Hey Sjoko, about those converters...

Hey Crushed,
Sjoko wrote a few LONG and very informative posts in this thread: https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30520&highlight=converters+AND+lucid

Pretty much all I know about these issues comes from that (thanks again Sjoko)!

www.macmidimusic.com have the Lucid gear that is mentioned, if you'd like to check out the prices (it hurts).

Some day I will take the step up from pro-sumer to pro. And then I'll be sure to check out some high quality A/D/A converters and clocks. Until then I'm happy with my Delta 1010.

Cheers
/Henrik

Crushed, please note that it doesn' matter what you record, digital or analogue (which is turned into digital anyway).
We sell the Lucid ADA 8 channel converter for $1900. Not cheap.
What a Delta benefits most from is something like a GEN6-96 clock, which gives an immediate overall improvement in audio quality.

If you would use an external converter with your system, you would use it instead of your breakout box

sjoko2 said:

We sell the Lucid ADA 8 channel converter for $1900. Not cheap.

A lot cheaper than Macmidimusic ($2900 on sale)! So how much is the Gen6? Could you get a version that I can use in Europe (220 volts)?

Cheers
/Henrik

sjoko2 is correct. THe genx6 will yeild immediate overall improvement. I think the genx6 can be had for $350 now.

I've decided that the genx6 and ad9624 are like listening to a wave file , while the regular soundcard converters are like listening to a 128 kbps mp3 of that wave file.

The GEN6 is $350, the GEN6-96 $525. Power supply is no problem, they ship with 110 or 220/240 volt supplies

Back