let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
Do it. Do it. You know you want one! Just go ahead and GET it.

What's funny is I don't have a lava lamp. Mine looks like THIS
Hey, mood lighting is what it is. It's lights to create a mood.
I just use it to relax the feel of the room when I'm mixing!
Others may add whatever relaxant they feel appropriate :D
But this was a one-time $25 purchase, whereas a 6 pack of beer every time you do mixing would be much more expensive after a while...

Ok, not much of a studio, but this is where I'll be doing my recording/mixing, just bought a house, & set my stuff up in one of the spare rooms (it was actually a big reason I bought the place...to have a dedicated music room...)...I'm looking into some acoustic treatment, but $$$ is gonna be a little tighter than before, until I get squared away on the bills again...Should ease up in a couple months, & by then I should know what route I'm gonna go with the treatment for this room...

I've got a set of e-drums on the way that I'll most likely set up in the corner across from the ISO cab, when they arrive & I get 'em set up, I'll take another pic or two...But for now, here's how the new room looks:

I'm actually really happy with it, I can crank my amps to my heart's content most of the time (can't do it late at night obviously), & this place is mine....

There are some great looking rooms/studios on here, & I know mine isn't even in the same league, but again, I'm really happy with it, because it's mine....:D.

Just a quick shout out to all you guys; Our new website is up and I'm now loading up galleries of a few of our studios. ;)

(Yeah, this IS blatant self-promotion.. LOL!) But it's really kewl! Check em out here -> Home - jhbrandt.net
Get yours today! :facepalm:

Cheers,
John

Thanks Fuzz...here's another pic (I tried to get everything in one picture, but couldn't...) with my new e-drums set up in the corner...Pretty happy with 'em to be honest, I figured I'd have to go through a bunch of shit to get 'em to work with my drum samplers/daw, but, it was actually plug/play...Now all I gotta do it learn to play 'em properly....:laughings:.

Thanks RAMI, I've got another chair (it's actually a computer chair on wheels that swivels...), I just haven't gotten around to getting it from my old pad to the new one (I've still got some little piddly things like that up there, the chair is the biggest thing left...)...

I'll probably just buy another one this week too, the old one is pretty used & worn out...:o

Miner,

Congrats on the new house & gear.

In time, you should try making some DIY bass traps, you'll be amazed at how easy, inexpensive and how much better you room will sound with them. Good luck and keep rockin!

Oooo!! Marshall Amps! Turning green, now (except about that chair). What are you using for A/D? Also, curious about what you are using to mic that big Marshall stack.

Thanks guys, I'm still looking into the acoustic treatment thing, not sure about how I'll go about it, but I'll get it eventually...

I finally got my old chair from the old place here, feels so much better on my 'ol ass, it ain't funny...lol...Now I can roll around the room like I always did....

On the mics for my amps, I've got a Shure SM57, a Sennheiser e609, Carvin CTM w/pre, Behringer C1, & Samson C01....

My audio interface is a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6...I plan on upgrading eventually, to an interface that has more mic pre's...

I mainly use the dynamics for my amps though, the condensors I have do sound decent, but I can't get really loud without clipping them...The '57 & e609 blended (or on different speakers) make for a pretty good sound IMO....

Thanks again!!!

Hey Guys thought I would add my pics of acoustic treatment hope this helps. I ordered my treatments from acoustimac.com they have fair prices and good products which are customizable as well. IMG_5217.JPGIMG_5108.JPGIMG_5060.JPG

New room finally finished

Moved my gear back into the house today.

Here's the return of #HipHopSundays and a few of the build in progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 569
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 555
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 566
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 543
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 533
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 506
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 498
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 495
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 486
Alright.. it has been about 3 years since I posted my last studio pictures.. Many things changed :) Not only I got a new studio, I changed a house.. and a city.. and a state LOL
Here's my new studio at my new house in Phoenix, AZ. It is my music studio as well as my podcasting and video podcasting studio. So I planned accordingly. The space is not the best.. it is 10x10 feet square room. But I have to work with what I have. So, here we go

My desk, LED lights, Heil PR-40 mic and Roxul panels right in front of me. You can see 3 panels, I added one right above, and I have 2 more I will add.

Studio Front.JPG

The wall behind me is covered with Roxul panels, and I have a nice really thin cotton backdrop I got from the Buddhist store. Just to make it look nice :)

1908469_10204343904950500_9020664694702230230_n.jpg

My meditation corner with my Shakuhachi flute.

Studio Shaku.JPG

And a small picture.. yes this is me playing my flute. Mic is AKG c-414 XLS
It goes into ART PRO MPA II, then into Lexicon Lambda and iMac

Playing Shak.png

I probably posted some pictures in this thread years ago.

Here's an update:

2.jpg

4.JPG

5.JPG

1.jpg

3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The close up pix are clear but the others are blurred. Maybe check your camera settings and repost.

Or send them to Steen and have him post it. :)

Love your setup man!

The close up pix are clear but the others are blurred. Maybe check your camera settings and repost.

Or send them to Steen and have him post it. :)

Love your setup man!
Steen's on the case. There are no close-up pics, other than the mic. They're just so huge that they ALL look like close-ups. I borrowed a friend's camera and noticed that it's easy to get shaky pictures. I scrapped a bunch of pics because they were blurry. I barely moved my hand but, apparently, the camera is very sensitive to that.

Back