Hi everyone...can you guys help me with my space?

I just edited your thread title too. Sorry, it was my OCD that was raising my blood pressure. lol!

It is always best, when limited by space, to treat one room effectively, and take advantage of it. You may likely find that another room, for guitars or whatever loud source, will be necessary. But, the big treated room will be your friend for the more detailed stuff. I myself, recorded drums in my main room at first. Just takes a bit more time to get it right. Hell, I still have the isolation ear protection (made for gun shooting) that I just placed over a $10 pair of earbuds. Worked to a degree. Still felt the low end around me, so it took a while to get mic placement correct.

I eventually needed to treat another room for drums and guitars, but still use my main room for vocals.

I just edited your thread title too. Sorry, it was my OCD that was raising my blood pressure. lol!

Thanks for the "helpe" lol. I didn't realize it was spelled like that until after it was posted and I couldn't figure out how to edit it.

My wife and I worked on the drum cloud some today, but I changed the plan a little. With my first design, there would have only been two 2x4's spanning the width of the opening. I was afraid that two would not support the weight. So, I used three instead. There will be two panels, 2'x6' each, which is the same area of absortion as the first design. Hopefully, a 4'x6' cloud will do the trick. I've got to relocate my track lights that I had up there. And, I guess I'm going to take down that pull up bar since I don't use it anymore, although I probably need to LOL.

photo133y.jpg

Back