John Renbourn

fat_fleet

Swollen Member
died actually like a week ago.
I wasn't going to post it here because I think there are maybe 2 of you fuckers who even know anything about the man.

Anyways, he's with Bert again.

Weirdly, the night he died, we went out at night to pick up take-out and I randomly played The Lady and the Unicorn in the car, not having heard it for years. My wife actually commented, said "This is nice." Then the next day I read he was dead. Eerie!

There's nothing more hipster than liking the same music as your 65 year old mom. No one does that! Look how edgy you are! You are truly unique! :D

Was he, like, in Pentangle with Bert Jansch? :D I knew ages ago that he'd popped his clogs.

There's nothing more hipster than liking the same music as your 65 year old mom. No one does that! Look how edgy you are! You are truly unique! :D

Um, if you really insist, whatever. But I'm tellin' you tons of people know about this guy. Even Bubba Po!

And I'm one of them punk rocker types!

Hold on, we're gonna have to wait on a ruling from fat fleet. He decides what's punk and what isn't. Just wait. He'll run it by his mom, they'll discuss things like what kind of guitar you use and how many backyard get-togethers you played in 1992, and then they'll make an official ruling.

died actually like a week ago.
I wasn't going to post it here because I think there are maybe 2 of you fuckers who even know anything about the man.

Anyways, he's with Bert again.

I did get this memo last week. I knew him fairly well but had not caught up with him for some years.....

A lovely man.

And I'm one of them punk rocker types!

I don't know, I think the whole "punk vs. hippies" thing is so cliche and played out. The first punks were hippies, they're so related it's ridiculous. And all the guys that are usually credited for "inventing" punk loved 60s music, etc.

Hold on, we're gonna have to wait on a ruling from fat fleet. He decides what's punk and what isn't. Just wait. He'll run it by his mom, they'll discuss things like what kind of guitar you use and how many backyard get-togethers you played in 1992, and then they'll make an official ruling.

Don't be insecure Gerg, I've told you how much I respect your shit.
You're an awesome drummer, and you and RAMI make the cleanest recordings in the joint. I've just spent way too much time in the bins. :D

Back