Lexicon Alpha Pre-Amp Not Working in Skype

I just had a look and you can, inded, specify which input you want used. (Well, at least you can on my non-Lexicon USB interface.)

Go to the usual Tools/Options/Audio Settings but, once there, click on the "show advanced options" button.

On my set up, this gives me a list of all potential audio devices (even those not currently connected) including multiple entries for devices with more than one input. (My 32 channels of ADAT I can use via my mixer is, er, interesting!) Anyhow, if you find the other Lexicon input on the list, highlight it then use the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons to take the input you need to the top of the pile. If it works the same for you, this SHOULD let you fix the problem.

OK, sorry for necro-posting on a 4.5 year old thread, but I've been messing with this exact same setup today and I finally got it to work.

Sure enough, Skype is only listening on input 1 from the Lexicon Alpha. I had a mic plugged into the XLR input (input 2) and while it would work in Reaper, in Windows Sound settings, and in other apps, Skype refused to "hear" anything from the mic.

So I plugged the mic into an external channel strip, sent that into Line input 1 on the Alpha, and lo and behold Skype is now getting signal!

Also, one more recent development since this thread was created: go to the Privacy settings and make sure that you enable your microphone for apps to access, and to specifically allow it for Skype in the list of apps there.

Anyways, just wanted to pipe in since Google landed me here. There probably aren't many people using a Lexicon Alpha in 2019 (at least I hope not!) but this will probably apply to other interfaces whose drivers don't allow splitting up the inputs into discrete mono inputs. Apparently Skype only "sees" the left side of stereo inputs.

Also, RIP Bobbsy :( You were one of the good ones.

Back