Hrc#5?

dafduc

What next?

As I mentioned earlier, I'd really like to see a Christmas/ Winter/ Hanukkah/ Solstice/ Kwanzaa/ Ramadan challenge. Great opportunities for social commentary, expressions of faith (or the lack thereof ;) ), and for swiping and rearranging old public domain standards (generally pre-1923 - UK has extra rules regarding composer's date of death).

A compilation, of course, might be highly marketable - or not. Picture, for example, Angels We Have Heard on High on the same album as Here Comes Fatty With His Sack of S&*t (And All His F#$%ing Reindeer) - who would buy THAT???

Anyhow, just one idea. Or we could do a dry collab HR cover in 90 minutes...:D

Daf

I`ve got some cool stuff on some albums, I just need something that`ll play 1/4" wax at 78 rpm. :eek: :)

Evidently I am not alone in my use of the word "album" to mean "a collection of songs on a playable medium"...

Attachments

• snag-0013.jpg
    snag-0013.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 154
I put some Christmas tunes up last year. That could be cool. But I'd like to see maybe something like a lowest common denominator challenge. Like maybe using only a computer mic or something. That would be interesting to hear.

[horschack]Ooh ooh ooh!!![/horschack]

Or we could all remix the abortion that was Freebird-a-la-Jamfest into something new and unrecognizable...

...though large parts of it were already unrecognizable. Still, anyone who could make THAT sound good and/or interesting deserves the endless adulation of the rest of us!

Daf

Wouldn't that be a big 'carousel of disappoinment'?

You know...all of my favorite bands lost some (some even all) of their credit when they made a 'christmas' song. ;)

On the other hand: making cheesy songs is very cool. And I'd love to make a song annoying as, for instance, Last Christmas. The sickening thing about that song is that I actually understand why it's such a hit. And that makes it even more annoying. LOL :)

I did a Christmas tune with my pal Willie.....

it is sort of timeless......a good tune......

a challenge would be cool......

I have some ideas for sure.....

bring it on :D

I need to hush about any NEW project since I`m still legdraggin on mine and dafduc`s #4...... I`ll have the rest of the vocal tracking and mixing finished this week and be ready to post hopefully this weekend, thus still happnin' in August.
I hope :)

Actually.. we already did the Christmas thing.

It wasn't an "official" HRC, but last year around Christmas pretty much everyone in the clinic posted a Christmas song.

For the next HRC, maybe we should just have all the newbies put up a compilation CD of them trolling the clinic, so we'd have something to laugh at while we're not perusing the BBS. :p

No really... crawdad had a thread a while back where we all submitted ideas for the next few HRC's. There were a few good ones that we still haven't gotten to.

Gotta go dig that thread up.

WATYF

I was thinking an acapella song, and not neccessarully a single track. Brave words coming from me, but it'd be fun.

Walter Tore Challenge!

Simple..............Pick 1 of WT's tunes and cover it.
He's probably posted 50 by now, more than enough.

How about everyone covers a song from:

HomeRecording.Comp II???

Huh?

Whaddya tink???

Daf (only heard the red disk so far - leaning toward dtb's thing - or maybe a g-rated Brad cover...:D )

What about making a reggae song? Nobody around here makes reggae....so it could be interesting. LOL

How about everyone, from the original list of 50 people that signed up, who bailed on HRC4 has to do a cover of a HRC4 tune... :)

I'm posting the challenge right now...

;)

It might be a bit premature to start talking about #5 while there are still songs coming in from #4, but I really like the acapella idea, and the reggae idea too. I've got a "white boy" reggae tune I could work up. I've got some other ideas too when we start to talk seiously about it.

Twist

I should probably warn you about that a capella idea! It's all fine and dandy until it comes time to hit that "submit" button.. then the panic sets in... LOL

dafduc said:
What next?

As I mentioned earlier, I'd really like to see a Christmas/ Winter/ Hanukkah/ Solstice/ Kwanzaa/ Ramadan challenge. Great opportunities for social commentary, expressions of faith (or the lack thereof ;) ), and for swiping and rearranging old public domain standards (generally pre-1923 - UK has extra rules regarding composer's date of death).

A compilation, of course, might be highly marketable - or not. Picture, for example, Angels We Have Heard on High on the same album as Here Comes Fatty With His Sack of S&*t (And All His F#$%ing Reindeer) - who would buy THAT???

Anyhow, just one idea. Or we could do a dry collab HR cover in 90 minutes...:D

Daf

Jeez Daf, I was just going to announce that I was accepting submissions for the first ever unoffical HR.COM X-mas CD. You beat me to the punch.

Its way too early for Christmas songs...and they will come out of the woodwork anyway come December. The Unofficial HR Christmas album is a good idea though. There were a bunch of good submissions last year that should be rounded up, especially Lt. Bob's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".

I'd be up for an a cappela challenge. You know what I'd really like? A humor/parody challenge, just to see how demented this clinic can really be.

Back