Is there any behringer gear that is "good"?

Purge said:
The 4 x 12 cabs are great. Jensen speakers, handles up to 400 watts (not that you would ever need them to... :confused: )...but yeah, 250 bucks was a good deal on the ones I've got.

:cool: the Jensen loaded aren't that bad eventually I replacing them with greenback seems to hold up pretty well for gigging casters was the first replacement

the old denoiser is supposed to be very useful as are the 4 channel headphone amps.

i have the 1U line mixer (8 stereo channels), tho i forget the model number.

i use it as a mixer for my hardware synths and have no complaints.

Quote from...........kid klash
The original Mr. Nice Guy
It's just my hunch, but because Behringer gear is so cost-effective, there are lots of noobies buying it. Being a one-time audio noobie myself, I remember struggling with my first "real" mixer (Teac 2A) and multitrack recorder (Teac A-3440S), and learning that the problems I was having (distortion, odd sounds, poor mixes) had nothing to do with the gear - it was the noobie (me) miss-using the gear. So, I'd guess that many of the bad experiences that get posted about Behringer gear and other lower-cost equipment have a lot to do with the operator... like the old golfer told me many years ago as I was swearing at my five iron after a bad shot, "it's the indian, not the arrow, that missed
the target"...................

well said....you are indeed a very clever and wise person. imho.
Superspit

Behringer Gear

I have been using my Behringer 2442 Mixer for about 7 years, I like it.
Have had no issues since I fixed a bad cable connection from the power supply the day I took it out of the box.

My opinion on Behringer gear is as follows: Decent gear, affordable.

Good luck !

For the price they're pretty good, if they work... I've heard quite a few horror stories though. Fortunately enough, I've always had good luck with them - I own B2031A Truths and Mic100... however, I've noticed that the shielding isn't that great on B2031As so perhaps buying passive version of those monitors is a better idea, if one's in the market for cheap relatively good-sounding monitors.

One thing that's important to notice is that B2031A can give quite good sounding result, if one uses time to configure them to your environment (i have cut the lows by 4db, and put some room compensation in as well). Room compensation eats the excess bassiness out from these things, and they become rather neutral sounding. However, I always check my mixes on some other systems as well just to be on the safe side.

So I guess, my opinion is that Behringer puts some OK stuff out cost-effectively... if one knows how to tweak them, they can be be put to good use. :cool:

chipwits said:
Bob L., owner and Developer of SAWStudio seems to swear by the Behringer ADA8000's. He recorded a band live entirely with Behringer ADA8000's, stage mics and Sawstudio and you can hear some of the MP3's of it here:

http://www.lonbronson.com/

Check out this thread on sawstudio forums about the ADA8000's.
http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3796&page=1

I was gonna get the Lynx Aurora 8 but now I am having second thoughts:
Lynx Aurora 8: $2000
ADA8000 : $250

Hmmm..
James

Try A/B with 8 channels of strings/keyboards/bass betweem the Aurora and the Berri and you'll find out why there is a price difference. It'll get muddy from what the pro's say. Haven't tried it, but that's what I read.

I have only seen one here mention the EP 2500 power amp. I own one and it is EVERY BIT as good as the 700 dollar Crown I also own. I read tons of reviews, and like only one bad unit. Many folks said it is THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK IN ALL OF AUDIO. Right up there with the RNC in bang for the buck. I have compared it side by side with my Crown and I hear NO Difference. It has more options than the crown, and it was 400 dollars cheaper. I also believe it to be the best bang for the buck in audio today.

I also have a 880s stereo box type powered mixer and have been using it for 3 years now. That sucker has been dropped, kicked, equipment fallen on it, stands jammed into it, it's been left on for days at a time, never even a hickup.

The reverb 2496 effects unit is also very nice. Most who hate Behringer are simply hating because they think they should for some reason, even though they have won every case against them.

I have a Vampire 210 guitar amp, and also find it to be the best modeling amp I have had, and I have had the first Flextone from Line 6, the advt 30 from Vox, and now I use a line 6 pod xt on stage. The 210 sounds incredible, and was $249, 50 bucks cheaper than the Line 6 Spider 210, and the Vampire beats it so bad the comparison is actually laughable. Again, the comparison is LAUGHABLE. The Spider 2 gets STOMPED into the ground by the sound and features of the Vampire.

Some of their stuff won't give you high quality sound, but neither will the cheap stuff from any other company either (anyone for the Alesis 3630 compressor?). Behringer gear gives you a chance to have something you need when you don't have a ton of money, and there are some real jewels out there like the EP2500, and many people are buying 3 and 4 of them. I suggest everyone here grab one or two of them and you will have your power amp needs taken care of for years to come. I am ordering another one asap.

The ec8000 mics have great reviews. My friend owns the rev2496 effects box, and I want one of those too. I am sure there are many who have had problems with their Behringer stuff, but I have had problems with many brands when I buy their low end stuff. I also hear that there are many who like the Behringer truth monitor series.

Also, Phildo (highly regarded pro) on the alt.pro.live-sound group highly suggest the Behriner 1520 pro PA speakers as the best bang for the buck in PA speakers. So, my list of fine Behringer gear is this

EP2500 power amp. Every bit as good as my $700 dollar Crown. I want at least three of them and I urge everyone of you to grab one or two.

1520 Pro PA speakers, awesome deal.

ADA8000 adat unit.

EC8000 mics

Rev2496 effects

Vampire 210 smokes the Spider 2 210 for 50 bucks cheaper.

