how come home recording morons

sweetnubs

can debate over and over which lame ass cheap microphone sounds the best but then they get incensed when someone says their vintage u-67 sounds better them all of them. Sorry it does and dem is da facks!!!

Looks like someone is in the mood for a argument. I'm not really in the the mood to fight about Mic's, or preamp's right now, but I am a registered republican, and I believe in God and eat meat. I also think that there is life out there but don't think that any UFO's (from other planets) have visited this planet. And I think that prisoners being held for terrorism should get some sort of trial from some entity outside of our military. There should be some here that we disagree about.:D

Looks like someone is in the mood for a argument. I'm not really in the the mood to fight about Mic's, or preamp's right now, but I am a registered republican, and I believe in God and eat meat. I also think that there is life out there but don't think that any UFO's (from other planets) have visited this planet. And I think that prisoners being held for terrorism should get some sort of trial from some entity outside of our military. There should be some here that we disagree about.:D

Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh frikkin yeah?

Me too. (raw, bloody meat to be specific)

can debate over and over which lame ass cheap microphone sounds the best but then they get incensed when someone says their vintage u-67 sounds better them all of them. Sorry it does and dem is da facks!!!

Any new mic will sound better than any old mic, they wear out. Thems the fax jax

dude i run this fuckin awesome casio mic into a preamp i made out of a walkie talkie!!

its fuckin sweet.

sorry for being COMPLETELY off topic, but WhiteStrat... is that Telly Savalas?

-paul

Yep sure is. I have no great affinity for Telly--I just like to rotate my avatar through various deliberately-shaved-bald guys. It's a mini self-portrait. (It was Mr. Clean last.)

I am dealing with some extreme water damage problems in my house, obviously unexpected, and I'm about $10,000 in on the repairs now. Since that comes out to about 1/4th what I make in a year, and I just spent $5,000 on tree removal and repairs to the deck after a storm brought my cottonwood down on top of me, I am looking for any and everything I can do to help pay for it.

So...I'm going to be selling my Neumann soon, taking half the money and putting it towards the housing expenses and using the other half to buy a replacement mic. Whatever mic I end up getting, I'm going to learn to love it and yeah, I'll probably be really annoyed when someone tells me "You should save up for a Neumann, they sound way better than that."

Do people get pissed when they hear there are better sounding mics than a vintage U-67?

I think there are.

Yep sure is. I have no great affinity for Telly--I just like to rotate my avatar through various deliberately-shaved-bald guys. It's a mini self-portrait. (It was Mr. Clean last.)

Awesome! Can we make requests?

Attachments

• drevil.jpg
    drevil.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 233
Do people get pissed when they hear there are better sounding mics than a vintage U-67?

I think there are.

well that's a little unfair as you have inside info-- i'm sure you've made better sounding mics than a vintage U-67 :D

I am dealing with some extreme water damage problems in my house, obviously unexpected, and I'm about $10,000 in on the repairs now. Since that comes out to about 1/4th what I make in a year, and I just spent $5,000 on tree removal and repairs to the deck after a storm brought my cottonwood down on top of me, I am looking for any and everything I can do to help pay for it.

So...I'm going to be selling my Neumann soon, taking half the money and putting it towards the housing expenses and using the other half to buy a replacement mic. Whatever mic I end up getting, I'm going to learn to love it and yeah, I'll probably be really annoyed when someone tells me "You should save up for a Neumann, they sound way better than that."

Sorry to hear about your troubles. If you're serious about the mic situation, when the time comes look in to a Joly modded Oktava. It's the mic that'll make you say "I'm glad I didn't spend all that dough on a Neumann".

Back