high end soundcard for high speed A/D

pipelineaudio said:
Can someone point me to any evidence that the electronics of a hi speed dubber would output AUDIO (not tape to tape charge) but actual audio past 20khz?

Isnt "audio past 20khz" usually regarded as a contradiction in terms? Or is that the point you are making?

Tim

No offence but you have to see that you are posting somewhere that people arn't up to speed on what you are doing. But they are stilling trying to give you alternatives. I'll ask you this. I have an old 71 jaguar xj6 that stalls after idle for 30 sec. I have checked both fuel pumps, they are fine. What is wrong? Is that enough info? Am i in the right place, best place to get an awswer? Maybe you can see that since your problem is unique, you arn't going to get a quick, or easy, or even a good answer necessarily.

Anyway, what i have to add, you can defineatly use 2 audiophile 2496's at once. Infact you can use 5. I've only used 2 at once though and i can assure you that works. Actually any soundcard from the "delta" family will work in conjunction with another one. Now the issue is if the destination (program) can easily work with two cards. I know protools most defineatly can. I would image it would work with 5, i don't know, i would never need more that two.

talontsiawd said:
No offence but you have to see that you are posting somewhere that people arn't up to speed on what you are doing. But they are stilling trying to give you alternatives. I'll ask you this. I have an old 71 jaguar xj6 that stalls after idle for 30 sec. I have checked both fuel pumps, they are fine. What is wrong? Is that enough info? Am i in the right place, best place to get an awswer? Maybe you can see that since your problem is unique, you arn't going to get a quick, or easy, or even a good answer necessarily.

Anyway, what i have to add, you can defineatly use 2 audiophile 2496's at once. Infact you can use 5. I've only used 2 at once though and i can assure you that works. Actually any soundcard from the "delta" family will work in conjunction with another one. Now the issue is if the destination (program) can easily work with two cards. I know protools most defineatly can. I would image it would work with 5, i don't know, i would never need more that two.

I got just the help I needed from this forum. Reggie knew exactly what I was talking about and quickly put me onto an M Audio Audiophile 192 card which I have already ordered from my local store. I'll collect it in a day or two. I'm very pleased.
Thanks to those who helped me in this.

Tim

talontsiawd said:
No offence but you have to see that you are posting somewhere that people arn't up to speed on what you are doing. But they are stilling trying to give you alternatives. I'll ask you this. I have an old 71 jaguar xj6 that stalls after idle for 30 sec. I have checked both fuel pumps, they are fine. What is wrong? Is that enough info? Am i in the right place, best place to get an awswer?

That sounds like a coil problem... or a distributor pickup unit issue (whole distributer maybe) ... does it shut off while driving?

anyway... being a home recording forums... and me being a home recordist... I would farm it out... PC power is cheap... just get 10 800mhz PCs going with delta 1010s and you can have 40 sterio decks going at once... no need for specialized equipment at all...

Yep, 10 old computers and 10 Delta 1010's is MUCH cheaper and easier than one or two Delta192s... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't even know where to get 10 800MHz computers...

Check at almost any universities bid sales. There should be hundreds of 800mhz computers. Lots if windows 98 too:D

What i really need to find though is an old Opcode midiquest sound card:(

xstatic said:
Check at almost any universities bid sales. There should be hundreds of 800mhz computers. Lots if windows 98 too:D

What i really need to find though is an old Opcode midiquest sound card:(
I'm still using my MQ 2PortSE! :D

I met the guy that wrote the driver for it at NAMM. :cool:

Blimey, I thought I'd seen some snooty faggots, but this guy takes the cake.

If you're so fantastic in your field, why do you need advice?

Back