let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 963 75.5%

• Total voters
Yeah I was gonna mention the amp too, is that a Stiletto in your top pic? I think the SG and that amp is worth about the same as my guitars amps and cab's combined :eek: And I got a lotta guitar shit! I have to go for more quantity bang-for-the-buck type stuff tho vs serious quality like that tho. For now..... But I'd seriously consider a straight up trade if I didn't need the variety. I only ever play with stuff that nice in a music store!

The SG and the stiletto are as good as it gets in my mind. I tried many guitars and many amps, but no combination compared. The stiletto has the crunchiest sound I've ever heard, it beats every 4x12 I've come across. The only downside to the stiletto is the lack of reverb, but I have a fender 63 tank on the way as we speak :)

Sound Mix Studio

I'm only a master furniture maker, but I'd custom made this mixing system for a friend of mine, who had been hinting that he'd needed some space to do his mixing in. I know he's overwhelmed and enjoy's the system as it assists in compacting his equipment around him & making it easier for him.
I was kind of proud that he's enjoying it but with him being rather 'modest', wanted to show his studio to others that shows how things can be arranged and customized for any event.

Hope everyone enjoys.

If you do enjoy, a small line to let him know at rocky@hotrodguitars.com, it would please him greatly.

Thanks All.

Attachments

• PA080018.jpg
    PA080018.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,022
  • PA080019.jpg
    PA080019.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,008
Well, here goes. It's analog recording and digital archiving. There are various photos throughout the blog, which is tracing the evolution so far. It's housed in what used to be an attic of a building that became a law library before the law firm sold the building to the University where I work.

Digital converter is a Focusrite Sapphire 24; computer is a Macbook. Don't think I have any shots of those items in there yet.

Further Adventures in Recording

Word of "Gratitude"

hell yeah man, awesome. I'd buy one of those!

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for the compliment suprstar. I was wondering how it looks to those that deal in this sort of stuff.
Me, it's only things like guitar picking, harmonica (sounds) Lord knows it can't be anything like music LOL! Whereas my work is more into design and woodcrafting on a unique and personal note. I like to catch the artists uniqueness and put into the work.

Any constructive criticism from anyone is also accepted as it only helps to inspire.

Thanks again, it's really appreciated.

This is my beloved Cavetone Studios. It's all analog and we do a lot of records too. I like things that do one thing better than anything else in the world (ex: a Fender Rhodes) so there are a bunch of one-trick ponies. I've been following this thread for years and decided I should finally actually post some of our beloved space.

cavetonecontrol1.jpg

cavetonetracking1.jpg

cavetonetape2.jpg

cavetonetape1.jpg

cavetonerack.jpg

cavetonevoxroom.jpg

cavetoneboard.jpg

cavetoneamps1.jpg

cavetoneamps2.jpg

cavetonemics1.jpg

cavetonemics2.jpg

It's not much to look at, I do hang up some dampening material on either side of the desk when I record but for the most part, this is my little corner of the garage. For recording guitar & bass, it works surprisingly well.

Studio1.jpg

Duesenberg, that is one nice clean modern looking setup! SS, not so much :D But mine isn't either, so I'm not raggin' on ya.. I'd be equally confy in either place. And Hung, that place looks like a carnival of vintage and esoteric gear, I never even seen/heard of half thaht stuff! A Toby Flip Top? It's like a bass amp form a different planet! Niiiice :)

And Hung, that place looks like a carnival of vintage and esoteric gear, I never even seen/heard of half thaht stuff! A Toby Flip Top? It's like a bass amp form a different planet! Niiiice :)

Thanks suprstar, the ring toss and the bounce castle are neat too. It's funny, I suppose I should buy things that have brand recognition, but I have this weird attraction to just totally weird, off the beaten path pieces of gear. As I continue on my recording journey, I realize much more often that the guitar/amp world is different from the microphone/rack gear world. In the guitar amp world, I can find something used that needs some love for a couple hundred dollars (ex: that little Epiphone Pathfinder which I bought standing in line at a music store waiting for the clerk to acknowledge me) and it would kill a $1,000 amp. That's usually the case with the $200 mics or compressors.

Back