Greg's Mixing contest is over. No tracks to download.

Good thing I ran into this now! Unfortunately, I'm in college, but I can still mix with my laptop, headphones, and Bose speakers. :D :D :D :D

:(

Man, you've got way more patience than I do. I've put 2 tunes up for mixing in the last 2 years or so, and both times I just couldn't get myself to listen to any more mixes after about 5 or 6. It had nothing to do with how good or bad they were, I just couldn't keep on listening to my tune over and over, especially since I thought the best mix was mine anyway. :D

I was tempted to put up my last tune for mixing, but then I shuddered at the thought of having to listen to mixes over and over again.

You're a better man than I.

Oooh, I'd do a Rami mix... ;)

Here it is! Mixed with $15 headphones and Bose speakers. Also, I could only use stock plugs. I should get a prize for that! :D

Attachments

• Crows European Home.mp3
    9 MB · Views: 27
Killer Track! Just started working on my mix and hope to have it done as soon as i can for y'all to hear. thanks for posting Greg

Safe European Home mix

Hi Greg, fun song, see what you think about this mix. Lots of fun mixing it, I didn't fade the ending, could do that later.

Attachments

• Safe European Home mix 10.4.13.mp3
    7.3 MB · Views: 16
There are some very cool mixes in this bundle.
I'm very interested in the different interpretations.
Well done you mob.

my mix for greg

ok...i think i figured out how to upload/attach a file.

couldn't figure out how to edit my original post though.

have i mentioned i'm new?

Attachments

• safe.mp3
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
Tracks are gone forever. No more downloads, so if you missed out, too bad for you. If you're still sitting on them, please don't share them. If you haven't finished your mix yet, you're running out of time. Get it to me before Friday October 11, 2013 12:00 pm CST USA. Good luck.

Is it ok to share my mix also in SoundCloud to my friends, or do you want keep these mixes away from SoundCloud?

Ok listened back to my last submission and it was way over the top. Sounded cheesy. I would like to sub this one. It's more balanced I feel but still quite modern.

Attachments

• Safe_EU_Homes_Turkeyoverlord_3.mp3
    9 MB · Views: 19
Not that you need any help on this Greg, and I'm just looking at the last page of mixes:
Pahtcub - guitars too loud for me, but overall pretty balanced
Turkeyoverlord - nice drum compression, but perhaps the kick is compressing things a touch too much during intro. Very narrow...and instinctively harsher on the mids. Still works...takes some getting used to. Vocal doesn't quite occupy the space I'd instinctively want it to.
Ace Tone - vocals too up front, and needs levelling. but nice balance between guitars and drums

Overall I would've wanted to hear a strong controlled bassline, super-audible vocals, and guitars tickling your ears without masking the vocal.

Back