Guitar under $600

creation25

I'm looking to buy my first guitar this week. I'm a keyboard player and I've never play the guitar. I would love to complement guitar into my piano. What are some of the good guitar below $600? I'm more of a pop guy so I like acoustic guitar that would sound like pop. Not country, classic nor latin sound, if you know what I mean.Thanks for helping me out.

That one look pretty nice and affordable. Have you record some of them? I would love to hear it if you did. I tried to look for some demo on youtube but there's nothing show up.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...ing-clinic/country-ish-song-obviously-338859/

It's not real prominent in this song.

I could make some recordings but they'd be a matter of mic/placement/room/preamp etc. I'll see what I can do in the next few days.

Basically, it sounds a lot like the big martins, like a d28, but a highs aren't as mellow, and the mids are a little boxier. But, it's still a great sounding guitar and for the price can't be beat IMO. It has a nice warmth and woody mids...I don't know if any of that makes any sense to anyone but me.

For 1/8 the price of the Martin it's a steal even if it isn't 100% of the sound. And if it's your first guitar, you want something easy to play...which this is. I've been playing since I was 9 and have a lot of really nice guitars and still go to this one regularly...plus I play out with it since it's so much less expensive than the others.

With that kind of budget, you have a lot of options. Don't get locked into the idea that a certain brand is best. Go to different stores and try out every guitar in your price range. And, don't be afraid to look at some even if the price tag is more than your budget. If it's a slow sales day or month, and the guitar has been in the shop for awhile, they may come down to your budget. I have a very nice Breedlove that was priced $400 over my budget and the store came down to my budget simply because they wanted to sell a guitar that day. I had no expectation that they would accommodate me, I just asked if I could try the guitar even though I knew it was beyond my budget and the manager told me if I liked it, it was mine for what I could pay.

I'll second that. Make the rounds at your local Banjo Mart and play a lot of guitars. Street price is always cheaper than list. Just turn on your inner Lava Light and let your guitar find you.

I have to brag. Last weekend I snagged (well, my wife did) a Breedlove for $180.

Last edited:
Seagull, as mentioned above ^ is a good choice.

I have a Cort Earth 70, I absolutely love it, and the craftsmanship is excellent - nevermind the fact that it was only $200.00. A great sounding, bulletproof guitar, with a solid spruce top.

Here it is, being abused on the docks:
IMG_0276.jpg

Lol @ TR's comment about the roach ^^^. And I wish I owned a boat.

If you're looking for an acoustic and have the mic(s) to record it, I have nothing to offer, sorry. If you are looking for electric to be recorded clean in poppish tunes, I have suggestions.

PRS SE Bernie Marsden!!!!

Its $649.99

I am sure you could get it a little cheaper. it is a fantastic guitar for the money.

I would highly recommend the washburn anniversary series...pm me if you want a recording of it. It's pretty, and has a punch full tone

Man, I came close to buying a recording king acoustic before I bought my guild dv52. The RK guitars are great sounding and really look sharp....alot of bling for the money.

I started frequenting the letstalkguild website and it was over with... My budget went out the window to get what I wanted.
But, damn what a fine guitar my dv52 is!!

Back