Maaaaaaaan. WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THIS BLUE SCREEN?!?!?!?

Long story short:
After a month of use it BDOD'd again at the same place: in cubase 6 while freezing the instrument only. i just couldnt resist the temptation. i had to check and see if it would. and it did.
But as I said in a PM to jimmy. that's fine. i can live without freezing.
but i believe i have discovered a bigger issue. the guy installed a not genuine version of win 7 enterprise :eek: (this post isn't going to be deleted is it :()
which just frustrates me beyond belief. idk why i didnt think about it before. i assumed he had bought surplus licenses or something since he's a tech. idiot move on my part.
First thing im doing monday is getting a new legit OS.
ill deal with re-installing everything. ive done it so many times now anyway.

But my other question is this: what do you think it indicates that even after a complete OS reinstall (even though... well you know^) the BSOD occurred at the exact same spot.

it's possible that "tech x" didn't even update the BIOS to begin with. We already found out that there isn't a BIOS update available for my PC anyway from the HP site.
although... i don't think i ever installed that hotfix before i gave it to "tech x" that was recommended earlier in the thread.

How do you know it isn't a legit version of the OS? There is no difference between ones that are or not, that would give you evidence of that. So I assume he told you himself that was the case? I also see no reason why that would give you any problems when it comes to freezing tracks in Cubase anyways. The only thing that could really go wrong is that you download a Windows update that notices you don't have a genuine version and it would corrupt the install of it. That alone is definitely worth getting a genuine version for, as long as you know whether yours really isn't one, otherwise, you're just wasting your money on 2 legit versions. =P

How do you know it isn't a legit version of the OS? There is no difference between ones that are or not, that would give you evidence of that. So I assume he told you himself that was the case? I also see no reason why that would give you any problems when it comes to freezing tracks in Cubase anyways. The only thing that could really go wrong is that you download a Windows update that notices you don't have a genuine version and it would corrupt the install of it. That alone is definitely worth getting a genuine version for, as long as you know whether yours really isn't one, otherwise, you're just wasting your money on 2 legit versions. =P

Well it gave me a startup message saying I need to activate. Which seemed odd because I had already been using it for a month. Then when I said ask me later because I had to ask him what I should do it started saying my windows isn't genuine.
and now he just sent me a text saying me downloading the wrong update is why. And that matched with what u said so I guess that is indeed the case :(
I was just updating things via hp website the other day when experiencing cubase vst issues. I guess one of those did it.

If you get a genuine windows disc with the serial key you can reinstall window without having to reinstall all the software.

Put the disc in the computer, restart with the disc in, while starting the windows disc should bring up a menu. Select install windows At some point it should ask if you are repairing the installed windows, select yes and the new version will install but you keep all the installed software, and all your files. If for some reason the windows disc dose not fire up, try a start while pressing the F8 key and select install from there.

I would try this repair option first.

Alan.

If you get a genuine windows disc with the serial key you can reinstall window without having to reinstall all the software.

Put the disc in the computer, restart with the disc in, while starting the windows disc should bring up a menu. Select install windows At some point it should ask if you are repairing the installed windows, select yes and the new version will install but you keep all the installed software, and all your files. If for some reason the windows disc dose not fire up, try a start while pressing the F8 key and select install from there.

I would try this repair option first.

Alan.

:D I believe I have found a solution. Windows 7 ISO – Official Direct Download Links
It's legal and free (a few dollars for blank dvd's notwithstanding) since I've still got my HP stuff with the product key for the OS they had installed in it.

I should be able to just do a repair like you recommended from that right?

:D I believe I have found a solution. Windows 7 ISO – Official Direct Download Links
It's legal and free (a few dollars for blank dvd's notwithstanding) since I've still got my HP stuff with the product key for the OS they had installed in it.

I should be able to just do a repair like you recommended from that right?

It's legal to download the software, yes, as long as your serial key is legal. But as you say your version was not a legit copy, that means it was the serial key that wasn't legit. Your OS is fine, you just need a proper serial for it to activate genuine. Though having the actual disk on hand is always good to have too.

It's legal to download the software, yes, as long as your serial key is legal. But as you say your version was not a legit copy, that means it was the serial key that wasn't legit. Your OS is fine, you just need a proper serial for it to activate genuine. Though having the actual disk on hand is always good to have too.

Oops, forgot to mention earlier in the thread- I do have a legal key printed on my tower still for the pre-installed Windows 7 that HP had on it. I would've just typed it in already, but the key is for home premium. enterprise is what he put on the system. i figured a home premium key on an enterprise system would cause problems. idk why he installed that anyway. I mean there's a perfectly fine product key printed on the tower.
Essentially all he did was wipe my legal Windows 7 home premium and installed his illegal windows 7 enterprise :wtf:

Oops, forgot to mention earlier in the thread- I do have a legal key printed on my tower still for the pre-installed Windows 7 that HP had on it. I would've just typed it in already, but the key is for home premium. enterprise is what he put on the system. i figured a home premium key on an enterprise system would cause problems. idk why he installed that anyway. I mean there's a perfectly fine product key printed on the tower.
Essentially all he did was wipe my legal Windows 7 home premium and installed his illegal windows 7 enterprise :wtf:

Guys sounds like an idiot. =P Yeah, should be fine then. Tell us if it sorts out your problems and whatnot.

Oops, forgot to update.

I did a complete re-install with Home Premium 64-bit. Had to do phone activation with Microsoft though.
It all went smoothly and my system is legal again :D
Reinstalled everything. I had to take a week away due to work though, so I'm actually not sure if I updated all the Komplete files :facepalm:
Didn't get to install Maschine either. Probably will do that today actually.

I'm beginning to think that my Maschine problems and BSOD problems are actually Cubase 6 issues :(
Opening Maschine in Ableton (which I started experimenting with since it was included with a keyboard) doesn't seem to stain the CPU as much as on Cubase :confused:
Also... when freezing on my laptop... IT BSOD'd :eek: !!!!

And I now remember that in the past when I experienced no issues... I was on Le5

I still love Cubase though :D so I'll just live with it. Maybe it'll fix itself with the 6.0.6 update :o

Back