Live Your Dreams - PoeticIntensity Original

PoeticIntensity

MagicJones.com (is a website)
Been working on this for a few months. Learning new guitar tricks, and hopefully tightening things up a bit in the process.

The big gaping hole in the middle needs to be filled with some sort of solo. Still pondering on what that might be... Any takers?

Live Your Dreams

As always, comments about anything are welcome and encouraged. Thanks for the listen!

Damn...this works for me on all levels! I'm in a real drum mindset right now, cause that's what I've been working on, and these drums are just right--lots of energy and oomph. And the guitars have a nice gritty feel to them--just right. The cherry on the ice cream? The vox are sitting just right. Everything seems to have just the right amount of compression to fit together real well.

I'm both impressed and jealous. Great stuff!

(BTW--it's 3:00 am here, and the wife is sleeping. So I listened on speakers at a low level and headphones cranked--it held up equally well in both settings. I'll try to remember to crank it on the speakers tomorrow.)

Very good, Jason!
Great singing as well! The drums sound beautiful, the voice a little lost in the back at times. The bass could be a little more defined, but I think you're playing the same riffs as the guitar, so that might be the reason. Yes, the middle definitely needs a solo. Nice song!

Like it, listening at work on crap speakers vocals could come a little more forward but it might be these speakers yes a little screaming solo action and you have it
Tim

Hmmm,... first one to say thanks for giving me a Smoke on the Water earworm. Seriously though, sounds really good. drums, bass, rhythm guitar all well balanced and punchy. Nice spread. Vocals sound great. Yes, needs a killer solo. The one thing that sticks with me is the need for some upper mids. I'm thinking maybe brighten up the guitar harmonics and bring that out a bit. Good ears PI.

I love it, "In your dreams"... Mix the vocal up ... Love the bits when the snare flaps around behind the vocal.
Kinda nice sound but the guitar generally lacks sizzle, and gets very repetitive.

Damn...this works for me on all levels! I'm in a real drum mindset right now, cause that's what I've been working on, and these drums are just right--lots of energy and oomph. And the guitars have a nice gritty feel to them--just right. The cherry on the ice cream? The vox are sitting just right. Everything seems to have just the right amount of compression to fit together real well.

I'm both impressed and jealous. Great stuff!

(BTW--it's 3:00 am here, and the wife is sleeping. So I listened on speakers at a low level and headphones cranked--it held up equally well in both settings. I'll try to remember to crank it on the speakers tomorrow.)

Wow... You... jealous of .... me? That kind of blows me away. Truck-loads of thanks to you, my man. Great comment.

Sounds good PI - you've got a nice fat sound to the mix and everything seems evenly balanced to me.

Thank you, Rob!

Very good, Jason!
Great singing as well! The drums sound beautiful, the voice a little lost in the back at times. The bass could be a little more defined, but I think you're playing the same riffs as the guitar, so that might be the reason. Yes, the middle definitely needs a solo. Nice song!

Thanks, Joey. Yeah.. The more I put vocals out front, the more I hear the flaws. I did my best to find a balance between keepin' em' back far enough to cover up the crap, yet still make em' intelligible. Hopefully they're okay. Bass part jumps between following the guitars, and doing something slightly different, so yeah... I can disappear at times...

As far as solo goes, I might just have to annie-up and get creative myself.

Like it, listening at work on crap speakers vocals could come a little more forward but it might be these speakers yes a little screaming solo action and you have it
Tim

Thanks, Tim! 2 shouts for upping the vocals a bit. Maybe I'll push em' just a bit...

Hmmm,... first one to say thanks for giving me a Smoke on the Water earworm. Seriously though, sounds really good. drums, bass, rhythm guitar all well balanced and punchy. Nice spread. Vocals sound great. Yes, needs a killer solo. The one thing that sticks with me is the need for some upper mids. I'm thinking maybe brighten up the guitar harmonics and bring that out a bit. Good ears PI.

Haha... Smoke on the Water... Never would have thought about it, but now that ya mention it, it does sound a bit akin, doesn't it... Brightening harmonics is definitely an idea worth considering.. Good call.

