Hustle Magic II

Fieva

facebook.com/fieva
I got an idea about this from reading Knothead's post about remixes and collabs. How about Hustle Magic II being mostly collabs (at least half).
Here's how this could work...

Two to three emcees on each track. One of them could make the beat for the track as well or someone not on the track could make the beat. Track cannot be for an album being worked on and has to have been recorded in 2007. That means the other thread for the "***Can we post the beats for our CD in here***" can be used. That way everything on the compilation is fresh new material.

As for the solos, I suggest that we do 18 tracks total with 9 solos. How do we determine who gets the solos? There will be 4 people on the selection panel for all tracks submitted. Those on the panel automatically get the right to take one of the solo slots available if they choose to. Assuming all three take the solo track, this leaves 5 open slots which will be battled for. There will be separate battles for each solo. They will be as follows:

Battle 1) Best lyrical content (one song, three emcees. who's lyrics were better? No dissing, we fam here.)
Battle 2) Beat battle (must be created yourself of course).
Battle 3) Best song (any non-mainstream beat can be used).
Battle 4) Mixing competition (this is a new one hehe, one person who isn't in the competition will record a verse, like 3 - 5 different takes of the same verse, and send it to the competitors without ANY mixing at all to it. The competitors will then mix that using anything they have at their disposal. Best job wins the spot.
Battle 5) Remix competiton (We'll choose an acapella and throw in a drum kit and everyone who's in will have to make their own remix of it. Best remix wins).

This way, everybody's working to get theirs to the next level and we all step our game up. This isn't final by any means, just an idea I'm kickin' out.

Let me know what ya'll are thinking,
Fiev

Last edited:
Also, to help get this moving, I'll willing to make everyone who gets in a banner at the bottom similar to mine with your label info and the hm banner on it. I'm taking the other stuff off of mine soon like the reason, cubase and ps2 but I'm lazy today.

To be considered for entry, email me at hammerback1@gmail.com with the subject being "Hustle Magic II"

Fiev

so we looking at 10 collaboration songs (2-3 artist) and 8 solo's...

how are we goin to pick the solo artist..is that goin to be by the Battle stuff you posted ^^^

I changed it bknot. It's half and half now, 9 solos, 9 collabs, since there's a possible 4 on the panel instead of three. If all 4 take the solos then it's good. If someone doesn't then it will open up a new collab track.

Solo artists will send an email to the official Hustle Magic email that I will make here soon that the panel will have the password to. That way the panel can look at the ones wanting it and which battle they want to get in for it and discuss things in the email or in the forum/PM. Once we know who's competing, then it's all up to who wins the battle.

Oh by the way...you can only win ONE battle. If you are in two of them and you have won one already, the 2nd one will be DQed.

This should get fun in a minute.
Fiev.

HM2 battle info...repost

Here's some more info on the battles for the solo tracks.
Dates for each battle TBA.

Battle 1) Best lyrical content (3 contestants)
(one song, three emcees. who's lyrics were better? No dissing, we fam here.)

Battle 2) Beat battle Up to 10 contestants
(must be created yourself of course).

Battle 3) Best song Up to 10 contestants
(any non-mainstream beat can be used).

Battle 4) Mixing competition Up to 7 contestants
(this is a new one hehe, one person who isn't in the competition will record a verse, like 3 - 5 different takes of the same verse, and send it to the competitors without ANY mixing at all to it. The competitors will then mix that using anything they have at their disposal. Best job wins the spot.

Battle 5) Remix competiton Up to 5 contestants
(We'll choose an acapella and throw in a drum kit and everyone who's in will have to make their own remix of it. Best remix wins).

This should be great. At the end, is this project going to be freely available to everyone in the world, or is it going to be pressed up, or sold in on line stores etc?

Mindset said:
This should be great. At the end, is this project going to be freely available to everyone in the world, or is it going to be pressed up, or sold in on line stores etc?
Considering we have a pannel of judges determining what's good enough to make the compilation, I think we should press it and sell it.

If we do any free downloads, it should be for promotions sake, and to drive sales. Not to give away music we all worked hard on...

im down in anyway possible from producing tracks to just rapping or all of it.... especially seeing as I didnt't make the last one

Man Bknot I forgot ALL about that....my bad man. Let me check that site right now since I'm on the laptop.

(calculating figures...)

Ok it looks like we only had 305 views on this, which isn't too bad but it could be better. I personally don't think we'll be ready to sell units until HM3. I think the way this one is going to be planned out,. it will get done quicker than the first one did. The first thing that everybody involved in the compilation MUST commit too is to pass word of it to 100 people to get more hits. If you can't commit to helping spread word about the compilation, don't participate in it. It can be in person, on MySpace, Soundclick, spamming different forums (oops did I just say that???), whatever. But I think that we should be able to get 10 times this amount easily. We just all have to do more than record tracks, submit them, and that's it.

I think we were just all happy that a compilation finally came through for us...well that's over now. Now it's time to push it harder.

Also, who would be willing to have a banner done like mine to help spread download links around. Previously the only one was on the myspace site. This time the links in the banners will go to the myspace site where the full download will be.

I got plans ya'll and it should be easy enough for all of us to pull together to make it happen.

Fiev.

yo fiev this sounds like a good idea to me playa so you can go ahead and hook me up wit a banner and i'll get some publicity spreading about i should be able to get us a lot of hits easily, and it's gonna be free this time and pay next time? well if thats the case i say when we release 2 we get to work on 3 so we can start breaking bread round here

Yeah I'm good with going for bread if we can get enough hits and downloads going on the first 2. Otherwise we're wasting resources we shouldn't have to.

I'll be putting up a new banner soon. It's bigger than the one I have now. Hey DE...want some camo for that banner. I could make it blue and put Desert Ease Entertainment on it.

Mindset I haven't forgot you either.

Whether I'm involved or not I can get just about the WHOLE D.C area to hit that joint up...but to be honest we cant just do tracks that require to listen to the words, we need catchy hooks that can make you DANCE...thats whats hot right now on this side of town ya dig

Damn looks like I can make it bigger but not if I want to use multiple signs. For those who want just the bigger HM2 banner I can put that up. For those who want their own banner faded into it I can do that in the smaller version.

Fiev.

Yo Desert Ease

Here's your banner...

userbar397668iy1.gif

im in man

the banner is hot plus i did the title track to the last 1 so im in it to get it ya'lland ima drop a beat this time

For those who wanted to rep the larger HM2 banner here it is.

Attachments

• hm2siglarge.jpg
    hm2siglarge.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 58
Back