Guitar won't go out of tune

I have a bass that won't go out of tune either...It was a real PITA too--Back when I was playin' in the road bands our guitar boy quit tuning it between sets...He got real lazy, no cleaning, buffing, cradling, carressing...The axe developed an anxiety and would only play Elvis Costello shit for the longest time....But it got better...

...I just checked--Yep, still in tune...

Eric

I have a bass that won't go out of tune either...It was a real PITA too--Back when I was playin' in the road bands our guitar boy quit tuning it between sets...He got real lazy, no cleaning, buffing, cradling, carressing...The axe developed an anxiety and would only play Elvis Costello shit for the longest time....But it got better...

...I just checked--Yep, still in tune... :cool:

Eric

Guitars NOT going out of tune can be a serious problem. They ultimately cause the player/tech to loose their tuning skills. This can be very embarrassing if the occasion arises when someone asks you to tune their guitar. You'll just be a deer in headlights.

My recommendation is to bash the guitar on the floor a few times. Then bend the neck Randy Rhodes style. If this doesn't help, then my sympathies to you.

noisedude said:
I had a problem like this with my drumkit once. Then I realised it was a piano.

Long, long ago there was a story about Charlie Watts in the recording studio. He walked, set up his kit and announced that he was ready. The engineer asked if he was going to tune his kit first. Charlie's response was, "Why? As soon as I start bangin' on 'em they're going to go out anyway."

Charlie's problem was different than what is being discussed here ;)

boingoman said:
Take a marker and write "Fender Stratocaster" on the headstock. It will be out of tune before the ink dries. :)
Hey Boingo,I know this thread is just a joke but,out of all the guitars I have
owned,(Les Pauls,flying v's,Jackson/Charvel,Ibeenhad,and many more)noth-
stays in tune like an american strat or tele.

Back