Jeff Lynne - ELO 2013 Performance

Smoking in the boy's room, Dreadlock Holiday (awful lyrics except for the chorus after the hippies left), Sunburn - really showed that taste & dignity had been removed - Life is a Minestrone etc etc.

Yep, pretty cool show. I think youtube has a bunch of them available.

After i mentioned the big boys don't cry bit, i did a search to see if that was 10 cc. Turns out that song, I'm Not In Love, it was recorded using layers upon layers of vocal tape loops. The vocal layers were recorded as notes and then during playback performed/recorded by riding the faders. I'm not exactly giving justice with my explanation, lazyness. Anyway, there's a "making of" vid of the process used, only about 20 minutes long. Interesting stuff. I'd post the vid, but it's a pain in the ass on this tablet.

Yep, pretty cool show. I think youtube has a bunch of them available.

After i mentioned the big boys don't cry bit, i did a search to see if that was 10 cc. Turns out that song, I'm Not In Love, it was recorded using layers upon layers of vocal tape loops. The vocal layers were recorded as notes and then during playback performed/recorded by riding the faders. I'm not exactly giving justice with my explanation, lazyness. Anyway, there's a "making of" vid of the process used, only about 20 minutes long. Interesting stuff. I'd post the vid, but it's a pain in the ass on this tablet.
I'm going to have to check that out. I'd totally forgot that show until I saw your post. Funny how the mind works as we age.:D

I have a great Black Sabbath DVD taken from Rock Concert. It wasn't on a lot in Australia but I tried to watch it when I could - taht is when the folks weren't hogging the Telly.
The BBCs In Concert was cool as well.
Pity we didn't get Rock Palast when it was originally aired.
Funny how a band can polarize opinion. There's a lot of context to those opinions as well as taste and a propensity to enjoy a little argy bargy online!

Here's that 10cc The making of I'm Not In Love vid. Some in this here recording site might find it interesting. They replaced the majority of instrumentation with multiple recorded vocal tracks of each note, loops, then played chords using the recorded notes by riding the faders. At under 10 minutes it's short enough....big boys don't cry, or whatever.

Back