I made a few straps for David Crosby's Tech....

Thatupstateguy

And I have some left over,....

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=24178

Thumbs up
Way cool! Nice stuff.

Damn sweet work Steve!!!!

Excellent looking stuff man...

They will be going up on Ebay via a friend who does that on a regular basis,....

He said they would go very quick.... and at a price WAY more than I am getting .....

so....

won't be offered here for very long......

at least not this batch......

just so you all know....

Steve, PM sent. I would be interested in one, probably in black.

......or you could put all those straps together and make ONE belt for David Crosby...

I hope you're not charging extra because you made them for "David Crosby's tech".

actually, $30 plus shipping of 3 or 4 bucks .. ain't really all that much considering.......

Similar straps are $50 or so in the stores around here...

just so you know, I don't work that way.....and they were made for David, VIA his tech thank you......

Here is the link again so you can see the photos...

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs...pic.php?t=24178

Thumbs up
That's a very fair price for handmade straps.

My chick looked at the strap you gave me at Jamfest and said "that is awesome! I wish it was a belt".

In case I forgot at Jamfest, I wanted to say thank you again for the beautiful guitar strap I got at the check in table!

That thing is a literal piece of art and I plan on hanging it above the doorway to my living room at home!

Thanks again, Steve.

Cheers!

In case I forgot at Jamfest, I wanted to say thank you again for the beautiful guitar strap I got at the check in table!

That thing is a literal piece of art and I plan on hanging it above the doorway to my living room at home!

Thanks again, Steve.

Cheers!

Same one I'm talking about-
Attached Images

Any way to punch an extra hole to make it 47", Steve?
I kind of like the brown one in the bottom photo, center. The one that looks like a vintage burst finish.

Thumbs up
That's a beautiful strap ez_!

Sure,... have to measure one to see if I already have one that's close....

Or just wait for the next batch,... they will be a bit shorter .....

If you can do it I'll take one. I'll shoot you an e-mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
hixmix

Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by hixmix
That's a beautiful strap ez_!

You should see it on my orange Gretsch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_willis
You should see it on my orange Gretsch!

Psychedelic! I'll bet that looks way cool you hippie.
Last edited by hixmix : 08-19-2006 at 22:15.

Here's mine!

Cheers!
Attached Images

Cool Ghost...Great idea.

Thumbs up
Nice!

Hixxy, it's yours dude,.... I will put the extra hole at the top end,... that way it still has some of the re-inforcement I put in between the layers of leather.....

Lemme know ,... it's the only one I have with the reddish brown suede liner.

Steve

I'll take the other brownish one to the left of it, also, if you still have it. I have a friend whose build is similar to Crosby's so you don't have to alter it. It was my friends birthday the other day and haven't gotten him anything yet. This will be perfect!

I shot you an e-mail so you can get back to me with the price for the two straps and payment details.

Thanks!

Sorry man, that one just got boxed up for Dogman,..... another darker brown one, or black is your only choice, or wait for the next batch....

Last edited:
Sorry man, that one just got boxed up for Dogman,..... another darker brown one, or black is your only choice, or wait for the next batch....

Steve

A darker brown one will be good. Thanks.

hixmix

OK. I e-mailed again to the address in the post above. Thanks.

hixmix

Got it, and answered,.... thanks man,...!!!!!

Steve

Just a quick note,... I only have one brown left,... all the others are black....

and I still have the 3" wide black one,...

they all range from about 49" to 54" for adjustments...

Thanks..

Steve

And another note,..... to everyone who has taken the time to look.....

Thank you very much,... I do appreciate allowing me to do this,.... Dragon is an awesome person ..for having this site in the first place,......

It HAS to be a royal pain in the ass,... having to put up with so much crap,......not even mentioning how hard it is to just physically maintain a site of this magnitude...

I wish circumstances allowed for him to get to the fest. It just does not seem right that the head Dragon can't make it to the right coast annual gathering,....

Maybe another time.....

and again, ...My Heartfelt thanks to you all....

this site rocks,..... and so do it's members,.....

Steve

Hey Steve!

I want to thank you for the cool strap, too. My 12 string is loving it!

60's guy

Randy, you are such a cool dude,... THANK YOU SO MUCH .. for the cds, they were great to listen to,..... could you please bring some of those folks next year....?????

some of that stuff sounded like spyro gyra kind of,.... and was wonderful to listen to....

Thanks again to Dragon,.... without this site,..... none of us would have met,... and Jamfest would just be a dream......

Steve

I chersih mine! Everytime I look at it makes me very happy!

You are awesome Steve!!!

betty rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatupstateguy
..... could you please bring some of those folks next year....?????

Thanks, Steve.

My daughter, Jocelyn, and her friend Malibu are defintely planning to be at Jamfest next year.

60's guy

Here is the photo link for anyone who cares....

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=24178

I would love for HR, and RP folks to have these instead of a stranger off Ebay......

That's why I am keeping the price down...

Steve

Last edited:
One more bump to see if anyone would like to save some moola on a nice strap.

I hope I can at least sell enough to cover my costs as far as materials go.....

Otherwise,... why even try.......

