M-Audio AudioBuddy or ART Tube MP ?

I think I'm gonna buy the Tube MP and replace the tube with the jj 12ax7. Is it the right tube for the preamp? I mean, are there any other tubes that I should take into consideration or just go with this one? Is there any chance that if I buy a different tube it will not work with the preamp?

and

will I be able to replace the tube myself? does it require some hardcore engineering?

Last edited:
I said none of the above, I have both (still do), they aren't that good. If you're looking for something small there's alot out there (quite a bit higher in price)... but IMO the audio buddy "might" be usable, but not the tube MP, maybe for distortion...

Even if you want to record only one instrument (say acoustic guitar) with two channels you can record in stereo. You might be recording everything a piece at a time but some things sound better in stereo.

Help!

Well i m new user in Pc recording!

I have Purchased a product of M-audio Delta 1010 LT.
My problem is that i cant record any sample (vocals, etc) from mic pre amp channel. before using of Maudio i was using creative Audigy 4 i can record the samples from Audigy,( i have a condencer mic Shure 87 A) but now i cant record any single Signal from Maudio preame channel. After few days somebody asked me to use a Phantom power or a product of Behringer TUBE ULTRAGAIN MIC200.

My question is Do these things r neccesory to record a sample?

Thanks & regards!

I found some more money right on the street I now I'm thinking about m-audio dmp3 :) should I go with this one? I think I will even if nobody replies ;)

If you can afford it, you might as well get the DMP3 - it is reputed to be superior to the others. I have it, along with the Audiobuddy and the Tube MP, and I personally don't think there is a significant ($90-$130) difference between it and the others. But it also has 2 channels like the Audiobuddy.

Anyway, here's a pic of the Tube MP. The tube is easy to replace, but I doubt if the tube circuitry contributes much to the sound anyway, so upgrading the tube would be essentially worthless.

Just my opinion.

Attachments

• tube-mp.jpg
    tube-mp.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 47
Cheap mic pre amp

I am in a similar position. Started recently with a Roller powered mixer as a pre amp (er not good), found a very old and battered powered mixer which gave much better results but I then began to understand this was the limiting factor.

Im trying to record acoustic guitar and vocals and have a boss900 (and therefore ideally would need two inputs). Mic is an old Sure unidyne 3 which will be ungraded to a SM58.

Need a cheap pre mic pre amp, about £50 but will streach to £100 if a significant improvement can be found.

Advice ?

Cheap mic pre amp

I am in a similar position. Started recently with a Roller powered mixer as a pre amp (er not good), found a very old and battered powered mixer which gave much better results but I then began to understand this was the limiting factor.

Im trying to record acoustic guitar and vocals and have a boss900 (and therefore ideally would need two inputs). Mic is an old Sure unidyne 3 which will be ungraded to a SM58.

Need a cheap pre mic pre amp, about £50 but will streach to £100 if a significant improvement can be found.

Advice ?

Cheap mic pre amp

Advice ?

Back