I Make Cables for you!

jkokura

Due to popular demand...my cabling price list! (prices in metres...1 metre = approx 3 feet)

email orders to jacobkokura@yahoo.com - payment with cert. check, money order or paypal. Buyer pays all shipping, and add 3% if using Paypal

All instrument cabling digiflex, all mic cabling Canare starquad - ask if you want something else and I'll try to get you a quote on it! Though all prices are for american Neutrik ends, I can use either the cheaper chinese or more expensive american neutrik ends for instrument cables. I only use American Neutrik XLR ends. Also, if you want an unlisted size or TRS cables, email me for a price.

Iinstrument:
pedal connectors angle to angle = $12
(custom size straight to straight = $10
- up to 1m) straight to angle = $11

2m straight to straight = $14
straight to angle = $15
angle to angle = $16

3m straight to straight = $16
straight to angle = $17
angle to angle = $18

5m straight to straight = $20
straight to angle = $21
angle to angle = $22

XLR:
1m male to male = $14
male to female = $15
female to female = $16

3m male to male = $21
male to female = $22
female to female = $23

5m male to male = $29
male to female = $30
female to female = $31

10m male to male = $48
male to female = $50
female to female = $52

Peace and love, and I love making cables!

Jacob

What about...

An XLR patch cable (male to female) of only 9-10 inches in length? I need a balanced XLR patch cable for my bass preamp to power amp. I just don't want a bunch of extra length to deal with out the back of my rack bag.

Jay

Will you make standard XLR cables with Belden 9182 ethernet cable? (ala Jim Williams).

$?

boingoman said:
Apparently he also loves a 2-300% markup. I'd love making cables too, if I could charge $60-$100 an hour to do it.

I wonder what's Monster's markup..

boingoman said:
Apparently he also loves a 2-300% markup. I'd love making cables too, if I could charge $60-$100 an hour to do it.

Thanks guys, it's not that much, and I'd appreciate it if you let my prices be my prices...if you want to, buy my cables, if you don't forget it!

I make about 3 bucks a cable over cost - if you have a problem with that then keep it to yourself...

Jacob

I have some of Jacobs cables and they are the best (as good as any) cables in my studio. The rest of you goofs that are not interested in high end cables, SHUT UP! If you don't want them fine! Read a little about posting stuff for sale here and you will find you are directed to NOT piss and moan about anyones prices. I can vouch for Jacobs cables, who vouches for you?

Hey Kenny,

Where does it say that about the prices? I've seen that other places, but not here. In any case, the spirit of this forum section (and that rule) seems to be about used gear, not someone advertising a service providing new stuff. That's a grey area here, it seems, but if he's gonna post his price list for new cables, I'm gonna question it.

What makes these high-end cables? Canare cable and Neutrik ends? Please. That's just standard good-quality stuff.

jkokura-

I can get 2 Neutrik connectors and 10 meters of Canare Star Quad mic cable from Redco for $16. So can anyone else. For another 50 cents I can label it with heat shrink and Neutrik colored connector parts. Redco will custom-make it for $28.

You charge $52 for the same cable.

What makes yours $36 better?

Last edited:
boingoman said:
I can get 2 Neutrik connectors and 10 meters of Canare Star Quad mic cable from Redco for $16.

Redco will custom-make it for $28

You charge $52 for the same cable.

What makes yours $36 better?

Take all the time you need, I am truly interested in the answer.

Big Kenny, maybe you have some insight, as a customer willing to pay $52 for a $16 cable? You vouched for the guy, put up.

Last edited:
Big Kenny said:
I vouch for the quality and service, if you can get a better price, go get it. And please, shut up! Thanks

Thanks for your illuminating insights on this.

You want me to shut up because I want to know why he charges twice as much as anyone else does for the exact same cable? Not likely. Paying for good quality cables is one thing, but come on. Good or bad, there is a reason for his pricing.

Especially when his response is "Let my prices be my prices" and claims to make "$3 a cable over cost." I'm looking for an honest explanation at this point.

