Improve this rack a lil

given that there's something like a $900 difference between a new distressor (sans brit mod) and a used vc1q and that you've heard the distressor, but not the meek, i'd think this has to be all your decision here. sorry for cop-out answer, but for this kinda purchase, i'd think you wouldn't want to blame it on some random poster if it doesn't work out (maybe i'm wrong :) ). also each would probably hold its value pretty well if you got it and didn't dig it.

Well, I just got a VC1Q in and messed around with it on vocals, guitar (clean and distorted), and bass. I compared it with my 737, and GR ME-1NV/RNC combo.
On guitar, the Meek sounded less in your face than the GR, and less bright than the 737. A different sound from both of them, but not really maknig me want to keep it.
On DI bass with fast compression for effect, the Meek vs the GR/RNC really were pretty similar (to ME), and I A/B'd them for a looong time. There is not ENOUGH of a difference for me to really want to hang on to the Meek. Maybe I'm crazy huh.

Anyway, the search continues. I think I might go ahead and get a used distressor (w or w/o brit mod). I figure it's at LEASE as useful or more than the Meek's compressor.

And after spending several hours A/B/C'ing the 3 units, I really DO see why people dog the 737's compressor. The Meek and RNC were both alot better at keeping the bass at a constant level. The 737 was loosey goosey.

OK. Maybe I oughts look at decent effects too.

...and then there's the T3.....

have you thought about the rnla? also some people dig the summit tla-50. i might try to pick one of those up at some point.
i got my meek vc brick (the original short run w/ the sc2 transformer), but haven't gotten a chance to really work with it yet...

Back