Knots In White Cotton (Super Jakes Remix)

Thanks Greg, good to get your take - I need to incorporate some of those characteristics into the original for sure.

Yeah, I figure that goes for almost everything I post up on here, so I appreciate you taking the time to give your thoughts on this kind of stuff :thumbs up:
Ha, well just to be clear, while my helpfulness may be sometimes limited, I try to give feedback based on the person, not the style. People that I "know" in here, people that I know contribute to the site, they'll always get a listen from me regardless of style if I notice their thread.

Ha, well just to be clear, while my helpfulness may be sometimes limited, I try to give feedback based on the person, not the style. People that I "know" in here, people that I know contribute to the site, they'll always get a listen from me regardless of style if I notice their thread.

Yeah, same here man. If someone contributes to the site and gives other folk a listen I'll try and get round to a play and some feedback if I can - even if it's not my style and even if I've nothing to add other than a 'sounds good' :thumbs up:

Probably just agreeing with most of what has been said already, but the new mix sounds a lot more commercial, current and accessible to younger tastes, and that doesn't carry any negative connotations, it did sound good to me.

Blending electronic and acoustic music is something i do and often struggle with a lot, and i like a lot of that sort of music as much as any other, but as far as any mix issues go anything i said would be just nitpicking, a few small tweaks here and there, sounds good to me. The Bass synth might have been a touch muddy in the new mix, but then again it might have just been warm and fat :) The female vocal was pretty buried too - see, total nitpickery. Synth's are usually just so massive sounding it's hard not to have them dominate, and still sound good, but i think you got yours sounding pretty good.

The original was distinctly different, less polished, but it stood well in it's own right, and i get the main song/reprise feel too. Enjoyed listening to both.

Probably just agreeing with most of what has been said already, but the new mix sounds a lot more commercial, current and accessible to younger tastes, and that doesn't carry any negative connotations, it did sound good to me.

Blending electronic and acoustic music is something i do and often struggle with a lot, and i like a lot of that sort of music as much as any other, but as far as any mix issues go anything i said would be just nitpicking, a few small tweaks here and there, sounds good to me. The Bass synth might have been a touch muddy in the new mix, but then again it might have just been warm and fat :) The female vocal was pretty buried too - see, total nitpickery. Synth's are usually just so massive sounding it's hard not to have them dominate, and still sound good, but i think you got yours sounding pretty good.

The original was distinctly different, less polished, but it stood well in it's own right, and i get the main song/reprise feel too. Enjoyed listening to both.

Cool, thanks a lot Anders - I listen to a lot more electronic music than I currently write too, so it's been really enjoyable to hear something I wrote pushed further in that direction - and KC's great at producing this kind of stuff. Cheers man :thumbs up:

Back