Mac OS-X Lion released today

Rule of Computing: Never jump on an OS upgrade.
Let the people who want to bang their heads on the wall shake out the bugs.

(This goes for ANY os....)

I was debating about this myself. But i decided to stay with snow leopard. Not to mention the only big differences are that it's got the new app store stuff. that's pretty much it.

I had such a difficult time with snow leopard there is no way I'm upgrading for a while. It took a solid 6 months for all my hardware to work properly with OSX 10.6

Really?? I built mine a couple of weeks ago, installed OS X 10.6 and upgraded and just started to plug and play everything i had. i mean i didn't have trouble at all...wait i actually had a slight problem with pro tools but it was fixed in about 3 minutes.

I'm not a mac person so bare with me on this question. I'll be buying a 17" macbook pro before september. Will all macbooks from here on out have Lion on them?

Probably. I still have 10.5 and it works great with everything I have. I'm sure Lion will be fine in the next couple of months as all of the hardware catches up.

Really?? I built mine a couple of weeks ago, installed OS X 10.6 and upgraded and just started to plug and play everything i had. i mean i didn't have trouble at all...wait i actually had a slight problem with pro tools but it was fixed in about 3 minutes.

My problems with Snow Leopard (bought it the week it came out, $30 was to much to resist) was mostly line 6. But currently my hardware (profire 2626) is in beta for Lion, and I HATE beta drivers.

My problems with Snow Leopard (bought it the week it came out, $30 was to much to resist) was mostly line 6. But currently my hardware (profire 2626) is in beta for Lion, and I HATE beta drivers.

Yeah i was looking into pod farm and they were having a lot of problems with the new 2.5 on snow leopard

I think all of the windows users found out the hard way about upgrading too soon with Vista. LOL.

I waited through Vista and upgraded to 7 because Vista was just too expensive and too many SKUs. Who needs a Super Enterprise Premium edition of the worst Microsoft OS since Win ME?

I waited through Vista and upgraded to 7 because Vista was just too expensive and too many SKUs. Who needs a Super Enterprise Premium edition of the worst Microsoft OS since Win ME?

Win ME was the beta version of XP

Vista was the beta version of Win 7

:D

Don't do it. There should be a giant warning that says "AFTER UPGRADING, YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO DO REALLY BASIC THINGS YOU DO ALL THE TIME - LIKE PRINTING FROM A PROGRAM - OR PERHAPS ACCESSING NETWORK STORAGE DRIVES" --- Not that I'm sore because Apple charged me 10 times for the upgrade and that "suspicious activity" froze my bank accounts and credit cards while I dealt with some of the worst customer service I've ever dealt with ever --- No, not because I'm sore for that. I'm mature enough to detach the situations.

But I just spent $600 yesterday upgrading perfectly good software because Apple decided to not support basic functions.

Typically, I'm a "let the pioneers take the arrows" type. In this case, the whole OSX7 seemed like a bunch of tweaks -- Not really a sweeping OS upgrade. I was wrong and now I'm in a Vista-like scenario where I don't even know where the next gremlin is going to pop up.

Now if you'll excuse me, my attached APPLE network storage isn't mounting. So I have to go figure that out.

Back