If what he says is true, he's paying way too much for his materials, and someone should tell him. He could buy the same cables pre-made for less than he claims to pay for raw materials. Or maybe he adds some "magic goodies" that make them so much.

If it's not, he's lying to everyone, and needs to be called on it. That's bullshit.

A third possibility is he's mentally challenged, and can't do math. He should have someone help him with his pricing. If that's the case, I'll buy a couple at his prices, and redo his price list or point him to someone who can help with a website that explains his situation and why he needs to charge so much.

Your input isn't helpful in any case. Either you are enabling him ripping off other Home Reccers or are really stupid enough to pay his prices or are helping him drive himself out of business by being a rude advocate, trying to bully me out of asking questions.

Asshole.

Last edited:
Hey Kenny,

You forgot to sign the negative rep you gave me. It's OK, I figured it out. Don't worry, I won't forget to sign mine.

boingoman said:
Thanks for your illuminating insights on this.

You want me to shut up because I want to know why he charges twice as much as anyone else does for the exact same cable? Not likely. Paying for good quality cables is one thing, but come on. Good or bad, there is a reason for his pricing.

Especially when his response is "Let my prices be my prices" and claims to make "$3 a cable over cost." I'm looking for an honest explanation at this point.

If what he says is true, he's paying way too much for his materials, and someone should tell him. He could buy the same cables pre-made for less than he claims to pay for raw materials. Or maybe he adds some "magic goodies" that make them so much.

If it's not, he's lying to everyone, and needs to be called on it. That's bullshit.

A third possibility is he's mentally challenged, and can't do math. He should have someone help him with his pricing. If that's the case, I'll buy a couple at his prices, and redo his price list or point him to someone who can help with a website that explains his situation and why he needs to charge so much.

Your input isn't helpful in any case. Either you are enabling him ripping off other Home Reccers or are really stupid enough to pay his prices or are helping him drive himself out of business by being a rude advocate, trying to bully me out of asking questions.

Why does it matter to you so much? I don't really appreciate the way you're insulting me. To call me 'potentially mentally challenged and unable to do math' is very insulting, I don't appreciate it, and it's uncalled for. I don't come to your threads and make fun of you or point out faults in your pricing (whether or not your actually put prices on anything). I've said it before, but if you have a problem with my prices, don't buy my cables... If you need cables, then buy them! These cables are definately quite a bit cheaper than comparable cables I've found on commercial sites, and I'm keeping the prices down by not wasting time and money on a website. I'm not stupid, my prices are not too high, and these are quality cables, and I also don't do this as a business, it's a service I can provide to other people in my situation, and it's all on this side...I swing a hammer for a job, and I like it!

If you really, really need to know...I'm in Canada, which might explain the price difference...but in case it doesn't - I use Canare Starquad, $4 a metre, and I use American Neutrik XLR ends, 2.75 for male and 3.20 for female, that's not including the cost of my time, solder, flux, heat wrap, or any other added costs. For a 1 metre cable's raw material it costs $10 - If I add another dollar in the combined costs of other materials, electricity, and any other factors I think I can justify a price of $15...

From what I understand, a Mogami Gold cable is pretty comparitive to the Canare Starquad I use. Here's a link for Mogami Gold cable (http://www.music123.com/Mogami-Gold-Studio-Mic-Cable-i31204.music) - that's $45 for 15'...If I charge $22 for 15', I think that's a lot of savings actually...

Thanks for making me explain myself. Oh and lay off Kenny - he's a good guy, I know he's respected around here, and I value his opinions and thoughts. Please don't become the rude guy you claim he is. I respect you and your opinions as they come from your heart and there's nothing wrong with that. I also would like to respectfully ask that you do the same for myself, Kenny, and anyone else at this site.

Jacob

*In greek accent* Hey my friend i make cables! You buy cables. You Get it? I make cable, YOU buy! You gonna buy my cable? Chilli sauce and salad? :rolleyes:

Back