Rep allotted for everyone! Yay!

I love it, "In your dreams"... Mix the vocal up ... Love the bits when the snare flaps around behind the vocal.
Kinda nice sound but the guitar generally lacks sizzle, and gets very repetitive.

Thanks, Tobe. That snare part was fun... I like how it came together. Glad ya like it, too! Hopefully a creative solo will help with the repetition, along with some mini-solos during the latter choruses...

Real nice mix man! Love the growl on the toms. Real nice tune, a Metallica with an AC/DC-like mood to it.

Thanks, dude! Always good to hear from a fellow drummer.

Everything sounds pretty good, but again, you're letting the snare get lost and buried.

Listened twice, and I think I'm gonna have to call your bluff. Snare never gets lost. Maybe a bit buried in 1 or 2 places toward the end, but I can live with that on this one, because it really pops in other places. Gives it some interesting dynamics. Yeah, I really like the snare levels generally. Thanks for the comment, though, and I'll definitely take a "Everything sounds pretty good" from ya!

Listened twice, and I think I'm gonna have to call your bluff. Snare never gets lost. Maybe a bit buried in 1 or 2 places toward the end, but I can live with that on this one, because it really pops in other places. Gives it some interesting dynamics. Yeah, I really like the snare levels generally. Thanks for the comment, though, and I'll definitely take a "Everything sounds pretty good" from ya!

Lol. There's no bluff. I'm not lying in an attempt to trick you. The snare does sort of pop when there's not much else going on, but it's just a trickle the rest of the time. It has very little presence. If you're cool with that, then rock on.

I thought this sounded real good.

Caught a little pop at :36. What happened to the word "got" at 1:41? Sounds like it's 4-5 dbs louder than the rest of the track.

Guitars sounded cool. I'd prefer just a little more gain on them. But they had a great growl.

For some reason the vocals seem "sterile." not sure why.

Nice job P.I. Wow...you really hold the "dreeeeeeeeams" part together very well...no waver at all. Impressive. This is pretty tight all around. I like the guitar sound a lot although you could sprinkle a little more varied riffage in there maybe here and there? Drums sound awesome. Snare is a little darker than I'd expect for this, but it does work. Playing is great.

Just heard the little falsetto bit on (I think) the word "time"...sounded awesome actually...I was getting ready to cringe cause a lot of people can't make that work, but I think you really nailed it. Well done. I think this is the best vocal performance I've heard from you.

The little groan in the beginning is pretty funny. Man I wish I had your vocal talent dude.

(Excuse me if this stuff has already been covered, I didn't read every comment)

I dig the simple guitar riff style - sounds good. I think the vocals could come out front of the guitar a little in the versus (the chorus sounds pretty good as it is).

I dig it a lot - I am going to add a lame ass guitar solo over the middle (cause I am not a good guitar player, but I like to play so I don't care)

I think I would like to feel the bass a little more - but that is probably the crap speakers I am listening on - I will check it in the monitors when I ruin it with a shitty guitar solo.

The only thing I would change is the end... its to abrupt. Needs a Coda

- I can figure it out but you could just tell me if you want - what are the notes of the riff.

Lol. There's no bluff. I'm not lying in an attempt to trick you. The snare does sort of pop when there's not much else going on, but it's just a trickle the rest of the time. It has very little presence. If you're cool with that, then rock on.

Yeah, dude... I really do appreciate your ears, but with this one, I really am pretty satisfied with the drum levels. With the new lead which hopefully will be coming, I'll definitely be aware of burying the snare.

I thought this sounded real good.

Caught a little pop at :36. What happened to the word "got" at 1:41? Sounds like it's 4-5 dbs louder than the rest of the track.

Guitars sounded cool. I'd prefer just a little more gain on them. But they had a great growl.

For some reason the vocals seem "sterile." not sure why.

Dude... Your comments are becoming somewhat of a hopeful staple for stuff I post. You've got great ears. The "Got" you're referring to was multiple tracks of the same vocal layered where they shouldn't have been. I'll look into that "pop", too. Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate your input.

