Just got the Lynx II !!!

JuSumPilgrim said:
I just came across this though its 4 months old.

I would just add that I recall a similar finding on DA alone when I upgraded from the 66 to the 1010 a couple of years ago. The second I sat down in front of my speakers before tracking anything through the 1010, just listening to my mixes and commercial CDs, it was a whole dif ballgame in terms of image and clarity. The dif was not small. I have not heard the lynx II and delta 1010 back to back but I doubt the dif would be anywhere near as dramatic as the 66/lynxII comparison.

The Delta 1010LT is $279 and the Delta 66 is $299 at 8thstreet. I thought all of the Delta series had the same converters, but if the 1010LT has superior converters I'll have to consider an upgrade from my Dman 2044.

I haven't listened to these samples in a while, but if memory serves, the biggest difference for me was in the stereo imaging. Which would suggest to me that the Lynx has a higher-quality clock. Everything else about the Lynx and M-audio cards is going to be pretty similar.

tdukex said:
The Delta 1010LT is $279 and the Delta 66 is $299 at 8thstreet. I thought all of the Delta series had the same converters, but if the 1010LT has superior converters I'll have to consider an upgrade from my Dman 2044.

The Delta 1010 and the 1010LT are two different products with different converters. The Delta 1010 has higher quality converters.

chessrock said:
Everything else about the Lynx and M-audio cards is going to be pretty similar.

i have to humbly disagree... delta has a dip/distortion at both extremes hi's and lo's, while the lynxtwo is pretty damn near flat...

ozraves said:
The Delta 1010 and the 1010LT are two different products with different converters. The Delta 1010 has higher quality converters.

Thanks, it appears they are higher quality than the Delta 66 as well, although I can't find any info that states it as fact.

it is my understanding that the audiophile 2496, delta 44, delta 66 and 1010LT all have the same converters. the full-bore 1010 (with the external breakout box) has higher quality converters.

i can definitely tell a HUGE difference between my 1010 (not the LT) and my 2496. not small. not small at all.

i needs me a wordclock now, b/c i know that'll definitely make things sound even nicer.

wade

PS--(edit)--i would assume the unbalanced RCA inputs on the 2496, 44, 66, and 1010LT have a large part of this, in contrast to the balanced 1/4" on the 1010. and i'm sure the XLRs on the Lynx steps it up another notch.

Hopefully this will have good implications for me :D I'm nowhere near the standard the Lynx Two will have to offer, but I was "relatively" pleased with results I got recently on the AC97 card that comes with most PC's. Hopefully, the step up onto something professional will enhance everything again.

i did quick A/B between my lynxtwo's D/A and my onboard AC97....not even close...with my delta 66 it was much closer

mrface2112 said:

PS--(edit)--i would assume the unbalanced RCA inputs on the 2496, 44, 66, and 1010LT have a large part of this, in contrast to the balanced 1/4" on the 1010. and i'm sure the XLRs on the Lynx steps it up another notch.

The Delta 44 and 66 both have a breakout box with balanced 1/4 TRS inputs, not RCA. So any difference will be because of the converters and wordclock.

Do the Delta 1010 and Lynx cards play well? What about with WDM drivers and Sonar? Any problems? I was thinking of adding a 2 input lynx to get me 12 channels.
Anyone compared the two in sound?

Paul

I had the Audiophile 24/96 and the Lynx II running fine together. The 24/96 uses a similar driver as the Delta 1010 so hope that helps.

Since that time, because the quality is so much better in the Lynx, I dumped the Audiophile and went with the ASIO drivers. The beta WDM driver for the Lynx left a little to be desired in terms of latency and stability. I believe Lynx programmers are close to a final version of the WDM drivers however.

Sound quality wise, its like the difference between a VW bug and a Mercedes on the road to Vegas. I am getting vocal tracks now that are just incredible using the Lynx. Conversions of midi synths and soundfonts are also greatly improved.

Last edited:
tubedude said:
Do the Delta 1010 and Lynx cards play well? What about with WDM drivers and Sonar? Any problems? I was thinking of adding a 2 input lynx to get me 12 channels.
Anyone compared the two in sound?

Paul

Paul,

I haven't ever compared the sound of the 1010 vs Lynx. As far as WDM... ditto what Middleman said. Strangely, I have an Audiophile with my system too... not for extra drivers. I use the Delta card with Gigastudio so Giga has its own set of MIDI drivers and outputs. The Lynx Beta WDMs were not stable on my system and I had to take them out and use the regular ASIO drivers. If you want to use WDM now with the Lynx I'd say don't do it. There's no telling when the WDM drivers will be released... although, I'd expect them any day.

Back