I need professional help ...aka "The Dead Mixer Conundrum"

At this point I would suggest you get an ASUS i7 Sandy Bridge laptop with an 8 channel converter. You can do on site recording and multitrack recording Get Adobe audition or Pro tools. We're talking about $2000 but you will be much more up to speed. Good Luck, Rod Norman

If I may ask....What do I need 8 channels, new software and a new laptop for?????

No band here (just myself) so, this setup is just fine for my needs.

At this point, I am well engulfed into option #2. Getting some help on another, more electronics oriented forum, building a discrete linear PSU.

OK.....Here is what I have worked out. It virtually mirrors the PSU for a Soundcraft Folio. Linear design and pretty easy to build on stripboard.

Thoughts????

MIXER PSU v1.5 Schematic.pngMIXER PSU v1.5.jpg

If I may?

Res' caps look a bit mean? 2,200mfd I would fit.

50v 2 A bridge? It already has 56V peak on it and mains +10% gives you 62V peak. The things are cheap as chips, go 200V 5A min.

Good noise filtering with C4 etc but then you need a diode protector across R4 and the other equivalent Rs.

Never used a 317HV but the TL783C is made for that job and is said to be virtually bombproof. (ref D. Self: Small Signal Audio Design)

Dave.

Yep. Epic fail. I was looking at it from the 20v rectified (28vdc) aspect.
TBH the things are so reliable that it would probably be fine but as I say, they are so cheap might as well over engineer it.

"We" use a 1200V 25A bridge in a 200W amp when the input volts are only ~540V and the current pull only one amp!

Dave.

Back