Live Your Dreams - PoeticIntensity Original

A really cool 70's guitar crunch - yeas there's some ACDC but that's unavoidable when you have that sort of tone.
I like the harmonics behind the thing too.
The bass - I can hear the definition quite clearly when the bass isn't palying the riff so I guess it's burried by the guitars.
The missing element: yeap, something that's melodic, tough & not, NOT, shredded.
Nice work all around. The sane - I kept trying to listen for it but kept getting distracted by the song so can't offer an opiinion.

Thank you, Ray. I agree completely across the board, and thank you for the kudos. We'll see how the solo turns out.... I'm anxiously awaiting.. :)

This sounds awesome. All it needs is a face melting guitar solo from White Strat or one of the many other gifted guitarists on this forum to put it over the top good. Love it!

Thanks, dude. If I could get White Strat to whip me up a solo, I'd be very grateful. He knows what he's doing, for sure.. For now, I've got someone who is interested in seeing what they can do, so... we'll see what happens with that. Collaboration is always interesting.

The mastering is out the window :D I still don't like the abrupt ending - I cut off a 1/4 beat at the end to give it a cleaner stop but I would have loved a few more measures to wind it down better - maybe I could have helped that with the parts I added but too late now! - I did some wacky panning and stuff with the lead parts...

Well I had fun messing with your song :) hope you like it :eek:

Live your dreams (with Arcadeko)

Hey, dude. I just listened to the result, and I've gotta say... That's pretty funky stuff. A bit too crazy for parts of it, but there are parts that I really like. The overall tone is way too wet, reverbish, and delayed for what I was looking for, but the performance was pretty well done, man! I've got another guy interested in doing a solo, so I'm gonna wait to see what he comes up with.

Thanks loads for taking interest enough to put your flavor in my song, dude. I'm flattered. Keep rockin'!

Hey, dude. I just listened to the result, and I've gotta say... That's pretty funky stuff. A bit too crazy for parts of it, but there are parts that I really like. The overall tone is way too wet, reverbish, and delayed for what I was looking for, but the performance was pretty well done, man! I've got another guy interested in doing a solo, so I'm gonna wait to see what he comes up with.

Thanks loads for taking interest enough to put your flavor in my song, dude. I'm flattered. Keep rockin'!

I have a tendency to get a little crazy :) It's cool man - it was fun, I was just messing around.
I've only been playing about 9 months :D I usually stick to rhythm guitar :laughings:

Great song dude - I have heard it now about 15 times :eek:

Solid mix. Most comments would be preference. I must say that I tend to agree with Greg on the snare comment -- but that's because it what I'd do. -- at the very least, I'd stabilize it a little more -- so that it didn't poke in and out as much. Vocals were spot on.

... and you're smart to recognize that Trip's got some of the best ear for detail on the net.

I hope you find someone who can fill that void in the middle -- the tune deserves it.

Best,

Kev-

I have a tendency to get a little crazy :) It's cool man - it was fun, I was just messing around.
I've only been playing about 9 months :D I usually stick to rhythm guitar :laughings:

Great song dude - I have heard it now about 15 times :eek:

Thanks for trying, dude. I'm flattered you wanted to put your stuff to it. 15 times? Wow! Can't believe you're not sick of it yet, dude... ;-) Thanks for the compliments.

Okay... Our very own Tony Fontana emailed me shortly after posting this song expressing a desire to get funky with this tune. When he emailed me the result, I thought it fit perfectly.

Here's the new mix with some sick solo'ing from Tony Fontana.

Because I think his chops are so awesome, I'm gonna see if I can get him to add some more parts, but I couldn't wait to post his solo, at least. He really did nail it, in my opinion.

Oh, also... I fixed the parts that TripleM caught, too. Raised the drums a hair (.8 of a db, nod to Greg), as well as the vocal verses. I think this mix packs a bit more of a punch without getting too crazy.

Jason,

I love the solo, but I gotta be honest, I'm not crazy about the guitar tone. Doesn't seem to fit with your crunchy guitars real well. Sounds kinda solid state, and I was thinking some good creamy tubey crunch (sounds like a candy bar) in the solo would fit well. I'll be anxious to hear what others have to say. The vocals sound great, and hats off to gerg. The drums do sound better. This is coming together nicely. Eagerly await your further revisions.

Jason,

I love the solo, but I gotta be honest, I'm not crazy about the guitar tone. Doesn't seem to fit with your crunchy guitars real well. Sounds kinda solid state, and I was thinking some good creamy tubey crunch (sounds like a candy bar) in the solo would fit well. I'll be anxious to hear what others have to say. The vocals sound great, and hats off to gerg. The drums do sound better. This is coming together nicely. Eagerly await your further revisions.

That is pretty much what I did guitar zero, I used a J-Station for the guitar tracks-after a broken water pipe flooded the lower level of my house I only have room for direct recording. I used a Les Paul Special copy with P-90's so that took some of the edge off of the lead tracks as well.

Jason, I will send you an email to decide what parts of the song need more guitar-I don't want to step on the vocals though...

Hey, another spankin' tune here Jason! I'm a little late to throw my hat in the ring this time for the guitar solo it would seem. Some pretty decent licks in there already. Ditto on the various tone comments, but still, some tasty licks in there. 'Twas a great listen - no nits that haven't already been nit'ed. :D

Jason,

Thanks for the kudos, man! I've listened to this version of the song (with the solo) at least 20 times now, and I've gotta say... I don't mind the tone at all. I could be completely off my rocker, but it's got a ZZ-Top feel to it, and I really like it. I appreciate your comments, though. Keep em' coming. (Got a new version with more guitars below)

That is pretty much what I did guitar zero, I used a J-Station for the guitar tracks-after a broken water pipe flooded the lower level of my house I only have room for direct recording. I used a Les Paul Special copy with P-90's so that took some of the edge off of the lead tracks as well.

