I'm ready for some football.

Okay Les Miles, time to say goodbye. I gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but you're inability to adapt and develop any kind of passing game has gone far too long now. How you've managed to lure 5-star receiver recruits to LSU all these years is a mystery to me, but we're wasting these guys by not having anyone to throw to them. You had a good run, possibly the best coaching run LSU has ever seen, but it's time to part ways.

you will note, of course, that this means Uncle Bob is right again!!

:D

I've NEVER felt he was a championship level coach and he's not.

I am surprised, however, that according to the Advocate his days are numbered. Typically LSU doesn't even fire losing coaches so for them to be talking about firing one with a .774 percent winning percentage is a shocker to me and I'll believe it when I see it.

you will note, of course, that this means Uncle Bob is right again!!

:D

I've NEVER felt he was a championship level coach and he's not.

I am surprised, however, that according to the Advocate his days are numbered. Typically LSU doesn't even fire losing coaches so for them to be talking about firing one with a .774 percent winning percentage is a shocker to me and I'll believe it when I see it.

That's why I never got on board the earlier "Fire Les" train. His overall stats are very very good. Statistically his numbers are the best LSU has ever had. We've had years of prosperity under Les that we didn't ever have with anyone else. So it's an odd situation for sure. I think it's unfair to compare him to Saban. No one else is a Saban. But Miles doesn't adapt, and the league is changing. We need to pass and and have balance.

But the eyeball test doesn't lie. Since that devastating champ game shutout at the hands of Bama, LSU has not been good. I said earlier in this thread that while we were winning early, and Fournette was trucking people, we still looked like a pretender. We had weaknesses everywhere. And with the emergence of very high quality offensive and defensive LSU alum taking over the NFL, the question has become "How did LSU ever lose a game?" The answer - Miles can recruit, but he can't coach em up.

Yeah, Miles has always had some strange offenses run by some mediocre QBs as far as I can remember. Always seemed weird to me that LSU couldn't get a high quality QB in there to go along with those great receivers and RBs they had.

Yeah, Miles has always had some strange offenses run by some mediocre QBs as far as I can remember. Always seemed weird to me that LSU couldn't get a high quality QB in there to go along with those great receivers and RBs they had.

Louisiana doesn't breed QBs. Great football state for every other position, but stud QBs generally don't come from La. LSU often has to go out of state to find a good QB, then they get to LSU, see Miles offense, and transfer away. It's happened many times the past 10 years.

- Miles can recruit, but he can't coach em up.
I think that sums it up really.

As for me never liking Miles : I find it difficult to articulate because it is true that he gave us a winning program throughout his tenure.
For that matter this is a winning season too.
But he just never looked like a good coach to me.
And some of those games he won with bizarre play-calling getting the name "Mad Hatter" were absolutely stupid calls that other coaches wouldn't make because they were bad decisions that he was simply lucky on.

And the games he would lose every year were pretty much games that should not have been lost
And often they'd be lost in weird ways .... usually a sign of bad coaching.
I think the only reason he did as good as he did is that LSU is a program that attracts talent (except QBs apparently ) and with that talent came enough wins to be a very winning coach.
But he ( or rather his teams ) often choked at the worst time.
And penalties have often been an issue for his teams and that's another sign of poor coaching.
He gets a 15 million dollar buyout if they fire him now and 12.8 million if they fire him after Dec. 17th so no one should waste any sympathy on Miles.
I'd LOVE to get that kind of fired!

Yeah me too. A coach gets hired knowing he will one day be fired....and paid to leave. I have no sympathy for Miles.

My worry is that we need to be careful what we wish for. Things have been more good than bad under Miles, and I'd hate to fire him and we sink back into the 90s. Those were BAD years. As goofy and questionable as the Miles era has been...we won a championship and we're in a bowl every year. We're on TV every saturday. Tiger Stadium now holds over 100,000 people. Kids really want to play at LSU. All that happened under Miles watch. So LSU better have a true bad ass in mind to replace him. We need someone that can at least keep the momentum.

I don't worry too much about not beating Bama all the time because no one beats Bama all the time. Historically, LSU has never been in the position they are now, so this recent prosperity is great but maybe some people have been a little spoiled. Saban started it, Miles actually made it flourish, now someone needs to keep it going and improve it further.

I also don't want to become Baylor. SEC football is strong defense, pound the ball, and an adequate passing game. Balance. I don't want some new-school fucker to come in and try to rewrite the rules on how to play SEC football, because we will lose every week if we try to be Baylor. We only need to look east to see how to be a bad ass. Our own nemesis Bama holds the blueprint. Bama is in no way more talented than LSU. They are coached much better. I'd even say no team is more talented than LSU. Lots of teams are coached better.

My worry is that we need to be careful what we wish for.
yep ...... LSU has a history of hiring BAD coaches. Tes, we hired Saban and Miles I guess .... but good lord , otherwise we have hired some awful coaches.
Hope they find a good one.

yep ...... LSU has a history of hiring BAD coaches. Tes, we hired Saban and Miles I guess .... but good lord , otherwise we have hired some awful coaches.
Hope they find a good one.

LSU is an attractive destination for any coach. Top notch facilities, wealthy boosters, top-tier member of the best conference, a rabid fanbase, huge stadium...inarguably the greatest home field advantage in all of college football. I don't care what anyone says - nothing compares to Tiger Stadium on a saturday night. The recruiting ground is as ripe as there is in the USA. The resources for success are virtually endless. Any coach should want the job. LSU just needs to pick the right guy...and he needs to pick the right assistants. Saban and Miles were both obviously good hires. With success comes the vultures. Their assistants were picked away for bigger jobs. It's understandable. There comes a point when it's tough to keep reloading instead of having to rebuild.

Had a former LSU running back play lights out for the Chiefs today. Spencer Ware had 96 yards on 11 carries. Not bad for our #4 RB.

No fucking thanks.

lol... I give him one more year here. By then, he should have a team loaded with mostly his picks. Hopefully, he'll do better than .500. If not, the momentum isn't going his way and they should look to move on. And also, I doubt he would leave on his own.

I will gladly accept him at Virginia Tech, but idk if we can pull off a salary of 4.3 million. But that's like almost twice as much as we were paying Beamer lol.

Back