How is the Behringer Ultralizer?

Jsswtpmp182

Hey everyone, I was thinking about getting a Behringer Ultralizer to introduce myself to mastering. Does anyone out there have one of these that can tell me how they are? I know it probably isn't much, but for the price I think it seems pretty solid. Thanks.

If you're talking about that DEQ2496 thing, don't bother. Actually had one here for a while (it was a gift... still looking for the punch line).

The DEQ2496 got some glowing reviews, I believe one of them was from sound on sound. I picked one up for under $100.00 and love it, really great tool for the home recording based producer. There is a learning curve though. Of course you do understand if it had a different name stamped on it half the people who don't like it would.

ultraseat.jpg

It's got 'ultra' AND 'pro' in the name.

Actually, I have the Ultra-Curve 2496 and in my opinion it's one of the few good units Behringer makes.

Of course, I don't run signal through it, I just use it for the metering. For $300 it is a great little box for RTA and level metering, the most affordable box I could find that does as much. I highly recommend it for the RTA/metering alone.

Don't know what it sounds like though, and don't care.

My wife also invested $69.00 and bought herself the Behringer UltraTampon
for those "uncomfortable" times each month!

MISTERQCUE said:
My wife also invested $69.00 and bought herself the Behringer UltraTampon
for those "uncomfortable" times each month!

Yeah I heard its just a reverse engineered Tampax Gentle Glide Ultra.

I'm holding out for the Ultra-PRO-lizer, 6.1 with UltraproSoniclizerSubwoofer system!

I tried the UltraProCompressorlizer but it just didn't have that professional tube sound I was looking for. Guitar Center gave me my $69.99 back so I ain't pissed off or anything! :D

SonicAlbert said:
Actually, I have the Ultra-Curve 2496 and in my opinion it's one of the few good units Behringer makes.

Of course, I don't run signal through it, I just use it for the metering. For $300 it is a great little box for RTA and level metering, the most affordable box I could find that does as much. I highly recommend it for the RTA/metering alone.

Don't know what it sounds like though, and don't care.

I use it in exactly the same way! Works real nice for RTA/metering, but I never let it touch my audio. :-)

Back