Guerilla Recording Podcast

There are a lot of people interested in location recording. Maybe you aren't, but why go to such lengths to trash the whole thing, when you aren't even interested.

No one said anything negative about location recording.

The comments were about podcasts and blogs....BORING, like watching (or listening to) paint dry...but, I guess that's what some people like to listen to on the way to work. *shrug*
The whole "reality TV" thing and all....like watching 5 people sitting on a couch talking about what they had for lunch yesterday.

I'm just saying that there's so much better audio recording info already out there...complete instructional videos with music examples for people who are looking for that...I just can't imagine why these podcasts and blogs would be more interesting....but hey, if you say there's a big audience out there for them, then just ignore my opinion. :)

No one said anything negative about location recording.

The comments were about podcasts and blogs....BORING, like watching (or listening to) paint dry...but, I guess that's what some people like to listen to on the way to work. *shrug*
The whole "reality TV" thing and all....like watching 5 people sitting on a couch talking about what they had for lunch yesterday.

I'm just saying that there's so much better audio recording info already out there...complete instructional videos with music examples for people who are looking for that...I just can't imagine why these podcasts and blogs would be more interesting....but hey, if you say there's a big audience out there for them, then just ignore my opinion. :)

And I'm just saying, add something positive to the discussion, that's all.

Wow you guys are being uncharacteristically harsh. Here are a few random thoughts:

Podcasts are HUGE - people listen to them, on their iPods, while commuting to and from work in cars, trains, buses and autos

Blogs (Wordpress et al) are great content management systems. There is nothing inherently wrong with them. They can be a great tool for a musician.

Guerilla recording is quite different than regular home studio recording. Focus is on portability, ease of setup - etc. It's a total blast. My Guerilla rig consists of a MacBook Air, a Scarlett 2i2, an inexpensive dynamic mic and stand and a couple of older flips from craigslist. I use the flips because I record alone in public and I'm not as worried if someone runs up and steals a flip.

There are a lot of people interested in location recording. Maybe you aren't, but why go to such lengths to trash the whole thing, when you aren't even interested.

agreed 100%. i love listening to podcast at work. and since im a recording newb, I'm very interested in pretty much anything anyone has to say about it.

You guys have fun....I wasn't really trying to rain on pipeline's parade, it's just that I honestly never got the whole blog/podcast thing and why people would bother doing them or following them, 'cuz it's mostly about listening to or reading what one person has to say...and endless monologue.

I would much rather get my info a different way, but obviously some folks like blogs and podcasts, and I guess if you have an audio recording service, it's just one more way to draw in some business through your website.

I'll check back in down the road to see how going....just for my curiosity.

I said that podcasts were the same as blogs...one is narrated audio the other written word, but both follow the same format....one person talking.

Oh...and Hostess went bankrupt awhile ago, so your twinkies must be leftovers, and pretty stale by now. :)

Miro, I see your point; The internet is coming dowon with this info.
I have to agree with Chuck though. There's a massive market for podcasts and a shedload of people do playlist things for their journey to work, school, or wherever.

OP, I didn't listen through so I don't know about your info, but the sound quality seemed good from the start and that really is important.
Hope it works out for you.

Wow you guys are being uncharacteristically harsh.

I already said I thought it was harsh. But I agreed on the overall thrust of them. Remember, everyone joins a discussion according to where they are in life. If you've been an avid follower of podcasts or blogs for a long while you may get to that point where they bore you to tears and that may be your current frame of reference. I was agreeing in general. I never said anything about Pipelineaudio's gig.

And I'm just saying, add something positive to the discussion, that's all.
I agree with this, only insofar as one does not go out of their way to trash for the sake of being contrary. That does happen from time to time on HR and it is annoying. But at the same time, it's only an opinion and there are ways to counter opinions by stating one's own.
Also, sometimes, by not being gushing about a particular thing, it causes food for thought that might take said thing to another level.

I already said I thought it was harsh. But I agreed on the overall thrust of them. Remember, everyone joins a discussion according to where they are in life. If you've been an avid follower of podcasts or blogs for a long while you may get to that point where they bore you to tears and that may be your current frame of reference. I was agreeing in general. I never said anything about Pipelineaudio's gig.

I agree with this, only insofar as one does not go out of their way to trash for the sake of being contrary. That does happen from time to time on HR and it is annoying. But at the same time, it's only an opinion and there are ways to counter opinions by stating one's own.
Also, sometimes, by not being gushing about a particular thing, it causes food for thought that might take said thing to another level.

Fine, look obviously I'm in no position to tell anyone what to do. Nor does my comment relate to saying only positive things.. I know another thread I was interested is totally derailed.

Chuck...there's nothing "derailed".

I thought the whole point of this thread was to get people to go to HIS website and get involved with his podcasts...has anyone done that?
Also, he asked for folks to provide questions that he can address in his podcats....after four weeks, I don't see a single question.
So I think the thread just died 3 weeks ago and it's not been derailed.
If anything, there is more attention drawn to it now than in the last three weeks..... you're welcome. ;)

Chuck...there's nothing "derailed".

I thought the whole point of this thread was to get people to go to HIS website and get involved with his podcasts...has anyone done that?
Also, he asked for folks to provide questions that he can address in his podcats....after four weeks, I don't see a single question.
So I think the thread just died 3 weeks ago and it's not been derailed.
If anything, there is more attention drawn to it now than in the last three weeks..... you're welcome. ;)

Touche :-) Because of this thread I found and joined the Guerilla Recording group on FB.

And you are still totally, utterly, wrong

:D

It happens sometimes.

At any rate, the "interview" approach doesn't make the podcast any more exciting for me....it's just like two people taking to each other in a blog....and I still find it pretty boring to listen to, but that's me (and well, maybe some others).

You don't need to feel defensive about your podcast project on my account.
While there obvioulsy are podcast/blog fans out there...take my "harsh" perspective in a creative light, and consider that if your real goal is to draw in audio enthusiast for the sake of audio info, they may not all care for following a podcast/blog format.
Of course, if your goal/motivation is also the act of specifically doing *podcasts*....then focus on the type of audience that will be drawn in specifically to that, as they will not be bored by it.

Maybe in six months or so we can see who was totally, utterly, wrong.

So far, this thread discussing the pros/cons of podcasts and blogs has had more action than your podcast AFA comments/posts....so I'm here for you if you need a bump. I can even join your forum..... ;)

I can hear the stadium creaking from those goalposts moving

Now I guess we have to redefine "blog" to mean: any information anywhere ever in the universe

Back