I'm ready for some football.

So, it was 5 million bucks for a commercial spot during the game...
How much do you think Budweiser paid Peyton to say he was going to go drink a bunch of Budweiser beer after he hugged his family...twice?

It had to be the best commercial spot available right?

They didn't pay him anything, technically. He owns a significant piece of their distribution in Louisiana. It was pure self interest.

But two years ago when Manning and the broncos got killed in Superbowl 48 Manning manned up and sat and answered all the questions like a man.

In 2010 when Manning lost the SB, he ran off the field as soon as the clock hit zero and the media was tripping over each other to defend him.

superbowl 48 was in 2014 .... not 2010 ....and that's the game I referenced ....

Yes .... he bolted in 2010 but in 2014 after getting hammered by the Seahawks he sat with the media ...

and I've said a couple of times I'm NOT a Can hater ...... I like him.
But he was a wussy boy after this game.

Last edited:
superbowl 48 was in 2014 .... not 2010 ....and that's the game I referenced ....

Yes .... he bolted in 2010 but in 2014 after getting hammered by the Seahawks he sat with the media ...

and I've said a couple of times I'm NOT a Can hater ...... I like him.
But he was a wussy boy after this game.

The bigger problem was that he was a wussy boy during the game! :D

Newton has responded to the media about his actions: "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." lol take from that what you will...

Brady and Manning are both class acts. They've been there, done that and have a few years on 'em. Newton will grow with the process.

Newton will grow with the process.

That's what I think too. He's just a punk kid now at 26 and little maturity. He was thrown into the world's spotlight and got arrogant about it. Eventually, he'll grow up and not glower like a baby when he loses.

Look at Michael Irvine. He was such an arrogant ass in the 90s and now he's all preachy about the way Newton behaves.

Cam Newton is like the Lebron James of football, if just a bit less talented. He'll probably be a man-baby his whole life unfortunately.

With national signing day and other such media circus acts, football can be streched out almost the entire year.

Can't wait until august/september.

Great retirement speech from Peyton Manning. I've never been a fan of that guy, but he went out like a boss. That's how you do it. Class, professionalism, respect for the game and his teammates...football just got a little bit worse with him leaving even though he can't play anymore anyway. Pathetic fuckers like scam newton have a lot of work to do to be even halfway as great as Peyton Manning.

Great retirement speech from Peyton Manning. I've never been a fan of that guy, but he went out like a boss. That's how you do it. Class, professionalism, respect for the game and his teammates...football just got a little bit worse with him leaving even though he can't play anymore anyway. Pathetic fuckers like scam newton have a lot of work to do to be even halfway as great as Peyton Manning.

Cam isn't pathetic, or a scam. He's just young and needs time and practice to become a truly great player. (And also to become a level headed adult...)

Back