If you had to get just one mic....

C414, my dream mic ! T.T

If it drops to that price range, mmmMMmmm..... or ebay'd ;)

Buuut, CAD M9 would be my choice. Cheaper than $400, then I can get myself a compressor or a nice preamp. Or both o_O

Buuut, CAD M9 would be my choice. Cheaper than $400, then I can get myself a compressor or a nice preamp. Or both o_O

I like the M9 as well. I'd probably combine it with a pair of Naiant omnis for piano and an inexpensive (but serviceable) multichannel preamp (e.g. the Peavey PV6). If you buy the M9 used, you can probably pull off the whole package for $400.

ive been reading reviews on the AT 4050, and i was wondering, have any of you guys found that the AT4050 is to bright for female vocals? Have you ever tried it. it has a boost in the upper mids (around 5 khz) and i was wondering if that would just sound too brittle on female vocals. or maybe it is just enough to get the vocal to stand on top but not to brittly. what do you guys think honestly?

ive been reading reviews on the AT 4050, and i was wondering, have any of you guys found that the AT4050 is to bright for female vocals? Have you ever tried it. it has a boost in the upper mids (around 5 khz) and i was wondering if that would just sound too brittle on female vocals. or maybe it is just enough to get the vocal to stand on top but not to brittly. what do you guys think honestly?

I think it is fine for female vocals, although my SM7 keeps getting selected instead.

alright. thanks alot guys. but what about if were talking specifically about a large diaphram condenser. then what one? Still leaning towards the AT4050?

Back