Is it clipping? How to fix it without redoing everything?

High frequencies should be recorded lower and low frequencies higher????!!!! Where did you come up with that?

Don't even bother with him. He's kind of the Village idiot. His posts are always completely in-coherent and non-sensical. He comes by every couple of weeks, leaves a bunch of drive-by non-sense, and then disappears while everyone comments on how assinine his posts are. It's as predictable as clock work.

Don't even bother with him. He's kind of the Village idiot. His posts are always completely in-coherent and non-sensical. He comes by every couple of weeks, leaves a bunch of drive-by non-sense, and then disappears while everyone comments on how assinine his posts are. It's as predictable as clock work.

This ^^^^^^^^^

Clipping should result in some distortion or breakup of the signal. I really don't hear that here enough to worry about it. Add a little reverb to smooth it out. Your signal is way too hot. High frequencies should be recorded lower and low frequencies higher. Try to work that out by recording the highest and loudest first and hecking your wave form and your signal output in the headphones. Watch your input level light to see if you're going into the red. An occasional yellow is ok.
good Luck,
Rod Norman
Engineer

Dood, please stop. This is completely nonsensical and doing no good for anyone.

I have heard some things from you that made no sense, and this one is creamy with bad/inaccurate advice.

Please stop.

Rod Norman is a terrible poster. All of his posts are ridiculous and rarely, if ever, provide any useful information or actual insight.

You're recording too hot. Back off a bit on the pre-record trim, or lower the volume on your main mix (I can see clipping there, too) .
I rush through the recording yesterday hoping that I could finish it by yesterday.
But when I do the mixing today, I discover that there are some clippings in the climax part of the harmonica audio.

How do I fix it without recording everything? I have tried to re-recording the clipping section only but it results in an imbalance of volume between the introduction part and climax part of the music.

Can I just tune the voice of everything down to prevent clipping?

I am new to Albeton 9 lite, I have attached mp3 and the screen shot in which the clippings occur.

Does the attached sound any better?

I have used the clip repair tool in Sony SF pro demo.

I think it is better but the lugs are pretty poorly these days.

Dave.

Attachments

• clipped flute vip.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Back