Let's See Some Pictures!!!

Re: bedroom studio

Rick,

I guess you didn't get my reply :) I said I thank you very much, and will be loading autocad this weekend on my laptop once I find the power supply for it. :)

Plus, you automatically win because no one else participated LOL

I'm looking forward to the viewing!

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
mine. Hey frederic, didn't you get my "contest entry"(LOL) via email? Maybe you couldn't open them since they are cad files. I changed them to .gif and .jpg files but cad looks like shit when you change them. Besides, if you have autocad, you can go in and alter the files you recieve.
fitz:) [/B]

This is my place but there's a bunch more in the other room that doesn't show here. One day I'll have to get some nice photos taken.

Attachments

• wide shot con room.jpg
    wide shot con room.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 553
This is a view from the drums point of view. Dig the Flag!!

Attachments

• my drums rear view.jpg
    my drums rear view.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 484
Here's what I could get of mine. The picture seems to have some motion sickness. I was angry because I thought my camera was drunk again, but I guess the room is just moving really realy fast...

Attachments

• blurry photo.jpg
    blurry photo.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 342
I wish I could get the rest of my studio, or at least a better wkstn shot, but I have this in the middle of the room...

...and that's better than it was earlier today when I had a 7 peice drumset(double 20" kicks) taking up 3/4 of the room with 4 of them pink panels that you see surrounding it.

Attachments

• bass photo.jpg
    bass photo.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 309
My digital camera is the lamest, most crummiest thing on the planet. I should use it to fix the wobbly table in the kitchen :)

Console Picture:

Attachments

• console.jpg
    console.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 348
Vocal booth wiring area (eye level in one of the corners)

There's a JL Cooper cuepoint mounted with velcro, and to the right there is four 6" sq junction boxes that I will be drilling the top plates for neutrik combo and midi jacks, as well as (2) headphone jacks and volume controls (2). I decided after all to cut down what connects to the vocal booth because it was gross overkill.

You really can't see it in the pic but there is an NTSC micro-video camera in the upper left so I can see the artist in the booth.

Attachments

• vocal1.jpg
    vocal1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 314
Dan,

I absolutely recommend the Studiophile monitors. They're perfect for my set up, but if you're going to invest in a pair do yourself a favor and spend some time at the store listening to options. What's best for me might not be for everyone. :)

Vocal booth floor:

This just illustrated how I did the flip-floor a little better. The hinges usually don't come out well because they are shiny and the digital camera freaks out with reflections.

Anyway, the flipfloor allowed me to put my vocal booth over a rarely used stairwell that goes to the garage, thus maximizing space in the control room. I'll have much more space once I clean out all the crap on the floor as well as the junkpile thats starting to accumulate in the corner next to the booth.

You can also see in the picture (upper right) two bifold doors. I simply hinged them together, so all four doors attach on one side, slide out, and slide back. I had to do this for two reasons - the vocal booth door is right in line with the center pillar of two windows (one I have to cover with an indoor, insulated shudder for acoustical treatment, haven't done that yet), so I couldn't hinge anything on the window side. This was my wife's idea, kudos to her. I have all the carpet remnants and have started to carpet the inside of the booth.

The walls are made of dense plywood (three layers, with 1 layer of rubber in between) screwed to 2x4 studs. Its not staggered stud construction, but rather a very simple box. The thickness of the walls is what keeps the sound in/out, even though the doors don't fit tight at all. I'm going to be installing rubber flaps over and around the door bodies so that it seals up better when closed. Since I record everything dry and neutral and add EQ and such during mixing, I can record with headphones so I only have to block out machine noise and hard drive noise, which in its current configuration the vocal booth does well. Some flaps for extra protection etc.

The only noise I haven't been able to block out is the garage door opener underneath. I tried re-mounting it on 1/4" rubber pads however it still vibrates the floor joists of my studio, so I finally installed a "wife cutoff switch" which just cuts power. Only need this when I'm actually using the booth.

I'm about to build, soon, my first home studio... The pic shows me putting together my mixing console (I had to take apart it in order to get it down into the basement;-(

Attachments

• mvc-577f.jpg
    mvc-577f.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 333
Michael Jones said:
Nice console!
What model DCA is that?
Be sure to pst some follow-ups, we'd all like to see them.

It's a DDA DMR12 (english made) and it's huge (over 2 meters in width).

Below is another pic on the console. BTW: I didn't attach all the cabels correctly, 'cause buss 5 goes to buss 3, buss 3 to 7... and eh. Have to fix that.

Attachments

• mvc-581f.jpg
    mvc-581f.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 294
Rug

It's great that rug isn't it! Ikea, incredibly cheap. Made of nylon so probably full of static! I used to have it on the wall when I had a flat wall, looked even better!

Back