If i buy a cd burner for the korg d12

mossburn

If i buy a cd burner for the korg d12 would i stilll need a computer to get my instrumentals in the korg d12??

Uhhhhmmmmm,,,,Double HUH?

Korg D12 is a digital recorder with a built-in CD burner.

So, you record your "instruments," mix down to a stereo two track, and then burn your CD all in one box or SIAB.

Check out the D12 on the net.

Green Hornet :cool:

That reply was close to 16 years ago. The poster hasn't contributed here since before the UK left the EU !!

From what I can find, the CDRW for the Korg is a Panasonic UJDA340.

jypcng95jwnvf9dgnjr9.jpg

It was a common drive, also used in the Boss recorders, along with a bunch of laptops (HP, IBM, Dell, etc). I have a Yamaha AW16G that has the UJDA360 drive, same connector. I replaced mine in 2009 and they were about $20 then. You might talk to a computer place and see if they have any old spare UJDA340 or similar CDRW drives. The problem might be that each company used their particular faceplate. You might be able to use it without a faceplate. There may be some special mounting parts as well.

I saw two genuine Korg units on Reverb.com, but they were $200 each.

C'mon, Pap. Vintage is all the rage these days. :D

The OP may have some irreplaceable recordings on there that he wants to retrieve. I did a similar thing with my old Yamaha AW16G, pulling recordings I made a dozen years or more ago.

Can I ask where you managed to find a CD burner for the D12, Im getting nowhere!!!
With the help of a techy friend I managed to buy a compatible CDRW, it's a little loose in the slot but the unit recognises it so far so good.

From what I can find, the CDRW for the Korg is a Panasonic UJDA340.

jypcng95jwnvf9dgnjr9.jpg

It was a common drive, also used in the Boss recorders, along with a bunch of laptops (HP, IBM, Dell, etc). I have a Yamaha AW16G that has the UJDA360 drive, same connector. I replaced mine in 2009 and they were about $20 then. You might talk to a computer place and see if they have any old spare UJDA340 or similar CDRW drives. The problem might be that each company used their particular faceplate. You might be able to use it without a faceplate. There may be some special mounting parts as well.

I saw two genuine Korg units on Reverb.com, but they were $200 each.
Yes this is what I bought on eBay for less than £10 and it's compatible. It's more about the connection as the Korg uses a PATA not an ide or data connector.

Back