Looking for a trustworthy person to critique my upcoming EP

constantthought

Hi guys and gals, I'm looking for someone to listen to and critique my upcoming EP. One prerequisite is that you must please respect me and my music and won't just throw it on rapidshare or torrents as soon as I send you the links. While this will be a free album it is not in a release ready state just yet so please do refrain from sending it unto the interwebs at this stage!

Basically, I just need someone (or more people if interested) to give me a second opinion about how the tracks sound, whether you think any tracks should change order or if there are any parts which may be too prominent in the mix.etc. It is around 30mins in length so please make sure you have that amount of time free to give it a proper listen.
I am aiming to get it released this month which may seem a little ambitious but it just feels like it's the right thing to do.

Please get in touch via PM or on this topic and I will then send you the private link to hear them.

Many thanks

Last edited:
You're asking for a lot and assuming people have the time and can be bothered disseminating your music on your behalf. Just post links here and people will have a listen to the bits they have time for and offer their opinions. Otherwise, upon reading your post, I simply think 'I can't be bothered with that'.

arrogance? I am far from arrogant. What part of what I wrote makes you think I am being arrogant? Apparently I worded this wrong.
All I wanted to find was someone who wanted to listen to some new music and comment, that was it. This wasn't a job, I wasn't forcing it. Music is my life, as I am sure it is most of yours and if I saw a post like this my first thought would not be to flame them, it would be to help. I didn't mean to start some sort of war. This isn't some demand from an egocentrical writer trying to get some sort of self gratification. I just wanted to find people who were interested in hearing new music but at the same time were honest enough to say when I sent them the tracks to not put them online, is that to much to ask? x

arrogance? I am far from arrogant. What part of what I wrote makes you think I am being arrogant? Apparently I worded this wrong.
All I wanted to find was someone who wanted to listen to some new music and comment, that was it. This wasn't a job, I wasn't forcing it. Music is my life, as I am sure it is most of yours and if I saw a post like this my first thought would not be to flame them, it would be to help. I didn't mean to start some sort of war. This isn't some demand from an egocentrical writer trying to get some sort of self gratification. I just wanted to find people who were interested in hearing new music but at the same time were honest enough to say when I sent them the tracks to not put them online, is that to much to ask? x

I wouldn't have used the word "arrogance." I think it is a little harsh myself. But I should make this very clear: this community does not pirate nor does it seed. We are a helpful place. If you want to get the maximum amount of critiques, post the link on your OP.

I wouldn't have used the word "arrogance." I think it is a little harsh myself. But I should make this very clear: this community does not pirate nor does it seed. We are a helpful place. If you want to get the maximum amount of critiques, post the link on your OP.

That is the truth. I seek out, and destroy pirates! lol! I enjoy banning obvious users of cracks! :D

I don't have a problem with taking some time to listen and give an opinion. But you do have to ask nice. :)

Being subtle is a virtue. :) A member blatantly showing love for his free crap, that I paid for, gets under my skin.

I'm not the moral police. People can do what they wish. This site, and it's members, do not appreciate those who wish to have everything at their fingertips, without putting in the work. I could care less if someone finds it necessary to use unsupported/unpurchased software. Just don't ask advice about it from me, or in this place we call home.

Just sayin. :)

Back