880s 800 watt Box powered mixer. Two effects units instead of one, mine has been a horse for three years.

If you let your bias opinions (just because some pro tells you you should hate Behringer) stop you from using anything behriger, then you are only hurting yourself.

Jeff

I owned the V-amp2, loved it.. excellent stuff, cheap and durable (if you take care of it)... had to sell, ufortunatelly..
Now i have their GM108 amp, it's a 60$, 15 watt practice amp, analog modeling, Tech21 trademark10 copy.. i got it for practicinig and i absoultely love it, it sounds stunning for a cheap little practice amp. I'll buy more behringer gear for sure

I am not sure that you have asked the right question.

"Good" is relative.

You can ask similar "good" questions: is a Honda good? is a Ferrari good?

How do you answer those questions? You can't unless you have some context.

Here we have to define fitness for purpose. If you want reasonable, low-priced gear, then Behringer may be good. If you want top-of-the-range gear, hen you need to consider other options.

I think there are a number of factors to consider: budget, degree of mixing sophistication, desired life span and so on.

hand in glove said:
Hey There Guys,

I'm not the huggest fan of behringer gear, though kinda never really owned any behringer stuff, only ever used and what i have used seems to work ok. Though it provokes a question in my mind.

Is there any behringer gear that is actually really good for what you pay for it?

I've only really otherwise been interested in their headphone amp HA4700 because alot of my university mates have one and they say its good for its purpose, but anything to do with the signal is to be avoided where possible.

So yeah, any guys here have 0.02 cents to spare on behringer gear, ie. EQ, Compressors, etc... that is actually worth what they paid for?
OR
Is it simply a just a terd on the sidewalk?

My wife likes Beringer wine!

chessrock said:
Look, buddy. Just because you have a piece of B gear that you, personally, did not find to be a big, fat distasteful pile of shit ... does not mean that said product is not, in fact, a horrible disgusting angry pile of smelly shit to a thousand other people.

What about all the other innocent people who bought those gawd-awful offensive mixers, only to have them break down the second they plugged them in?

Toss that piece of crap in the garbage and get something decent. Same goes to you, Tragik, and whatever that offensive junk is that you were just championing.

Sorry man, but I have had pretty good success with a LOT of Behringer gear. In fact, out of the about 40 different units that I have owner/used on a regular basis, none of them had any major breakdowns. The sound company I work for has had Composer Pros installed in the FOH racks for years with no problems! The gates have worked flawlessly.

I would say that 98% of their gear works just fine. It just so happens that people that have problems with gear speak up on BBS's about it. For every 1 person who has a problem with Behringer gear breaking down, there are at least 50 others who have had NO problems.

Get over yourself.

I know, Fordvan.

I was just kidding. I actually like some of Behringer's stuff.

Use their headphone amp all the time. Think it's great. I use one along with a little Eurorack mixer for headphone mixes. Have a pair of Truth Monitors I use as a second set along with a pair of Event 20/20s. They're not the greatest, but it's easy to learn to mix / translate on them, and I find them less fatiguing than a lot of others. As far as cheap compressors go, I've heard a lot worse than the composer, and I've heard really good things about their REV2496.

One nice thing about Behringer gear that I've noticed ... it all seems to have pretty good connectivity. Most all of their stuff has balanced XLR along with TRS or unbalanced TS inputs and outputs. I suppose that could be considered a postitive. My only complaint is that, well, a lot of their stuff is just cheap junk, and it isn't hard to find better for the price in most instances. :D But I don't think their entire product line is a total waste.

i have a patch bay. It does the job. But you cant really screw up a patch bay.

I would'nt buy anything for signal processing

PX3000 patchbay (the balanced one with the switchs)
MINIMON matrix monitor controller
HA4700 4 channel headphone amp
UB802 mixer

I have three of the four left, the UB802 was "replaced" by a VTB-1, I know $40 mixer vs a $90 one channel preamp, but to my ears there was a world of difference. So the UB802 went on ebay, I lost like $2 on the deal, between buying it new at fullcompass and selling it on ebay, and that was after taxes and shipping. So a $2 rental unit for the month and a half that I had it, not bad.

The headphone amp is what it is, whish I could get something nicer sounding, but I keep telling myself its only for tracking anyways.

The MINIMON is a copy of a samson unit for a thrid of the price $100 vs $33, I ran my main outs to a passive switcher and to the minimon, with the switcher switching between the two, I couldn't hear a difference, I am sure the mackie big knob or presonus central station would be more transparent but at 10 times the cost I will live with my little berry monitor switcher, volume control, talk back mic, extra headphone amp etc.

And finally the PX3000 patchbay, I got it new for $40 at fullcompass, how fullcompass and behringer make money on the thing I don't know, 96 1/4" jacks (48 front, 48 rear), 24 three way switchs, the chasis, and the 24 ?PCBs? or whatever they use in there....I doubt it would live upto patching and unpatching stuff 20 times a day, but I put in a different patch once or twice a week, I hope it lives up to that for the next 7-10 years.

hand in glove said:
Anywho, what about their D.I.? The ULTRA-DI DI00?
D.I100
I've see those kicking around pretty much everywhere, any good?
I fucking hate those evil little boxes - the way the pad switches are arranged means they're invariably pressed in when you're setting up and that some nerk invariably releases them at some point during the gig - BINGO! huge, sudden nois and heart attacks for the front five rows.

Back