let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Hi,

The Dareds are great for the price point. That unit has vintage GE and RCA tubes in it. I even run Dared preamp and mono block power amps on my stereo.

Regards,

Joe

Stereo.jpg

Nice. I've been eyeballing one of those Dared amps for a while for the 2-channel system in the living room.

Frank

compared to the stuff i've seen in this thread so far, i would not call my little bedroom recording corner a "studio". but at least i can do some noise with the stuff i own...

setup.jpg

yamaha xs 6
kurzweil pc 361
korg m 50
yamaha mw 12 cx
focusrite saffiro pro 40
tc helicon vt synth
mxl 990
yamaha hs 50
reaper

compared to the stuff i've seen in this thread so far, i would not call my little bedroom recording corner a "studio". but at least i can do some noise with the stuff i own...

setup.jpg

yamaha xs 6
kurzweil pc 361
korg m 50
yamaha mw 12 cx
focusrite saffiro pro 40
tc helicon vt synth
mxl 990
yamaha hs 50
reaper

WOW!!!!

Right now I can only dream of owning those keyboards...

I only have the samples waves for my midi controller :D

setup.jpg

yamaha xs 6
kurzweil pc 361
korg m 50
yamaha mw 12 cx
focusrite saffiro pro 40
tc helicon vt synth
mxl 990
yamaha hs 50
reaper

Those are some solid-looking boards there man. And don't sell yourself short, if it's working for you, it's all you need.

Very humble first steps here. Just got the MacBook Pro, Presonus Inspire interface, and the Oxygen 61 controller to tie everything together. The basement just holds my drums and PA if I ever just want to rehearse with an acoustic and mic and make some noise. Pretty solid, dry, block basement with carpet on the floor, nothin special, really. The upstairs room is where I spend most of the time, obviously. The Moog has been with me for twenty years or so, the Norma hollow body electric is a family heirloom from my grandfather, accomplished violinist I might add. Nice to have a good solid interface to replicate the analog sounds I am hearing straight to the hard drive finally.

Anyway, I snapped a bunch of pics, strictly for insurance purposes at this point, but felt this was an appropriate place to 'show off' per se, even though I am only just beginning (to record that is, been playing for years). I love this message board! I'm sure I will be visiting it frequently as I begin.

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/maestrotee/Studio/

It's not wired yet. I'm getting a set of rack ears for the machine and it will have to be removed from the rack. Once those are in place and the machine is mounted and wired then we'll mount some tape. ;)

I've been reading this thread since joining HR about 6 weeks ago, and what a treasure-trove of information and inspiration it is!
There are some truly admirable and outstanding studios out there :)
Oh, and Rick Fitzpatrick: welcome to "ignore" ;)

Wow! Got some real great pics here.
Vessel2020...I'll post a pic soon, but I thought I managed to squeeze a lot of stuff into one small space 'til I saw your set up. :)

yeah, it's a bit of a "tight squeeze",...my girl is still fighting for her 5 foot of space in the bedroom,...funny thing is,.. the living room is starting to look the same as the bedroom!:D...pretty soon i'll have to start looking for a bigger apt.,...because I refuse to "downsize" my gear. I have (2) of almost everything,...just in case somethin' goes to "gear heaven"...:(:eek::(

setup.jpg

yamaha xs 6
kurzweil pc 361
korg m 50
yamaha mw 12 cx
focusrite saffiro pro 40
tc helicon vt synth
mxl 990
yamaha hs 50
reaper

Wow...All those nice synths, but you need to upgrade that mic!

just getting started, have more gear, but no more room!..this is just my bedroom without acoustic traps, etc... i have a yamaha O2R V2 as my main. sorry for the dark pics, crap cam.
i play / record - industrial / hardcore / electronic / ambient / metal / futuristic soundscapes.

Holy....how much of that stuff do you actually use?

Holy....how much of that stuff do you actually use?

ALL of it...there isn't one single thing in that room, that I don't use, when I "fire-up the starship enterprise":D
Every instrument, or recorder is put to FULL use.
Usually when I record, I'll record on CD, MINIDISC, ADAT, DAT, CASSETTE, & HARD DRIVE, all at the same time,...It works well for me, especially being a electronic musician.

I do some electro as well....I'd like to hear some of your stuff, and I'd be fascinated to see that Enterprise get fired up...though it kinda reminds me of the Borg ship to be honest :D

I do some electro as well....I'd like to hear some of your stuff, and I'd be fascinated to see that Enterprise get fired up...though it kinda reminds me of the Borg ship to be honest :D

I'll try to do a spontaneous youtube (off the cuff mix)..with everything all fired up, and I'll let you know when I post it,...the only thing is,..i've got this really crappy Tascam us-122 interface (old) that doesn't play well with my computer,..so, the audio would be recorded from a crappy digital camera.
I don't know how good it'll sound, but I'll give it a go-round and see what happens,...I'll let you know how I made out.
PS.- yeah, ..it does look more like the BORG ship,..now, that I look at it again:D

Back