I really fucking hate this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally hear what you guys are saying: You don't think other people should be allowed to shoot a lion in Zimbabwe.

Well, you can shoot a lion in Zimbabwe. Also:

• Dude is not going to be extradited to Zimbabwe.
  • Nobody here is going on vacation in Zimbabwe, probably ever.
  • Not one congressman will receive a single constituent complaint from any of you over this issue.
  • Not one person ITT is going to move to Zimbabwe to become an animal-rights activist.

I totally hear what you guys are saying: You don't think other people should be allowed to shoot a lion in Zimbabwe.

Well, you can shoot a lion in Zimbabwe. Also:

• Dude is not going to be extradited to Zimbabwe.
  • Nobody here is going on vacation in Zimbabwe, probably ever.
  • Not one congressman will receive a single constituent complaint from any of you over this issue.
  • Not one person ITT is going to move to Zimbabwe to become an animal-rights activist.

So what? That's like the tired ass logic of "if you don't vote you can't complain!"

I just love Internet rage and the public shaming that its spawned. No judge. No jury. Just a bunch of medieval loons ready to cast the first stone. And no, I am not calling anyone here in specific a loon. I'm referring to the wider community beyond the walls of the hr.com empire.

Also, kudos to the press who on mass have made this a wall to wall topic while other far more important news stories get silenced.

Cheers! :)

Lol @ people that think news only happens one story at a time.

The number one radio station in Toronto is 640AM, an all news and talk/debate station. They dedicated close to 80% of their air time today to this topic and not one Canadian is involved in this story! :laughings:

I can only imagine how much coverage this story got on US talk/news media outlets.

The number one radio station in Toronto is 640AM, an all news and talk/debate station. They dedicated close to 80% of their air time today to this topic and not one Canadian is involved in this story! :laughings:

I can only imagine how much coverage this story got on US talk/news media outlets.

Lol @ news radio.

Mine like that was dove hunting. Just a dumb little bird. I was 12 maybe? 13. I was dove hunting, clipped one in the wing. He didn't die. I had to finish him. I didn't like it. I've not hunted since.

I had a bird that set up nest in the awning over my deck. The bird annoyed me every morning about 30 minutes before I wanted to get up. I shot/killed the dood with a bb gun.

A week later the babies started falling out of the nest... :(

I realized it wasn't a dood, but a mother of a family of birds. A tear fell from my eye and I threw away the gun.

My first and last hunting experience...

So what? That's like the tired ass logic of "if you don't vote you can't complain!"

There's no logic to it at all, really - it's not an if/then type of thing. Just a useful tool for evaluating our effectiveness at combating the serious issue of lion murder in Zimbabwe, which I know is a serious issue for many here because it comes up a lot.

:)

There's no logic to it at all, really - it's not an if/then type of thing. Just a useful tool for evaluating our effectiveness at combating the serious issue of lion murder in Zimbabwe, which I know is a serious issue for many here because it comes up a lot.

:)

It's about the only thing that's happened lately that got me to give a shit, so it must be super important.

A little lesson in modern media.

Gone are the days when a radio station can decide to splash a story and cause people to all be talking about it the next day.

Now, instead, the dreaded social media sets the agenda and radio/TV follow. I can guarantee that 640AM saw the way the lion story was trending on Twitter and Facebook and jumped on the bandwagon. They didn't set the agenda, they just went with the flow.

If you have another story you want them to cover, just send a few million Tweets and you'll get there!

For the record, I heard about the lion being shot on Facebook several hours before it turned up on any "conventional media"...and I'm a news junky.

Plutarch said:
Caesar [Augustus] once, seeing some wealthy strangers at Rome, carrying up and down with them in their arms and bosoms young puppy-dogs and monkeys, embracing and making much of them, took occasion not unnaturally to ask whether the women in their country were not used to bear children; by that prince-like reprimand gravely reflecting upon persons who spend and lavish upon brute beasts that affection and kindness which nature has implanted in us to be bestowed on those of our own kind.

>>>

Caeser was a vicious brutal man so who gives a fuck what stupid shit he might have said? prolly immediately after saying that he had some widows killed.

No one can decide what is to be important to another person. It wouldn't bother me if that dentist got extradited and died in a Zimbabwe prison. It won't happen of course but if it did I'd laugh about it.
And all the "OOh, how outrageous .... human life is sacred" reactions affect me not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back