I'm ready for some football.

:D

I thought the whole thing was handled dumb last year.
Regardless of who was/is right/wrong about deflate gate...there was NO reason to turn to a court for decisions.
Per their agreement, the NFL Commissioner has the right to suspend purely on his belief that someone did something wrong.
That's what they all agreed to...so why then turn to a court for the decision...?

Sure...the players can work toward a new agreement, but that's a different story.

Except Goodell has a track record of getting things very wrong. If I were a player I'd fight his bitch ass on everything too.

I like the Skins getting Norman. It gets him out of the NFC South and the Panthers just got worse. That's good for me and my Saints. It's good for the rest of us because we get to see him play ODell twice a season now. Maybe they'll stab each other next time.

Speaking of Odell Beckham Jr....he just bought my sister's house for his dad. It's a crazy coincidence considering she lives in a nondescript suburban Texas neighborhood, he lives in NYC, we're all from Louisiana, and my whole family is LSU alum and lifers. I can say with authority that us LSU people knew all about Odell's crazy catches way before the rest of the world did. We've been watching him do it for years.

The terrible part is my dumb sis got nothing out of it....besides selling her house. I was like "come on, drop the price and get us lifelong LSU tickets or something". She didn't even try. :facepalm::spank:

Except Goodell has a track record of getting things very wrong. If I were a player I'd fight his bitch ass on everything too.

Yeah...but I'm just saying that from an *agreement* perspective...there was/is no need to involve the courts, otherwise, it opens up a can of worms, where every player dispute will end up in court...regardless of who the commissioner is.

They need to get a new agreement...and then get a new commissioner if they don't like his rulings. :)

They need to get a new agreement...

This is what they need, and they know it, so players try everything they can to get around it. The problem is their union leadership SUCKS at negotiating with the NFL. Every CBA seems to get worse and worse for them.

Speaking of Odell Beckham Jr....he just bought my sister's house for his dad. It's a crazy coincidence considering she lives in a nondescript suburban Texas neighborhood, he lives in NYC, we're all from Louisiana, and my whole family is LSU alum and lifers. I can say with authority that us LSU people knew all about Odell's crazy catches way before the rest of the world did. We've been watching him do it for years.

The terrible part is my dumb sis got nothing out of it....besides selling her house. I was like "come on, drop the price and get us lifelong LSU tickets or something". She didn't even try. :facepalm::spank:

Dude that's pretty awesome. I guess they never got to meet face-to-face then huh?

This is what they need, and they know it, so players try everything they can to get around it. The problem is their union leadership SUCKS at negotiating with the NFL. Every CBA seems to get worse and worse for them.

Yes well a bunch of colluding billionaires tend to drive kind of a hard bargain lol

I like the Skins getting Norman. It's good for the rest of us because we get to see him play ODell twice a season now. Maybe they'll stab each other next time.

I never thought about it that way. It'll be the NFL version of watching NASCAR for the crashes, that ought to sell some tickets.

I think Brady should take the court battle as far as he can.
I really don't care if he does serve a suspension, The Pat's could probably pull of a couple wins out of those 4 games...I just think Goodell should be fought as hard as possible, whenever possible. I don't give a fuck what the cba says. Goodell is a gigantic, flaming piece of shit.

As a lifelong Hokie fan, couldn't be happier seeing Fuller get picked by the Skins. As a lifelong Skins fan, couldn't be happier seeing them take him in the 3rd round. Once he heals up, that's basically getting a top 15 pick in the 3rd round :D

As a lifelong Hokie fan, couldn't be happier seeing Fuller get picked by the Skins. As a lifelong Skins fan, couldn't be happier seeing them take him in the 3rd round. Once he heals up, that's basically getting a top 15 pick in the 3rd round :D

Don't you love it when your college players go to your favorite NFL team?

I'm always happy to see LSU guys go to my Saints.

I like my Saints draft so far. That safety they got in the 2nd round should be a stud....and as anyone that watches football knows, my Saints need a lot of help on D.

And WTF Ohio State! I think 10 guys from OSU have been drafted already? Impressive.

Don't you love it when your college players go to your favorite NFL team?

I'm always happy to see LSU guys go to my Saints.

I like my Saints draft so far. That safety they got in the 2nd round should be a stud....and as anyone that watches football knows, my Saints need a lot of help on D.

And WTF Ohio State! I think 10 guys from OSU have been drafted already? Impressive.

Speaking of LSU guys, it was funny to see Kevin Faulk walk out there next to Gene Vincent in a Tom Brady jersey! :D

Back