Let's see your kits

Mine is a Gretsch Renown Maple kit; I think it's the Euro kit, except that my "floor" tom doesn't seem to be anything they have listed. Let's see...

18x22 kick
8x10 high tom
8x12 mid tom
11x14 low tom (I really don't know what the depth is, but in theory it's 14)
5x14 snare

Cymbals are all from the Zildjian A pack, except for a Wuhan china I got recently. I have another splash from the K series or something like that lying around, but I don't have any way to mount it right now.
20" ride
16" thin crash
14" hats (New Beat)
10" splash
18" Wuhan china

I kinda wish my low tom was bigger so it could tune lower and I could be an epic metal drummer, but alas, I'll live with what I've got until I can afford more. I'll probably still keep all my toms up even if I get more, though. I love having options and big kits look cool. I also want a rack system to make my life easier. Oh yeah, there's also a tambourine on there and I have a cowbell somewhere, but I took it off cuz I never use it.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 287
Mine is a Gretsch Renown Maple kit; I think it's the Euro kit, except that my "floor" tom doesn't seem to be anything they have listed. Let's see...

18x22 kick
8x10 high tom
8x12 mid tom
11x14 low tom (I really don't know what the depth is, but in theory it's 14)
5x14 snare

Cymbals are all from the Zildjian A pack, except for a Wuhan china I got recently. I have another splash from the K series or something like that lying around, but I don't have any way to mount it right now.
20" ride
16" thin crash
14" hats (New Beat)
10" splash
18" Wuhan china

I kinda wish my low tom was bigger so it could tune lower and I could be an epic metal drummer, but alas, I'll live with what I've got until I can afford more. I'll probably still keep all my toms up even if I get more, though. I love having options and big kits look cool. I also want a rack system to make my life easier. Oh yeah, there's also a tambourine on there and I have a cowbell somewhere, but I took it off cuz I never use it.

very nice, sir. i actually forgot about my cowbell... perhaps i'll put it up tomorrow.

Here are my little cans. That Plum Loco band was a lot of fun. But, it lives no more. Oh well.

rd.jpg

The snare, toms, and kick are electronic with mesh heads. I use a Roland TD-10 and most folks believe they are real. Sometimes other drummers approach me after shows and ask about what heads or what mics I use to get such a good sound.

Tee Hee!

PS. (Hey BigCheese. What's up?)

nice nice, i was actually thinking about building a mesh headed trigger kit just to plink around on when it's too late to play my acoustic kit. how well do they trigger? and are you using a crossbar sort of thing inside or rim triggers?

Here are my little cans. That Plum Loco band was a lot of fun. But, it lives no more. Oh well.

rd.jpg

The snare, toms, and kick are electronic with mesh heads. I use a Roland TD-10 and most folks believe they are real. Sometimes other drummers approach me after shows and ask about what heads or what mics I use to get such a good sound.

Tee Hee!

PS. (Hey BigCheese. What's up?)
Whaaaat. I probably would've been one of those drummers. Isn't it harder to do rolls with those, though? I see that you use real cymbals, though, which solves all the problems of pad cymbals being impossible to work with (in my opinion).

PS. - not much, just finishing school... :(

nice nice, i was actually thinking about building a mesh headed trigger kit just to plink around on when it's too late to play my acoustic kit. how well do they trigger? and are you using a crossbar sort of thing inside or rim triggers?

I use these guys...
redshot.jpg

Just a small amount of pressure against the mesh and they work like a charm. No triggering problems at all once you get the sensitivity set right.

The mesh heads give great stick rebound which makes the drums more fun to play now. Rolls are actually easier. I play lighter and with less effort, but yet it sounds bigger. The band's stage volume (and rehearsal volume) has been way lower too, to boot.

I do not use mesh on the kick though. That is a regular head (triggered) but it is heavily muffed.

Yep, real cymbals.

Some time ago I had a full Hart Dynamics kit. It totally sucked ass, so I dumped it.

Last edited:
My Kits

Here our my kits...Bought the Gretsch at a studio I was working and the Tama Superstar kit I bought brand new in 1980...I think...damn I am old.

Attachments

• Gretsch-Kit-big.jpg
    Gretsch-Kit-big.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Tama-Kit.jpg
    Tama-Kit.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 216
I promised I was going to stop posting here, but here's my kit. Some alterations have been made since this setup, but its basically the same.

Attachments

• My-Drums.jpg
    My-Drums.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 211
That's not a bad idea. Though, I do like the sound of the 10" and 12" together. It's the 18" that's too low. Sounds great live, but just gets a little lost when recorded. Not terrible, but not ideal. I think the 14" as a floor tom wouldn' work, though. Even though my drums are deep (the 10" is 12" deep, etc...) even on a jazz kit, the 14" floor is deeper than my tom.
What about 10", 12" rack, then 14" floor and buy a 16"? Either sell the 18" or move it round the other side. Or do what philgood does ^^^

The mesh heads give great stick rebound which makes the drums more fun to play now. Rolls are actually easier. I play lighter and with less effort, but yet it sounds bigger. The band's stage volume (and rehearsal volume) has been way lower too, to boot.

I just meant that rolls never sound quite right on the electronic kits I play with at GC. They just sound like a bunch of loud hits in rapid succession, and they don't always pick up all the hits, I think.

It would certainly make my roommates a lot happier if I had an electronic kit, though...

wow, lots of nice kits on diplay!

i crown bentrabbit the winner, with honorable mentions for blackhawk and bigcheese.

hey philgood, we need a better look at that finish! i like your setup though.

here's my babies:

20081208_02.jpg

nice drums...

here is an older shot of my pieced-together set. no matter really, as it is still virtually unchanged, save for a little different set-up.

STA73781.jpg

Back