How to use link in your signature?

You can't just type it in... you have to use the Link control (world with a link in it) in the menu bar to embed your link..

Hi,
When you're editing your signature (or writing a post) you should see a link button in the options above.
It's the one with a globe pic on it.

Type the text you want people to see, highlight it, click the link button, and paste your URL. :)

I've done it for you.

hmmm it didnt show me an option for a link button when i edited my sig, but seems it inserted it somehow anyway

Thanks though, guys...I've been around here quite awhile, but this is first time I tried putting a link in my sig.

can edit my sig, just couldn't put a link there. I'll look again and see if I can edit it, otherwise I'll just leave it alone for now.

Thought I had 50 posts in by now, but I guess not.

And no, there is nothing there for link, and when i try using URL code, it says its not allowed.

hmmm, ok...checked my profile stats again and it says I have 35 posts.

Might need 50 posts before you can edit your signature.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but people come in all the time and the first thing they do is put a link in their signature, because that's all they're here for...;)

One post and a link to their site... if the controls aren't there for them, then maybe they're just typing it in using the square bracket and knowing the format.

When you go to 'Advanced' menu on a post, you see the Soundcloud link icon?

It is not there for me anymore.

For anyone who is interested, the soundcloud link is still there in the advanced view.
It's at the bottom right but the icon is blank.

This will allow you to embed a soundcloud player, rather than just a link. :)

Yea, something is funky, Jimmy...changed to source mode when editing my sig, so I could see what's there...tried just changing the part that displays, so it says "OuttaTime Productions", instead of "My Soundcloud"...and yet, when I go to save it, or even preview it, I get an error saying
  • BB code url is not allowed.
and it doesn't save it.

Back