Jason, I will send you an email to decide what parts of the song need more guitar-I don't want to step on the vocals though...

With a new version I just uploaded (link below), I actually think I might be done now. The song seems quite full, and I don't want to over do it. Take a listen and let me know what you think about the guitars I added tonight, along with yours.

Hey, another spankin' tune here Jason! I'm a little late to throw my hat in the ring this time for the guitar solo it would seem. Some pretty decent licks in there already. Ditto on the various tone comments, but still, some tasty licks in there. 'Twas a great listen - no nits that haven't already been nit'ed. :D

Thanks, Brad! Always glad to have you chime in! I've been waiting to hear some new stuff from you for a bit now... C'mon, and get writin' dude! :D :drunk:

***NEW VERSION (possibly final version) HERE***

This version has been EQ'ed quite a bit, re-mastered a bit, almost all levels tweaked, and a new guitar track has been added. Hopefully this was a step in the right direction.

The 1st guitar licks are a little quiet particularly given the assertive/positive narrative.
The solo section is really good BUT it doesn't seem to take off - that may be due to levels or the structure of the solo - can't tell yet - I will have to listen a few times.
Terriffic song.

I love the ending by the way! :D On the 4 "&" or something ...pretty cool. I forgot to mention that your vocal range is shown off well here ...I'm freakin' jealous! :)
Oh, and some tasty tom grooves too! :D:cool:

There is a definite fullness on this mix that the last was lacking. The chorused guitar parts you added work well with the droning 5'ths that I laid down.

Ray C might be correct about the start of the guitar solo though, it seems to need a bit more gain or a mid boost to drive it better.

I know I sure need to get back into some serious recording as soon as possible, too...!

Windows 7 decided to reboot halfway through my response &^%$#@ Anyway I'm lovin this tune and I think you've hit your stride vocally and instrumentally. Keep it going !

Jason,

This is sounding really good. I think you did a great job with the mix. Mix is nice and wide. Love the way you have the toms panned. I'm warming some to the guitar solo, although I'd still love to hear it re-amped with some tube crunchy candy bar goodness.

I've listened two versions, one with and one without solo.
I would like to hear third one, with solo in higher key, or even with totally different harmony!
I wish I had time to try it myself because I love this one!
sikter

Listened to both versions.
I think it's a tad dark, perhaps ease up on the lows on the guitars a tad.
Also I think the vocals can come up quite a bit.
Great preformance and killers sounds though.

The 1st guitar licks are a little quiet particularly given the assertive/positive narrative.
The solo section is really good BUT it doesn't seem to take off - that may be due to levels or the structure of the solo - can't tell yet - I will have to listen a few times.
Terriffic song.

Thanks again for the comments, Ray. Regarding the solo... I mono-checked the mix at the original levels when I got the solo, and the solo was horrendously high. It drowned out everything else. So, I put it down to a nice seated level in mono, but then in Stereo, it was completely drown out. So, I split the difference and that's where it's at now. I'll also revisit the lick levels.

I love the ending by the way! :D On the 4 "&" or something ...pretty cool. I forgot to mention that your vocal range is shown off well here ...I'm freakin' jealous! :)
Oh, and some tasty tom grooves too! :D:cool:

Thanks, Brad. No doubt, I'll have written something new soon, and I hope you'll be up for another solo. This place is brim with talented soloists.

There is a definite fullness on this mix that the last was lacking. The chorused guitar parts you added work well with the droning 5'ths that I laid down.

Ray C might be correct about the start of the guitar solo though, it seems to need a bit more gain or a mid boost to drive it better.

I know I sure need to get back into some serious recording as soon as possible, too...!

I'll see if I can EQ the solo for more definition. Good call.

I think it sounds amazing. And the fact there is no guitar solo makes it even better. That "empty" section, it ain't empty.

Snare - what? I'm fine.

Thanks, man. There is a new version with a solo by Anfontan, though. Have a listen and see if ya like it better.

Windows 7 decided to reboot halfway through my response &^%$#@ Anyway I'm lovin this tune and I think you've hit your stride vocally and instrumentally. Keep it going !

ARGH!!!$^&# I hate that, man. Nothing frustrates me more. (That's why I use Linux! Woo hoo!)

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Jason,

This is sounding really good. I think you did a great job with the mix. Mix is nice and wide. Love the way you have the toms panned. I'm warming some to the guitar solo, although I'd still love to hear it re-amped with some tube crunchy candy bar goodness.

Thanks for the kudos again, GZ. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind hearing a different tone, either, but beggars can't be choosers. I couldn't perform 1/4 of this solo without practicing for months, and I don't mind this tone, either. I think it fits quite suitably.

I've listened two versions, one with and one without solo.
I would like to hear third one, with solo in higher key, or even with totally different harmony!
I wish I had time to try it myself because I love this one!
sikter

Thanks Sikter! I'm sure I'd have having loads of fun with this one, too, if I could solo on a guitar at all. But then again, I had a blast creating the rest of it. Thanks for your comment!

Listened to both versions.
I think it's a tad dark, perhaps ease up on the lows on the guitars a tad.
Also I think the vocals can come up quite a bit.
Great preformance and killers sounds though.

Thank you, Nakatira! Glad to have you weigh in. It really is a tad dark, and that was unintentional, but I like it. If you're talking freqs, I have already rolled off a lot of the lower bass-tones from the guitars. If I do much more, they'll start sounding hollow.

Thanks for all the great comments, guys. Keeps me hungry for more.

Back