let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
This looks great. It makes me wish I could go back 10 years and re-construct my own studio. I would have been more careful about the placement of the observation windows. All of my windows were set about 6 or 8 inches to high, OK if you are standing, but not optimal for a seated drummer or other seated musician.

Finished the decoupled mixing room wall, now onto the isolation room!

15635962104_72a2db4e97_b.jpg

iso room framed:

16185296706_4b7b52fd43_b.jpg

Am i seeing this right? Are you framing over the carpet?

Also correct me if i am wrong but isn't there an air return right there? inside your room? I hope it doesn't affect your heating bills??!!! :thumbs up:

Aside from all that i like your set up Moon!!!!

Yes the wall is floating on the carpet, they're non load bearing so I attached them to the existing structure for the iso/vocal room.
The outer wall of the mixing room is completely decoupled from the inside wall (blue wall). The same outer wall is also finished in a slat method with each face designed to direct any sound waves downwards into the pile.

Good thought on the vents, however they are just to bleed air between the unfinished and finished sides of the basement.

yes it is, I've got them above the drums as well. They make quite a difference.

Here is a "cross section" shot of the decoupled wall:
16275824275_d94828c82d_b.jpg

Had to get a kit set up for practice tonight:
16275615725_0c07cbe453_b.jpg

Here's my little space. I just bought a steel & glass desk at Menard's for 79 bucks today, it's a lot nicer than the dresser everything was stacked on top of before. The knobs on the EQ got all kerfluffled while everything was moving, so ignore them. I know where they belong, just haven't moved them back.studio.JPG

Yeah, the floor looks cool, but it gives off random CREAK noises which can spoil an otherwise good take. Kind of like having a cell phone with you in the studio and forgetting to mute it.

We work with what we're given...:thumbs up:

Some nice recording spaces here. Some are REALLY nice. :thumbs up:

What's up with the lava lamp revival, though? WOW. Gave that up years ago, along with all the stuff that went with them. :laughings:

Cool floor! Looks cozy. I have that same space heater.

I've got 2 of those for the extra bedrooms that don't have built-in radiators!

Some nice recording spaces here. Some are REALLY nice. :thumbs up:

What's up with the lava lamp revival, though? WOW. Gave that up years ago, along with all the stuff that went with them. :laughings:

Sorry, your studio won't produce good music until you get one! :laughings:

If you don't have one and having a lot of acoustics, you may want to look into a humidifier. Keep that wood from drying out.

Back