let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
LOST ONE said:
Basically I wanted t say thanks to the people here in this forum because if it wasn’t for this forum I probably would have never built the studio my self (with friend’s help of course) this forum inspired me to actually building something. Before, I always used to look at studio pictures here (I still do :D ). And that got me motivated.
As soon as I get the other room ready I’ll take some pictures and post them here as well.

So thank you fellas for all the help :)

I can't wait to see some new pics LOST ONE! :)

Neither can Rick!!! :eek: :p

Neither can Rick!!!
I've got nothing against Lost One, and his studio looks nice, although I don't see any evidence of acoustical treatment. Maybe he has a perfect room without it. :) My beef was with his statement.

But I do have something to say in regards to his last post about me. Spare me the crushing banality. :rolleyes: Your life has yet to see what can change your circumstances in a heartbeat. :rolleyes: When it does, and it WILL, think what I said. NOBODY is immune. :mad:

Hey carter I see your using the Event 20/20's? We used to have those in my school, wondering how those are working for you. As I remember those were some pretty nice speakers

The latest incarnation of the control room of my home studio.
Got designs on putting in a vocal booth. I already have a nook that is 4x4 feet I just need to build a bit of a wall and add a door and a bunch of old comforters/sleeping bags and walla;) vocal booth.... well as good as I'm going to get :D

F.S.

Attachments

• studio.jpg
    studio.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,370
You're right Rick...

I'm Still Working on the acoustical treatment for the control room, as well for the other room. I’m still trying to figure it out. Maybe you can share some ideas.
I want to be able to get a good acoustical treatment and at the same time I want it to look good.
I was thinking of making some bass traps and some traps to capture high and mid frequencies, out of 703 oc. Cover them with burlap and maybe on some of them have my friend who is an artist paint stuff on them, but would the paint on the traps affect the
Purpose of the traps?

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
I've got nothing against Lost One, and his studio looks nice, although I don't see any evidence of acoustical treatment. Maybe he has a perfect room without it. :) My beef was with his statement.

But I do have something to say in regards to his last post about me. Spare me the crushing banality. :rolleyes: Your life has yet to see what can change your circumstances in a heartbeat. :rolleyes: When it does, and it WILL, think what I said. NOBODY is immune. :mad:

Maybe you can share some ideas.
No problem. Post a plan of your room with dimensions and your speaker/mixing station geometry, and I'll take a look. I'll be posting my own plan this week with some current pictures. I'tll show what I'm doing for treatment. Just bought my fabric yesterday. Today I start building frames, but mine will not be like the typical rectangular traps.

BTW, painting the fabric or the fiberglass will close off the "interstices", which will be the same as creating a reflective surface for higher frequencies.
fitZ

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
I'll be posting my own plan this week with some current pictures. I'tll show what I'm doing for treatment. Just bought my fabric yesterday. Today I start building frames, but mine will not be like the typical rectangular traps.
Can't wait to see them fitZ

My Studio Thus Far:

The two keyboards, a Roland RD-100 and an old Casio that I use for various sounds:
http://shadowfell.org/pics/studio/Boards.jpg

The drums, Ludwig Superclassics:
http://shadowfell.org/pics/studio/Drums.jpg

The rack and obligatory lava lamp:
http://shadowfell.org/pics/studio/Rack-Closeup.jpg

The console, which doesn't really get much use anymore:
http://shadowfell.org/pics/studio/Console.jpg

The computer, don't know why this picture turned out blurry and all the others were fine:
http://shadowfell.org/pics/studio/Computer.jpg

And just one room over, the M-102:
http://shadowfell.org/pics/studio/Hammond.jpg

Cheers!

Does anyone know how wide LOST ONE's room is? Just trying to get a general idea of how mine will compare. I'm guesing his at 9 feet or so.

tubedude said:
Does anyone know how wide LOST ONE's room is? Just trying to get a general idea of how mine will compare. I'm guesing his at 9 feet or so.
Not the answer to your question but my drum room is 10'x12' (and acousticly treated) and it works pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

Track Rat said:
Not the answer to your question but my drum room is 10'x12' (and acousticly treated) and it works pretty good as far as I'm concerned.

Its exactly the hopeful comment I seek, actually. Right now I'm laying the floor joists for a 22 by 21 foot room. I'm going to split it in half somehow, and the easiest (although prob not the best) is to spit it into two 10ft by 18 ft rooms with a hallway at the end with a seperate door leading into each room from the hallway. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to mix in a room that small without requiring $354,502 worth of Real Traps. I plan on having a bunch of bass trapping in almost every wall/wall and ceiling/wall meeting, even the floor next to the monitors, but I still wonder.
I'm screing with various angled walls, but everything like that wastes so much space when you dont have much to start with. Its tough. I'm thinking of leaving the room that big for mixing (not split)and tracking in the living room. BUt, then I'm back to having the shit all over the house again. Sigh.

Track Rat said:

Pictures? erogijeroigeroegoerijg

I don't have any newer pictures. I've made a few changes since these were made but this is still pretty much how ity's laid out.

Attachments

• Control and Soundroom.jpg
    Control and Soundroom.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,445
Gorty said:
I'd kill you for that skeletal CD holder once you had killed for that skeletal CD holder! :D
OK so I kill (somebody?) for the skullbuddy CD holder but only after you've killed me? Or Track Rat? Wait, lets start over. I'll kill you for skullbuddy after you kill TrackRat...or TrackRat kills you to get at me for my longing for the skullbuddy rat cd track gorty holder....give me a minute.

Back