Steve

I'll take one, can't get your link to work(probably my spam blocker) How much ya want, where to and I'll take the 2 1/2" black one

Thank you Rick,.... I have answered it, and Big Kenny took a narrower one so the 3" wide is avail,.... it is Black,

I really want to Thank everyone who has responded, or looked at my stupid Strap threads,....It has made it possible for me to recover my costs in making the straps to begin with..

I don't remember the costs of leather being so high,.. but it has been a while since I did any leatherwork for income...

Costs have at least gone up by 35-40% since I last ordered anything... and since shipping Glue is now considered a hazardous material,... it actually costs more to ship, than I pay for the glue,... essentially doubling the cost of that supply... :eek:

Big companies have sort of made it near impossible for a single Craftsman to actually earn a living, or at least, SOME income based on their work...the costs of materials has nearly doubled since 1984 when I last was doing it for a living...... :eek: ... and I was hoping to be able to do more for the cause,.... so much for THAT idea....

Steve

I have two black ones, and a wide black one, and one brown left,....

Next batch for Robert Randolph, will be slightly shorter, and will have a wireless holder built in,..... they will be sized from about 46" to 50", and I will make sure there is at least two or three that are the deep red color, much like the finish on a Les Paul standard with the Cherry finish.

I will post more photos when those are ready......

Thanks again to everyone who has aquired my very limited supply of handmade straps. I do appreciate it, and realize they will be all gone shortly......

I do not have a very big supply of the leather I use for the outer part of them,.... my regular supplier quit selling supplies to small craftsmen like myself, about 5 years ago,...after almost 30 years of buying from them...and I just quit doin leatherwork after I started running out of materials....

Having my wifes uncle stop by about two months ago with a buyout type thing he offered me about $500 worth of a lightweight leather for $100, which not having any projects planned, and not having done ANY leatherwork for over a year,......I went ahead and bought it all,..... not knowing when I would use it...

Well, fate stepped in about three weeks later with a phone call from Davids Guitar tech,....out of the blue mind you,.... I had given him a card two or three years before, when I met him while he was with Bruce Hornsby,....

David told him he wanted a few handmade straps, and he had kept my card in his road box, so.............

Now with Robert Randolph, I have had an ongoing thing with his sound guy, and now also his road manager,... about a small amp for him to use as a warmup amp for his dressing room,.... after meeting up at our local venue,.... he found out I also did straps,..... he looked at the ones I had ready for David Crosby, and ordered 6-8 for Robert,.... and he already was going to use the little 'Blender' amp for his road trip with the Black Crowes.

so after such a long post,..... I will just say, when the next batch is ready,.... and he has picked the ones he wants...I will offer what is left here first,..... and then on to Ebay ......

Thanks again

Steve

And thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love doin stuff for folks here,.... everyone I have EVER delt with here has been GREAT..!!!!!!

and I don't see that changing any time soon...

Thanks again..

I will let you know when your check arrives....

probly in tomorrows mail.....

Steve :D

Hey.........Steve,

You don't happen to have any with A Perfect Circle on them do ya mate? :D

OK, I'm bein' a smart arse so I'll crawl back into my hole :D

ChrisO :cool:

I am really sorry Chris,.... I did try to get my workmates shirt from him to send to you,.... and he was going to give it to me,.... someone broke into his car, and it was in the trunk with a bag full of clothes, along with some tools and other stuff, and it was lifted....... trunk was empty when he came out after work, ......

He never recovered any of his tools, or the bag of clothes.....

I'm sure it happened that way,... at least thats what he told me....

anyway,... I am truely sorry about it,... and if there is ANY way I can fix it, after all, I did promise,... and I do try to live up to things I promise to do....

I do have other crew shirts,.... just name a few bands,..... I will let you know if I have anything from them....

Steve

Steve,

If I had regarded it as an issue, you would have had me "harassing" you long ago.............it IS NOT a problem , I just couldn't control my warped sense of humour.

I drag my leather tools out once every few years, the last time was 3 years ago when I did a pair of matching "Ivy" straps for my son's 21st, before that it was close to 5 years when I did my "Maton" strap to go with my Maton acoustics.

Anyways mate, take care.

Chris

Attachments

• Straps.jpg
    Straps.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 77
Hey, I bought a strap, I want a tee shrt too! I want mine to say " My guitar strap was made for David Crosby (or Bing)"

GREAT LOOKIN STRAPS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't do much tooling or carving any more,..... in fact, this series of straps is the first leatherwork I have done in probably close to two years.....

just sort of lost interest when my major supplier closed their doors....

and as for the shirt,... I know you were just being,..... well,..... you know,....

so the offer still goes, if you want one of my 'CREW' shirts, give me a list of who you like, and I will see if I have one,..... I am sortta runnin out tho,... the shows have gotten much cheaper over the years, and don't give out shirts for every show any more.....

and the same goes for you there Big Ken,..... I need a short list of your favorites, and an idea (just because of your name) if an XL is big enough.....

Like I said,.... I am kinda runnin out of em,.. so don't wait too long.....

Steve

XL is fine, anybody is fine, I do a couple hours a week at a music store and it would be fun to goof with some of the folks there, Be glad to throw ya a couple bucks

Back