the theme from Skippy all at once.
You've made me jealous - the Mrs gave me a resonator guitar & a mondolin for xmas.
I managed to tune the mandolin - well almost everything was set but for the 2nd E string - it was about a semi tone flat - one more wind and BANG! Impressive string snap sound. Now I'm playing a 7 string - well fooling about with it. Another instrument that requires me to re think where notes are - why oh why isn't everything tuned like a bass guitar - life was so much easier when I just played bass.
I have new strings BUT I don't want to go through the fiddly marathon that is tuning one of these blighters.

Thanx rayc. I don't mind re-string the mandolin, just did it the other day. The instrument I hate changing strings on is my nylon string classical guitar.

Cheers Dogman........I need to finish the tune now! :D Did SnakeDude steal your lava lamp for me? :confused: :p

Hey Gorty, don't tell Dogman this, but I smuggled the lava lamp out successfully. It is currently in the mail on the way to you. If it doesn't make it, then it is THE MAIL's fault :D
This sounds great r00, crisp clear and the playing is spot on. It's gotta be the shortest clip I've ever heard on here though :p Cheers, keep that mandolin action up... sounding good! I tried playing Dogman's mandolin and that didn't happen :D Maybe a mandolin with a wah wah pedal eh?

very nice -- the guitar tracks make for a nice "frame" around the mandolin, the way you have the stereo placement

Nice mando pickin', Gorty. :cool:

Thanx 60's.

Hey Gorty, don't tell Dogman this, but I smuggled the lava lamp out successfully. It is currently in the mail on the way to you. If it doesn't make it, then it is THE MAIL's fault :D
This sounds great r00, crisp clear and the playing is spot on. It's gotta be the shortest clip I've ever heard on here though :p Cheers, keep that mandolin action up... sounding good! I tried playing Dogman's mandolin and that didn't happen :D Maybe a mandolin with a wah wah pedal eh?

Cheers SnakeDude....I can't wait to get the lava lamp set up so my mixes sit better. Don't I need two of them though to get the stereo imaging balanced correctly. :D

very nice -- the guitar tracks make for a nice "frame" around the mandolin, the way you have the stereo placement

Thanx antichef.

Back