Joeym's new CD "Angels fall"

joeym

Hey y'all!
My new CD "Angels Fall" is now availablefor download at Bandcamp:Joe Mizzi
Download for free or name your price if you think it's worth it and tell your friends about it.;)
For phyical copies of the CD send me a PM, I'll mail to anywhere in the world......
Official radio launch on One Radio Malta on Thursday 14th January at 20:45 CET under following link:ONE - Live Radio Streaming. It's in maltese, you won't understand a word, but hey, it's radio.....!:D

Cheers
Joey :)

Thanx guys,
really appreciate your thoughts!

Here's a thought. I haven't really gotten into heavy metal in over 10 years, probably closer to 15. But I listened to your whole album. It's really good. Reminds me of some of the best bands from the early 1990s.

Here's a thought. I haven't really gotten into heavy metal in over 10 years, probably closer to 15. But I listened to your whole album. It's really good. Reminds me of some of the best bands from the early 1990s.

Wow, thanx man!
I just play the music I love....
feel free to download it!

Joeym:
I am very impressed with your work. Great vocals, and the production is solid. I tried to find out more about you, but couldn't locate more of a bio.

I've never heard of bandcamp, although it's kind of like something I had in mind.

Question... why didn't you signify a certain $ amount for the release?

Joeym:
I am very impressed with your work. Great vocals, and the production is solid. I tried to find out more about you, but couldn't locate more of a bio.

I've never heard of bandcamp, although it's kind of like something I had in mind.

Question... why didn't you signify a certain $ amount for the release?

Thanx for the nice comments Nandoram!
I didn't specify any price, because I want people to decide for themselves if they wanna leave a donation or not. I want to share my music with as many people as possible and I'm not interested in making money. This is simply a labour of love and I don't mind if people download it for free.
I'm selling physical CDs though but for very little, practically just to cover postage.:)
Regarding bio, I've opened up for a couple of big names in my time....but it's the music I'm making that counts, I guess.

I didn't specify any price, because I want people to decide for themselves if they wanna leave a donation or not. I want to share my music with as many people as possible and I'm not interested in making money. This is simply a labour of love and I don't mind if people download it for free.
I'm selling physical CDs though but for very little, practically just to cover postage.:)
Regarding bio, I've opened up for a couple of big names in my time....but it's the music I'm making that counts, I guess.

I like this philosophy...music for the sheer love of it, what a concept !
I gave it a listen and it sounds really excellent.

I can totally respect what you're saying. The idea I had (which is probably not original) was to present new music for FREE, with the artist collecting money from ads that people click on in the page. Or maybe that we require them to watch a 30 second commercial before downloading each song, and so the artist gets that advertising money. It seems the new paradigm... the public DOES NOT want to pay for new music. So why dont we give it to them for free, and find out how we can make money by giving it out. We control the method they get it, so we should be able to leverage micropayments in some way, or advertising money in some way.

I think it's admirable what you're doing, but the main difference here is that you are putting out a product which has the professional quality that is needed to make a difference.

Hey, the reason I wanted / was looking for a bio, is that I'm interested in learning about you... what work you've done, how you created the new album, how you wrote it... what gear you used... how you recorded the drums... and all of that background stuff. I'm geniunely curious because you have got the goods, so to speak.

Thanks for replying!

Great job Joe! I like the simple website, its all put together very well, sounds great!

I can totally respect what you're saying. The idea I had (which is probably not original) was to present new music for FREE, with the artist collecting money from ads that people click on in the page. Or maybe that we require them to watch a 30 second commercial before downloading each song, and so the artist gets that advertising money. It seems the new paradigm... the public DOES NOT want to pay for new music. So why dont we give it to them for free, and find out how we can make money by giving it out. We control the method they get it, so we should be able to leverage micropayments in some way, or advertising money in some way.

I think it's admirable what you're doing, but the main difference here is that you are putting out a product which has the professional quality that is needed to make a difference.

Hey, the reason I wanted / was looking for a bio, is that I'm interested in learning about you... what work you've done, how you created the new album, how you wrote it... what gear you used... how you recorded the drums... and all of that background stuff. I'm geniunely curious because you have got the goods, so to speak.

Thanks for replying!

You're making some very interesting points there, N. My worry would be getting on people's nerves by adding stuff like that, they might not have the patience to wait 30 secs for a commercial to end before they can download. But I totally get what you mean and I believe that things like that are possible. Thing is, I know I will never make any significant financial gain from music, which is probably what most of us here think. And that's why for me at the moment, it's more important to reach as many listeners as possible. That would make me feel like what I'm doing is worthwhile. Here's a short old bio I still have on Soundclick if you feellike reading it: SoundClick artist: Joe Mizzi - page with MP3 music downloads
This is the 4th CD I've done on my own, but I did other stuff too in bands and guesting on albums of other non-famous artists. I wrote the songs for Angels Fall in about a year together with a few others which I left out, because I thought they wouldn't fit in. Can't help but mention how much the guys here have helped me along the way with worthwhile comments and advice! This is also the first CD that was professionally mastered, by ME Jan Ohlhorst, who's also a member here under the name karumba. The gear I use is mostly cheap. Apart from Samplitude, a Neumann mic and an ESP strat which I could describe as "high-end", everything else is low-end, Behringer, DBX, Alesis, Tannoy, Epiphone. You can only improve if you're patient and spend loads of time at it, and that's what I try to do. Drums on Angels Fall are Steven Slate Drums and a bit of Battery here and there, all programmed with a hand and a mouse....:D
Thanx for all the interest you're showing!

Back