let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
Very Nice set up gazzab. I'm a neewbie also. what type of keyboard controller is that? Can it control all DAW mixing movements in Pro Tools M-powered 8 and Logic Ezpress 9? I find using the mouse to be slow and clumsy. By the way I'm in Perth, Australia

Can anyone identify the keyboard in gazzab's studio?

Looks like an M audio Oxygen 61.
Thanks very much. I am trying to decide if I should buy a Novation or M audio controller. Do you think the difference between the M audio Oxygen 61 and Axiom Pro 61 justifies the higher price of the latter? Also which is better in terms of "ease of use", "build quality", and "reliability", M audio or the Novation MkII 61? I like the ability to control the DAW with sliders, knobs, etc. instead of a mouse. I am putting together a hobby rig, for the fun of it. All this stuff is new to me so I need all the help I can get. Advice from this forum has been invaluable. My gear so far: i mac 21" 10.6.5, 8 gig ram, M audio profire 610 & Focusrite Saffire LE interface, KRK rokit6 monitors, Yamaha MG8 Cx mixer, Shure SRH840 headphones, Samson CO3 mic & a SM57copy, a very old Yamaha psr 225 keyboard, Logic express 9 and Pro tools M powered 8. I want to learn how to mix, and maybe remix. I'll post some photos once I figure out how, I'm new to computers as well.

l_b179945a14b94749a439f84d91c251d4.jpg

All the racks are now filled with stuff and the firepod is gone, but this shows off my DIY desk since the stuff you buy sucks out loud (sans Argosy).
l_b1947c296a684a9fb82730df10095618.jpg

I haven't posted in here for a year or 2, the setup is constantly evolving. I added some mood lights, it distracts me from the fact that my setup is in a basement :D Yeah it's a mess, that's why I don't post pics of the entire room.

desk.jpg

This pic isn't great but it has my new 55 I just got last week:

55.jpg

Why take a vocal track when you can take 3 :D

vox.jpg

A little mic pr0n:

mics.jpg

Last edited:
Discovered

Like, I just discovered this Recording Studio and at the same time, have to admit I've never seen a website nor place filled with quite the eye candy as this studio. I'm posting 5 photos from their site that might catch the atmosphere, but go to their website yourself and browse the real estate, the girls in the pool, the enormous amount of equipment, etc., at Night Sky Sound

Attachments

• 1..JPG
    1..JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,029
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,027
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,038
Like, I just discovered this Recording Studio and at the same time, have to admit I've never seen a website nor place filled with quite the eye candy as this studio. I'm posting 5 photos from their site that might catch the atmosphere, but go to their website yourself and browse the real estate, the girls in the pool, the enormous amount of equipment, etc., at Night Sky Sound

Maybe it's just me (or because i'm European) but apart from the beautiful equipment it looks like a cold and not much of an inspiring studio, this guy has too much money that's all :-)

Hello,
Newbie here... Wow! :-) I have been reading and viewing this page before becoming a member. A lot of you guys have beautiful studios. It is also a lot of efforts and money put in the studios. I am planning to have my own, but it will not be professional equip like most of you. Graduates on all your success! :-)

like, i just discovered this recording studio and at the same time, have to admit i've never seen a website nor place filled with quite the eye candy as this studio. I'm posting 5 photos from their site that might catch the atmosphere, but go to their website yourself and browse the real estate, the girls in the pool, the enormous amount of equipment, etc., at night sky sound

The place in the photo is amazingly BEAUTIFUL!! :-)

Thanks very much. I am trying to decide if I should buy a Novation or M audio controller. Do you think the difference between the M audio Oxygen 61 and Axiom Pro 61 justifies the higher price of the latter? Also which is better in terms of "ease of use", "build quality", and "reliability", M audio or the Novation MkII 61? I like the ability to control the DAW with sliders, knobs, etc. instead of a mouse. I am putting together a hobby rig, for the fun of it. All this stuff is new to me so I need all the help I can get. Advice from this forum has been invaluable. My gear so far: i mac 21" 10.6.5, 8 gig ram, M audio profire 610 & Focusrite Saffire LE interface, KRK rokit6 monitors, Yamaha MG8 Cx mixer, Shure SRH840 headphones, Samson CO3 mic & a SM57copy, a very old Yamaha psr 225 keyboard, Logic express 9 and Pro tools M powered 8. I want to learn how to mix, and maybe remix. I'll post some photos once I figure out how, I'm new to computers as well.

Sorry Wannaknow, I don't know a lot of details on the boards. I do own a M-audio axiom 49 and it is pretty good quality. Weighted keys variable velocity etc. I think the oxygen is a wireless unit where as the Axiom is usb or midi.
As far as using it for a controller for your DAW software (faders, EQ, etc.) they are not worth much because the faders are not motorized and do not sync up. You actually get better use out of the round dials because they do not have a stop (you can spin them round and round) so in a way they do not need to sync up. They can take over from any position and you don't have to worry about bottoming out on the controller before you hit the bottom of the fader on your daw.

Just realized, this is the wrong forum for this conversation. I would just say that most of the time I peck out my midi with a mouse and I OWN a controller. Take that for what it's worth ;) Need more info, I would post the question on a more on topic forum. Good luck.

F.S.

Hi... new to this place (kind of)... I've noticed so many studios have monitors with speakers that have yellow cones. What brand are these?
thanks
Randy

Back