I hear that and also "Jailbreak" by AC/DC....

good song man....needs a lead track for sure.

Thanks, man! The guitar sound I used on this one was "Highway to Hell" on my Line 6 Spider IV. Two tracks from my Les Paul, and two more from my Ibanez. I really like the way it came out.

Nice job P.I. Wow...you really hold the "dreeeeeeeeams" part together very well...no waver at all. Impressive. This is pretty tight all around. I like the guitar sound a lot although you could sprinkle a little more varied riffage in there maybe here and there? Drums sound awesome. Snare is a little darker than I'd expect for this, but it does work. Playing is great.

Just heard the little falsetto bit on (I think) the word "time"...sounded awesome actually...I was getting ready to cringe cause a lot of people can't make that work, but I think you really nailed it. Well done. I think this is the best vocal performance I've heard from you.

Dude... Thanks, Pete, for the comments. I can't lie. This was auto-tuned. Although I'd like to think I can hold stuff like that pretty well, I can't hold it *that* well. Those harmonies came out quite good, though. I think it had something to do with my not being able to sing at all due to illness for about 2 weeks, and finally getting better. I missed singing. :)

Regarding the sprinkled riffage, I'm thinking exactly the same thing, man. The problem is, my "riffage" is about as sparkly as a polished poop. It takes me days to get a couple of seconds of lead guitar out of me, and sadly, I've got a lot of other stuff I need to do with my time. I've come to know that this place is a great place to scrounge around for some freakin' awesome guitar work. I have a feeling someone is gonna step up to the plate.

Anyway.. Thanks for the comments, Pete. Always love your input.

The little groan in the beginning is pretty funny. Man I wish I had your vocal talent dude.

(Excuse me if this stuff has already been covered, I didn't read every comment)

I dig the simple guitar riff style - sounds good. I think the vocals could come out front of the guitar a little in the versus (the chorus sounds pretty good as it is).

I dig it a lot - I am going to add a lame ass guitar solo over the middle (cause I am not a good guitar player, but I like to play so I don't care)

I think I would like to feel the bass a little more - but that is probably the crap speakers I am listening on - I will check it in the monitors when I ruin it with a shitty guitar solo.

The only thing I would change is the end... its to abrupt. Needs a Coda

- I can figure it out but you could just tell me if you want - what are the notes of the riff.

Dude.. thanks! I haven't a clue what the notes to this song are. I think one of em' is an E chord. All of em' are powerchords, and the guitar was tuned normally, if that helps any. I have no training in guitar what-so-ever.

As far as the solo goes, do your worst! Throw up a mix of it when you're done. Chances are it'll be about 2000% better than anything I could have come up with. Also, thanks for the song notes.

Oh.. heh... Wow... "Vocal talent?" That's a first. This song came out abnormally good, but I think that's due to chance more than anything. Who knows... Maybe I'm getting better. All I know is I'm gonna keep writing music, and if nobody else will, I'll sing em' too.

Thanks for your comments!

A really cool 70's guitar crunch - yeas there's some ACDC but that's unavoidable when you have that sort of tone.
I like the harmonics behind the thing too.
The bass - I can hear the definition quite clearly when the bass isn't palying the riff so I guess it's burried by the guitars.
The missing element: yeap, something that's melodic, tough & not, NOT, shredded.
Nice work all around. The sane - I kept trying to listen for it but kept getting distracted by the song so can't offer an opiinion.

This sounds awesome. All it needs is a face melting guitar solo from White Strat or one of the many other gifted guitarists on this forum to put it over the top good. Love it!

As far as the solo goes, do your worst! Throw up a mix of it when you're done.

The mastering is out the window :D I still don't like the abrupt ending - I cut off a 1/4 beat at the end to give it a cleaner stop but I would have loved a few more measures to wind it down better - maybe I could have helped that with the parts I added but too late now! - I did some wacky panning and stuff with the lead parts...

Well I had fun messing with your song :) hope you like it :eek:

Live your dreams (with Arcadeko)

Back