I'm ready for some football.

Belichick will slow down the Falcon offense just enough to win and cover the 3 pts. 35 - 28 Pats.

Good call, man.

The game turned out alright after all. The halftime show was uninspiring and I'm sticking to that one. Doesn't anyone play an instrument at a live concert anymore?

Somewhere in this thread I called the Pats winning it all this year. Too lazy to find it though....I remember saying something about Brady and Goodells wife tho lol.

Good call, man.

Ask me how confident I was about that call mid-way thru the 3rd quarter. Lol. :)

The Giants knocked Brady around pretty good in their 2 superbowls and completely took him out of his game. Interesting that the Falcons took it to him pretty good early, but this time he didn't lose his composure - even when his receivers started dropping balls on him. I'm still a Joe Montana guy, but Brady is certainly in the conversation for greatest ever.

I'm still a Joe Montana guy, but Brady is certainly in the conversation for greatest ever.

What!?!

Dude, the debate is over. Brady has won 5 SBs and been MVP of 4 of them (Montana has an impressive 3). Montana is an all-time great but Steve Young stepped into that team and accomplished basically the same thing.

If you look at career accomplishments, Brady stands above Montana in every category except completion percentage (I compare relative to era, and don't compare stats from the 1980s to now because yard, TDs, scoring in general is higher now).

Brady is the greatest QB ever, best football player ever, and at this point he is chasing Michael Jordan for greatest athlete.

Last edited:
Interesting that the Falcons took it to him pretty good early, but this time he didn't lose his composure - even when his receivers started dropping balls on him.

Those dropped balls were Brady's fault. He was throwing them behind Edelman on the slant route. Overthrew the wideouts...

I can kinda picture the halftime locker room conversation with Belicheck:

He hands Brady something. "Tom, here's your game face... put it on."

Did you notice the one catch Edelman made where he kept it from touching the ground? Looked to me like it bounced off an Altanta defender's knee right into Edelman's hands. Pretty amazing and a little bit of luck.

Brady is the greatest QB ever, best football player ever, and at this point he is chasing Michael Jordan for greatest athlete.

IMO Brady is now in the conversation with Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Muhammed Ali, Babe Ruth and Serena Williams/Pele (if you want to count women's sports).

Last edited:
He's an awesome QB, but I'm starting to not like the "greatest" label. I think "most accomplished" is more appropriate, but he's definitely one of the greats.

He's still not near MJ tho lol

What!?!

I can't really agree. He is definitely great, but it's a team sport with eleven on a side. Brady get's highlights, but not amazing play highlights.

I would be more likely to say Belichick is maybe the best football coach ever and I would directly compare Belichick/Brady to Lombardi/Starr.

I'm a Pats fan and am starting to find the greatest ever conversation boring.Who cares?
Montana was flawless in SBs, and only played 13 seasons.They're both great, and both benefited from great teams with great coaches.
Having said that, Brady was amazing in the 4th qtr. Some of his passes were borderline careless, but he was threading needles.

I can't really agree. He is definitely great, but it's a team sport with eleven on a side. Brady get's highlights, but not amazing play highlights.

No doubt football is a team sport and QBs do get too much credit and too much blame for team accomplishments. But Brady had a helluva lot to do with this one. Who is even around him on offense? I've barely heard of any of these guys. Hogan? Amendola? Edelman? Bennet? No Gronk. -Not exactly a team of killers but they all have chemistry because yes the system is excellent but Brady is also a common denominator.

I would be more likely to say Belichick is maybe the best football coach ever and I would directly compare Belichick/Brady to Lombardi/Starr.

Belichek might be the best but Lombardi had 5 championships too and he did did it in a shorter period of time. I guess you could say it was a smaller league back then and therefore championships were easier to come by.

I don't think Bart Starr compares to Brady very well. Never lead the league in TDs or yards.

Dude, the debate is over. Brady has won 5 SBs and been MVP of 4 of them (Montana has an impressive 3). Montana is an all-time great but Steve Young stepped into that team and accomplished basically the same thing.

If you look at career accomplishments, Brady stands above Montana in every category except completion percentage (I compare relative to era, and don't compare stats from the 1980s to now because yard, TDs, scoring in general is higher now).

If you want to outright dismiss Montana from the conversation, you're just not paying attention. Let's start with the fact he won 4 superbowls, not 3. And he is 4-0, not 5-2. Never threw an interception in a superbowl, and won the mvp 3 times. Plus was more mobile than Brady. And to be honest, the Giants made Tom Terrific look pretty ordinary... twice!

I'm not knocking Brady. As I said, he is certainly in the conversation for greatest ever. But to say he's hands down over Montana is just silly. I use the eyes test, and to my eyes, Montana was the best I've ever seen.

If you want to outright dismiss Montana from the conversation, you're just not paying attention. Let's start with the fact he won 4 superbowls, not 3. And he is 4-0, not 5-2. Never threw an interception in a superbowl, and won the mvp 3 times. Plus was more mobile than Brady. And to be honest, the Giants made Tom Terrific look pretty ordinary... twice!

I think Montana was in the discussion right up until this week, and even prior to it I would have given Brady a slight edge. But this SB comeback performance/playoff run clearly puts Brady over the top IMO. One for the thumb is a big deal.

Reaching the SB and losing is NOT a knock against a QB. Montana would have loved to have reached more SBs. If you want to knock Brady for losing two SBs, then it is also fair to knock Montana for not making it to more SBs. In fact Brady has a better winning percentage in the postseason than Montana (Montana is 16-7 - 69.5%, Brady is 25-9 - 73.5%). In most cases I would frown upon attributing team success to QBs, but in this case both QBs had excellent coaches and excellent teams around them (dynasties) and so in this one particular comparison I think it's more apples to apples than most.

Longevity is a virtue in professional sports and Joe Montana didn't have it (and this is not an era thing either - there were QBs before and during Montana's time who were able to maintain a prime level of play longer than he did). Brady is almost 40 and still arguably the best QB in the league, and definitely top 5. Montana was making underwear commercials at this point in his career.

Last edited:
Well they sure put the SUPER back in that bowl game.... Damn fine entertainment (BTW I enjoyed the half time entertainment :p). And yes in accomplishing what "They" accomplished with Brady at the helm, Brady goes down in history as one hell of record breaking, game winning QB and with no need to debate, the most accomplished in the game ever... There I got through it without saying he is the greatest..( But he is :D ) Pretty fun evening. I went in rooting for the Falcons as I have no skin in the game either way and sat in awe that last quarter...amazingly cool comeback win.

What might elevate Brady/Bellichick (I don't believe you can separate the 2) is stats additional to SBs.14 division titles in 15 seasons(that's the number Brady has actually played)11 conference championships appearances.Pretty crazy level of dominance, compared to their contemporaries. There's been a few teams that have been able to knock them down, but no single team that can do it consistently.

That's a fair point, but Johnny Unitas is always regarded as the better QB as far as I've seen. He also was named league MVP 3 times to Starr's 1.

Just like some people may say Aaron Rodgers is better than Brady, but Brady has Five rings. I think my coach/QB combo comparison holds up very well. Belichick may have taken longer to get five titles, but he did it ion the era of free agency and parity.

Back