Hip Hop Microphone Advice

It didn't make me mad, its just a bewildering question.

Its like saying "what's the best spice for soup?"

What kind of soup??

I got one! Look at the Mojave MA-200. Seriously, seriously good mic for under $1000.

Very versatile too! Sounds good on a lot of sources! much like a U67.

I got one! Look at the Mojave MA-200. Seriously, seriously good mic for under $1000.

...good recommendation...IMHO better than the 4060...but, coming from a guy who produces Reggae (dancehall is very close to hiphop in terms of musical dynamics) I gotta say, there's still one mic that gets the nod more often than my MA-200...care to guess which mic I'm referring to?...yeah...you got that right...;)

What about 12 SM57s?

:confused:

Seriously, for rap - and especially if you don't have the best mic discipline - I'd reach for a quality dynamic first.

Since the SM7 has been dragged through the mud, May I suggest the EV RE-20?

Maybe save up a little and get a channel of Great River to drive it.

alright well so now i guess ill take the peluso VTB out of the picture. so i guess its between the AT 4060 and the Mojave MA-200 although i couldnt find any samples of the Mojave so if anyone cool give me a link or a sample that would be awesome.

cky4987;3119150...any opinions on a Shure KSM32 one of the rappers i listen to uses it and its sounds pretty decent.[/QUOTE said:
The KSM-32 is a great mic, especially for spoken word. KSM-44 is even better - the 44 not only has the switchable polar patterns, but is a different capsule altogether.

cky, if you posted samples of your current stuff it might help in nailing down a selection for your chain.

Back